Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what do you say to someone who doesn't like FLCL?

Options
  • 19-07-2008 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭

well?

what do you say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

"What's it like to lose one's virginity?"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

no nazis need apply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 kurenai

Well, FLCL is completely nuts, but that's it's appeal. The fact that you don't understand it is why you should like it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Captain Ginger

Actions speak louder than words.

Punch them in the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Actions speak louder than words.

Hit them with a Rickenbacker electric bass in the face.
    Fixed. :pac:

Or just point, laugh & tell them they can't take zany cartoonyness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

well?

what do you say?

"This girl can fit a whole guitar inside herself!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Maybe they just dont get the references? But they have to get the South Park one. That was just completely random. Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Fringe

I confess... I didn't like it that much... I found it alright but I wasn't that bothered on watching the next episodes. That was a few years ago though so I might give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 StephenP023

He lost his brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭gearoidof

it's not exactly a good "introduction to anime" let's be honest, if they don't like it, say ok, it's quite hard to grasp.

That said, I didn't enjoy episode 1, it was a bit TOO out there, but I persevered, and enjoyed the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cats12

Though ive not heard the ones you mentioned, ive often observed people saying bye-bye when farewelling someone in anime, even though to the best of my knowledge thats only english. i suspect it may have something to do with japans additude to western culture, because if you listen youll often find english words mixed into anime.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭triseke

loved flcl. ive been watching anime for a long time though, perhaps its not the best intro to anime for someone who hasnt seen much to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 BlackJewel

you dont need to say anything to a person who didn't like FLCL...
    stop being an irish clown and trying to make it funny

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭caff

Keep repreating Furi Kuri at the end of every sentence while talking to them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 oMega_2093

cats12 wrote: »
    Though ive not heard the ones you mentioned, ive often observed people saying bye-bye when farewelling someone in anime, even though to the best of my knowledge thats only english. i suspect it may have something to do with japans additude to western culture, because if you listen youll often find english words mixed into anime.

There are a lof of English words in Japanese nowadays. I think they find foreign stuff "kakkoi".

About FLCL, I have watched it but I don't know if I love it, or if I hate it. But probably I just found it ok.

Advertisement