Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motivation!!!

Options
  • 20-07-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

hey all,
    Started weight watchers for the 10th time about 3 months ago and for the first time ever it clicked and i did really good and lost 15 pounds slow and steady in the 3 months I thought I was going great til I started back at work from maternity leave about 2 weeks ago and my whole routine has fallen apart, fundamentally I am still on it but I really am not I need motivation apart from the sick feeling that I may never lose this weight that has dogged me for ten years, now I just feel depressed and beacuse of that I cant get into that positive attitude that you need when focusing on losing weight and changing your lifstyle, please help, I am in Waterford and this has to be the last time I do this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

ishmbishm wrote: »
    please help, I am in Waterford and this has to be the last time I do this.

Why? you did not put the weight on all in one go so you dont have to lose it all in one go either. If you are just back from maternity leave you likely have a lot going on, prehaps maintain your weightloss to date for a couple of weeks and then look at losing once you settle into being back at work.

Personally I find that lack of preparation is what drags me off target when i have a schedule change. If i consistently dont have my healthy snacks and food planned out in a manner of days I will slowly be surely go completely off track

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

ishmbishm wrote: »
    I am in Waterford and this has to be the last time I do this.

what do you mean this has to be the last time you do this?

you will have to eat healthily for the rest of your life if you dont want to gain weight, so I'd get used to that fact before attempting weightwatchers, low carb or any other diet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

cance wrote: »
    you will have to eat healthily for the rest of your life if you dont want to gain weight, so I'd get used to that fact before attempting weightwatchers, low carb or any other diet.
    +1 though if a lot of change is going on maybe focus on just maintaining your weight rather than losing for a while, if nothing else it will be good practice for when you reach your ideal weight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ishmbishm

I should have been clearer when I said that when I want this to be the last time I do this I mean I want this to work, for me to change the bad habits and the unhealthy lifestyle and not find myself back to square one, I have the tools, the knowledge and the vision it's the oul will power that can desert me from time to time. Its great to get some fresh perspective and motivation and comments from others who know what I need to do to achieve the desired results.

This week started well I am getting back on track after the upheavel of getting back to work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭Beks

Always make sure you have a picture of what you were like before your weight loss to hand, so you can see what you used to be like. Then you may think twice about eating something bad and it will keep up your motivation.

Also, as you are back to work, you should pack a lunch the night before and only put into the box what you think you should eat that day. Make sure you don't go out and buy anything else.

Don't restrict yourself too much, always allow yourself a treat now and again, but don't overindulge. Only let yourself have a bit of it. Small portions are the key!

On your lunch break go for a walk or something as well. Also try to walk all or part of the way to work and back or cycle.

Try to eat dinner really early in the evening and avoid snacking at night. If you have to snack, have some fruit or popcorn or some carrots with a salsa or hummous dip instead of crisps or chocolate.

Hope that helped!

• Advertisement
Advertisement