Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband upgrade??

Options
  • 19-07-2008 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭

I was downloading a file today and was getting almost 1mbps. It was only a small file so i dismissed it as just a bit of a speed spike.

but just now i was downloading a torrent and forgot to limit the upload speed and it was uploading at 120kbps.

now im only paying for a 6meg connection so i decided to run a speed test.

My connection is now a 10meg down and 1 meg upload.

Ive also noticed some extra channels on the TV. Have NTL been giving free upgrades or something.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

since the 1st July, UPC did upgrades of 1Mb -> 3mb, 6Mb -> 10Mb and 12-> 20Mb. Theres a big Massive thread about it in the broadband forum.

And as for the new channels, yeah, i think they upgraded the digital package too, hurray for dave*!

[SIZE=-2]* Dave the UKTV channel

[/SIZE]
    PS. The 10Mb line you currently have (€30/Month) does not have a Cap on it, so thats no download limit! Go nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

since the 1st July, UPC did upgrades of 1Mb -> 3mb, 6Mb -> 10Mb and 12-> 20Mb. Theres a big Massive thread about it in the broadband forum.

And as for the new channels, yeah, i think they upgraded the digital package too, hurray for dave*!

[SIZE=-2]* Dave the UKTV channel

[/SIZE]
    PS. The 10Mb line you currently have (€30/Month) does not have a Cap on it, so thats no download limit! Go nuts!

Dave has been of the NTL/UPC lineup for ages, it;s the new name for UKG2

Dave has been of the NTL/UPC lineup for ages, it;s the new name for UKG2
    I know, but not for the €23.50 package i signed up to a few months ago. Dave was blocked. Now it aint!

Actually, at the mo, were getting scammed! 3.50 extra a month when its now 20 euro! Might have to give em a call and see what the story is there!

Or possibly our €23.50 package is now €26, but we pay 23.50 because were so great

• Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

i have one thing to say. awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Might have to give em a call and see what the story is there!
    Sorry, I lol'd. Been chasing the fcukers all week for my upgrade but to no avail

Also, you are supposed to fill out an online form in order to get the upgrade. Sounds like a fortunate accident that you were upgraded

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Damn ye with your ntl. here's me stuck with 1meg eircom, when by right i should now have 10 meg ntl. i never thought id say it but i miss ntl

Krieg wrote: »
    Also, you are supposed to fill out an online form in order to get the upgrade. Sounds like a fortunate accident that you were upgraded

For the OP, yes. Unless, like me, he only got NTL recently, when I rang em up at the end of June they said I wont have to fill out the online form because I only got their service recently.

Anyways, theres the Mega thread for this type of talk.

OP, enjoy the speed!

Advertisement