Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farnborough 2008

Options
  • 19-07-2008 10:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭

I didn't want to drag the RIAT 2009 thread off-topic.

@alpha2zulu,
    I got an Enthusiast Day ticket. I didn't even think about the Youth Day. It was probably booked out by the time I sorted out my trip anyway. I don't think I'll be eligible in two years. Was it good when you did it?

alpha2zulu wrote: »
    Ah it was 90% pleasure, the rest was a bit of future placement hunting!. It's much more comfortable experience on a trade day, although I did look a bit conspicuous amongst all the suits:D. Kept my AIC on standby just incase.

I was doing something similar, checking out all the different companies. There were a lot of companies I wouldn't have heard about or read about in Flight that I saw there, particularly those involved in components and materials. I wasn't handing out CVs or anything like that though. Are you still in college? Engineering or business?

There were a lot of general public around on Friday. There were a few people from Dublin over too although I wasn't talking to any of them. If anyone is planning on going in the future, the bus from Heathrow is a really great way to get to and from the show.

I was talking to someone who I think was one of the organisers (I hadn't slept in 30 hours at the time so I'm not completely sure) and he was telling me Friday is probably the best day to go because everybody in the trade is wrecked and it's much quieter than any other day. He was dreading the public days!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

What I remember most about the 2006 youth day was being able to get unlimited bottled water...a godsend when it was 34c outside! Most of the other atendees were groups of UK students that were bussed in so I kept to myself mostly. Tried to get one of the youth day tickets for this year but they had cut the numbers down alot to 700
    The display I think was better this year, mostly because of the presence of the Vulcan and the red arrows and the trade halls are enlarged this year also

The closeness to the runway that you can get plus the fact that it's only 35 min on the train from London make it a winner for me!
    Are you still in college? Engineering or business?
    Yeah i'm doing finance but i've got a few years experience in the sector so hopefully i can talk my way into a work placement for january. Wasent handing out CV's or anything either myself.EADS were the most positive of the few I chatted with...and they threw in a couple of nifty freebies:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Pure Cork

There was a very low cloud base on Friday so the Red Arrows could only do their flat display, not that I really minded. I'd never even been to an airshow before so I was easy to please.
    alpha2zulu wrote: »
    it's only 35 min on the train from London make it a winner for me!
    What train(s) did you use and how much did it cost?

Where are you studying finance? Is the work experience part of your course?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭alpha2zulu

What train(s) did you use and how much did it cost?
    South West Trains, from London Waterloo. 12.60 pounds day return and the fast trains are only 35 minutes so its a reasonable enough deal. www.nationalrail.co.uk is very handy for getting the info also. Access from Gatwick is easy too, about 1hour travelling including a change at Clapham Junction.
    Where are you studying finance? Is the work experience part of your course?

Check your PM!

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

Pm's ftw! they really do work! try it!:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement