Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone know any good hair gels?

• 19-07-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

I use dax wax the blue one when my hair is very short then when it gets a bit longer i use brylcreem the purple one, but its very annoying it doesnt really stay in place until its dried and it takes aaages to dry as you have to wet your hair b3fore you use it,
    does anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭BlueDragon

anyone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Fructis gel is ok,not a fan of gel in general though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Keune gel. go into a hairdressers and ask for it

gelutra&extraforte.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭stuckinarut

v05 texturising gum is good, doesnt dry hair rock hard like gel and can even look natural if a little amount used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭LolaLuv

Nexxus Exxtra gel! It's wonderful.

31xv9IsFLlL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-2,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Personally, I use ShockWaves One night wonder gel. Works a treat for me, and has a nice fruity smell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭weemcd

31q3auyTyLL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭SnowMonkey

id go with a good molding clay my self....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 michaelgriffin8

fructis surf hair, its class, dries quickly and looks natural

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Jack Vegas

American Crew Fibre. Technically not a gel, but a dry look wax, it's amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29 lainey84

totally agree fructis all way the spray gel is great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

JIZZLORD wrote: »
    Keune gel. go into a hairdressers and ask for it

gelutra&extraforte.gif

I love someone called Jizzlord giving a recommendation for hair gel. Puts me in mind of Cameron Diaz and Something About Mary!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

image-strong-gel.jpg

I always use this one. It's very good. Gives good hold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

image1xl.jpg

Great stuff but expensive..8 euro i think in boots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

I love someone called Jizzlord giving a recommendation for hair gel.

Ahem... it's spelled JIZZLORD. Get your facts right next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 230 ✭✭styer

I find most of the fructis range to be very good...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Jim236

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I can't seem to find a decent hair gel that will make me hair stick the way I want it.

I have fairly short hair and the style I usually go for is to have the top just flat and to stick up the fringe and bit of top around fringe. I've used Brylcreem Wet Look(blue one) which gives the wet look but it doesn't hold well, you have to put loads in for it to barely hold the style but then after it dries me hair goes rock hard and it looks....bad. I tried using the Brylcreem Strong Hold(purple one) then which held better but it didn't have the wet look I wanted.

ATM I'm using Shockwaves gel(green tube one?) and me usual routine after I get out of the shower is to dry it off and put in the gel when its towel dry and I get the style I want no bother, give it a while though and it starts to fall apart. I'd style it so that me hair is fairly 'loose', but after a while then it starts to clump together which makes me fringe look horrible, and the bit around me crown starts sticking up then as well.

Is there any gel that will keep the wet look, hold well and not clump together after a while but doesn't cost €15?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 michaelgriffin8

To be honest thats the nature of most wetlook gels like... but maybe you could try garnier. they come in the little green tubs. I find theyre quite good. I use surf hair which holds for ages but isnt wet look. try a non-wet look hair gel and see how you like it. girls prefer if sometimes cos it doesnt look greasy...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭nesbitt

'Brillantine' by Bumble and Bumble gives you sexy hair without the gunk factor. Available from Peter Mark Salons....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

American Crew Promade is a wax gel, best on the market about €14 a tub, u can get it in selected barbers/hairdressers!!!!

Advertisement