Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temperature Checks

Options
  • 19-07-2008 8:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

We have been checking temperature checks for years. But what about relative humidity.

we had a case where the temp did not fluctuate but the RH went down considerably.

Theories?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

What were the conditions in the room? Temperature, Outside Weather conditions, date of the house, presence of damp?, size and ammount of people?

You really have to go into more detail about the place that this has happened .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭malico

The location itself was a government building, well kept.

The location itself is not the subject, just a small example.

This point has come up on another board, and just seeing what opinions we got from here as to the correlation between a RH drop and any paranormal happenings with no fluctuation in the ambient air temp.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

presence of a dehumidifier. Air conditioning unit? Especially in a gov building?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Whats the theory behind checking temperature? Are changes of temperature within rooms out of the ordinary for most buildings?

I'm really curious about the method, at what point or to what degree does a change in temperature register as significant, and what do you take it to mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I always check humidity and temperature on investigations. Sure they called me mad... but I kept at.

Can't say I've ever noticed a major change in humidity in a location over the space of an evening but I find if one room has a humidity that is noticeably different to the other rooms it could account for why people might think one room feels 'different'

Advertisement