Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem

Options
  • 19-07-2008 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Ok i am looking to develope a web based application using JSP and MySql
    I want the system to be accessable trough a mobile device via a J2ME application.

I got the following from netbeans about developing the J2ME App and connecting to a web service
    http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/mobility/mobile-dilbert.html
    http://www.netbeans.org/kb/60/mobility/midp-webservices.html

What is a WSDL file?

Can i use Google Webtoolkit to design the UI for the web app if so will that prevent the web app from connecting with a J2ME application?

I know that one cant view Javascript websites through WAP is that the same for access web app with Javascript through a J2ME app?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭kevin216

access a JSP from J2me
    If you make a WAR file and deploy it to a sever
    and have this war file calling methods from your JSP prgram (or calling the methods that populate the JSP program)..
    I seen a person doing something like this. using MYeclipse(a special eclipse) and Tomcat ..putting the file on their own sever

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

XML is probably a bad approach considering alot of operators charge 2c per KB still.

I'd recommend creating a complete client in J2ME and don't serve webpages from your server. Just choose a method to pass enough data that the J2ME application can display what you need.

i.e. I did this before and used the response header to send the data back to the client.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭cyberwit

So basically Develope my Web 2.0 app with JSP but don't allow the J2ME app interact with that system only allow the Web 2.0 app send info to the J2ME app but not allow the J2ME app interact with the web 2.0 app because of cost.

I suppose i could develope where the web 2.0 app is where the person enters for instance a clients info but then allow user of the system send that info of to a J2ME app but not allow the J2ME app have any interaction with the Web 2.0 app. Am right
    sicruise wrote: »
    XML is probably a bad approach considering alot of operators charge 2c per KB still.

I'd recommend creating a complete client in J2ME and don't serve webpages from your server. Just choose a method to pass enough data that the J2ME application can display what you need.

i.e. I did this before and used the response header to send the data back to the client.

Advertisement