Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Guild needed.

Options
  • 19-07-2008 7:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Rigght, Im finally gonna give Eve a go, been promising since it was launched (what, 5 years ago?) and have a lot of mates playing.

But I need a hand on what server/ faction I should play.

Any irish guilds?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

These aren't the WoW forums you know?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

no **** sherlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Ass Face wrote: »
    These aren't the WoW forums you know?

This is why a lot of people think EVE players are all cun*s.

Well in all honestly, I've been playing MMORPG's for like 10 years now so I have a pretty thick skinn with it comes to trolls on forums.

His name is pretty accurate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭Glippo

They are called corps in EVE...calling them guilds gets eve'ers worked up cause EVE is supposed to be the opposite of WoW...just ignore us tho..we're elitist pricks...
    And no dont think there are any irish only corps...but join the 'irish' chat channel in game and say hi

• Advertisement

What sewrver do most of you guys play on, or are there even more than one server?

Just one server...Tranquility

Cheers.

I've been meaning to do this for fecking years and its about time i pulled the finger out.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Dont go to irish its awful but if you can find a time travel device of some type and go back to 2006 it was ****ing epic then o7

And dont ask for a "guild" in game srly you will just cause issues for yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Too late bizmark, hes already met Khan Zu....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Khan Zu is lovely <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Statso

Irish chan is still epic dark if your all big 0.0 alliance fags like us. \o/

Although before all the BoB **** started it was much more general bull**** and craic going on which was good i have to admit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

SPY! SPPPPYYYYYYY! Shut up Gneez get out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

kyp_durron wrote: »
    Khan Zu is lovely <3

We'll see after tonight! Does Khan Zu find D2 nightclub? only time will tell, same bat channel! Same bat time! Same Bat Zu!

Yes I found it. Turns out we were going to Coppers. Coppers.

Drunk posting ftw

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭kaahooters

Zillah wrote: »
    Yes I found it. Turns out we were going to Coppers. Coppers.

Drunk posting ftw

lolz coppers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Statso wrote: »
    Irish chan is still epic dark if your all big 0.0 alliance fags like us. \o/

Epic fail you mean

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

bizmark wrote: »
    Epic fail you mean

Well its better than what it was dark, but still not the old irish room back in the day, when me, gneez, glippo and all were starting off. :pac:

R0ot wrote: »
    Well its better than what it was dark, but still not the old irish room back in the day, when me, gneez, glippo and all were starting off. :pac:

Ah those were the days. Maybe we should try liven it up again, organise some irish roams and what-not

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

And here is an example of the close-knit EvE community at work. First a genuine player gets trolled/attacked for an honest mistake, a few kind souls warning the chap on his mistake and then the thread devolves into a drunken remembrance of old times-what.

Forgive the troll, but I thought it ironic given the last weeks activities ;)

• Advertisement

Why should I be nice to all these *snip*, Bobbits and pubbies? You don't 'get' Eve. Screw you and your touchy feely huggy no consequences WoW crap.

I once heard a great teamspeak recording about a WoW player that had tried Eve and kept going into low sec with his mining cruiser and simply didn't understand why this same group of jerks kept "griefing" him, he hadn't done anything wrong, why wouldn't they leave him alone. They invited him onto their teamspeak and fun was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

lol... yea if your looking for rainbows and smiles.. Eve is the wrong place for you. Its like a neverending dark ally populated with scumbags that will knife you for the 10 cent in your pocket.

To the guy who posted origionally.. Join the channel "irish" ingame.. and we'll give ye a hand getting started..

mamolian wrote: »
    To the guy who posted origionally.. Join the channel "irish" ingame.. and we'll give ye a hand getting started..

He did. He met me. Fun was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Alrighty lads lets cut out the crap, zillah calm down. I don't really mind off-topic posts as such, since most of the time they have reference to another question asked in the same thread, and the guys were right to grill sean about the guild thing, better from us that from the entire Jita local on his first day. :pac:

Completely pointless mod edits in this thread :/

You've turned some truly beautiful posting into an edited mess, I hope you're happy. This thread could have been a work of art. Now its like you ran over it with a car.

Ivan wrote: »
    And here is an example of the close-knit EvE community at work. First a genuine player gets trolled/attacked for an honest mistake, a few kind souls warning the chap on his mistake and then the thread devolves into a drunken remembrance of old times-what.

Forgive the troll, but I thought it ironic given the last weeks activities ;)

I agree tbh, I'm getting pretty sick of this elitist bull****. STOP GIVING MY GAME A BAD NAME! Some of us are working hard to show the eve community in a good light Ivan, rest assured that we are.

I can feel parts of my brain falling away like wet cake...

I just know that no one is better than anyone and everyone is the best at everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭mamolian

stirpot.gif

Advertisement