Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

going for it again..

Options
  • 19-07-2008 8:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭

monday is d day once again... here is my story

started to learn to drive in may 07..and applied for test in same month... got shipped to other side of country to work and got test in oct but because i was working 7 days a week i didnt have time to get lessons n the right town so phoned and cancelled and re applied to where i was living.

got it eventually for may was all happy got driving lessons was all preped for it or so i thought, was in waiting room when i cop my licence was out of date by two days.. yes i know i should of checked but i think i was worked up about practising etc i forgot the basics... my heart dropped when i copped it. went in and told the tester what happened and he had sympathy for me but obivously couldn't do the test. the tesat was with sgs by the way. went straight over applied for new licence and got it next day which made it worse cause in my head if only i had copped it early i would of got my licence in time

rang test centre and explained what had happened and they put me on cancellation list..so defo going to be prepared.. got the call test anbd they only gave me 1 week notice but i didn't care just happy to get it. few more lessons in and do all the checks.. every part of this is true... friday checked all lights working .. oops parking light gone...ok replaced it saturday..after replacing it checked if all were working sorted!..practising again sunday..parked up for evening..check lights again all working..phew... next day drove to work.. i couldnt get time off at short notice only a half day.. got to test centre.. test started..got all the signs right... all under the bonnet stuff right... he is checking lights...brake lights gone... between sunday and monday evening they went.. the test this time its rsa people .. he was not impressed.. saying you should of checked them.. i explained to him what i had done he kinda understood then... but still at end of it he said you shuld of checked an hour before hand. now i should of in theory but in theory they could of been fine then too for all of know they could of blown when i got there...sods law!

the nerves have started but different to the last two times, i mean i have practised and practised...took over ten lessons...but still feel im going to fail.. i drive about 1000 km a week i have so mch experience,.. just have gut feeling im going to fail but on what i dont know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭kittycati

Say you'll be fine. Nerves are good!!! You'll be extra cautious on day. Best of luck. Mine Wednesday!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

So you've had your disasters, skit happens.
    Now its time to really show them what you can do.
    Best of luck.

BTW Check under the car for gremlins;)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

test started..got all the signs right... all under the bonnet stuff right... he is checking lights...brake lights gone... between sunday and monday evening they went.. the test this time its rsa people .. he was not impressed.. saying you should of checked them.. i explained to him what i had done he kinda understood then... but still at end of it he said you shuld of checked an hour before hand. now i should of in theory but in theory they could of been fine then too for all of know they could of blown when i got there...sods law!
    You have indeed been unlucky but I often wonder if I am the only person in Ireland who carries spare bulbs!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭wil

You have indeed been unlucky but I often wonder if I am the only person in Ireland who carries spare bulbs!
    Quite possibly by the number of cyclops cars I've seen, and even some with no front or no rear lights, sometimes on relatively new cars.

In some European countries it is law to carry a spare set.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

You could do a good trade selling them for €50 each in the test center car park :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

I often wonder if I am the only person in Ireland who carries spare bulbs!
    No, I keep a few in the glovebox at all times :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

well..i passed.. two grade 2 s :), was a long one nearly 50 mins... but went well.. best of luck to everyone about sit theirs..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

Well Done Man, Have mine this Friday And Bricking it, Had 2 lessons last weeks and having one wednesday, thursday and friday morning. Was there much theory on yours??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I do too, I presumed it was required. It certainly should be. OP, good job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

no not really.. its important to know it but its a small part of test just shows u have done prep work to the tester.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭justbringit89

no not really.. its important to know it but its a small part of test just shows u have done prep work to the tester.

did you just use the theory book to study the questions??? also how many theory questions,Road signs & Hand Signals Did he ask you??

Also when asking the questions does he just ask it or show you piece of paper with question on it and you chose a, b or c??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Also when asking the questions does he just ask it or show you piece of paper with question on it and you chose a, b or c??
    He/she will ask 4 or 5 questions usually in relation to overtaking on left, when to use dipped lights, where not to park etc. (all very straightforward).

He will then produce a laminated sheet with about 20 signs on it which will be placed in front of you (examiner will be on other side of desk). He will point out 4 or 5 signs with his pen and ask what they mean.

It's all very simple (and usually done in a bored type of way as they go through it so often :eek:) and nothing to get worried about.

Good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

It was stressed to me that you never say "Don't Know" but to instead give an answer even if you think it's completely wrong - common sense really!

Advertisement