Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wolves

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I don't think people are judging here, they are trying to help you. This topic has come up many a year & like it or not, you're not getting a pure wolf. They are quite simply not here, for sale or in any other form.
    You say your breeder is a reputable man, assuming he's brought the first ever wolves into this country, has he discussed licences etc with you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nanuq

thats fair enough but i do think i know enough to take propper care of him and look after him it was just if anyone else had one and had a feew personal tips they picked up allong the way it would be helpfull thats all i wasnt loking for a heated debate

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

I give up. I'm sure you will get your Gsd /malmute cross from this breeder, treat it like a wolf & have one very screwed up dog at the end of it all.
    Please, please think about what DOG you are really getting & what it's needs will be. YOU WILL NOT GET A PURE BRED WOLF IN THIS COUNTRY. Think about how you might totally feck up a dog's life in your hope that it resembles a wolf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 nanuq

yea i know what you mean and I know he is not 100% pure thats banned in the states to it would mean you plucked them from the wild. And yes the legal keeping etc was discussed my husbnd went through all that with him my house is on nearly 2 acres of land i dont live near a city and its all securley fenced in so its not the wild but it is plenty of space for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EGAR

Attention, I am going off on a major rant. Nanuq, IF you really liked animals then you would leave well enough alone. Oh, btw, your reputable breeder wouldn't be in the Gorey region by any change? If so, then more fool to you! I am SICK AND TIRED of people who havent got a clue and those who think they know it all, to go and buy a poor unfortunate creature, be it a real hybrid or a Husky/Malamute cross. And for what? Brain size??! It doesn't do much good if your dog has more brains than you. I seldom go off on one but this is a subject very close to my heart (2 so called hybrids have just been shot near here, going after sheep and killing 22 of them). The owner is "heartbroken", and his pocket will smart for a very very long time. He too thought he did his home work - he did not listen to me and now his dogs have paid the price. Get a life and leave the dogs alone, animal welfare in this country is hard enough without ignoramuses like you contributing to it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thread locked pending mod review.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement