Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Super League Licenses. D- Day Approaches

• 20-07-2008 9:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭

On Tuedsay morning the 14 licenses for next years Superleague will be announced, expanding the competition from 12 to 14 teams, ring fenced for 3 years...The contenders for the licenses are:

Hull FC
    Leeds Rhinos
    St Helens
    Warrington Wolves
    Wigan Warriors
    Bradford Bulls
    Catalans Dragons
    Harlequins
    Huddersfield Giants
    Leigh Centurions
    Salford City Reds
    Toulouse
    Widnes Vikings
    Castleford Tigers
    Celtic Crusaders
    Featherstone Rovers
    Halifax RLFC
    Hull KR
    Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Criteria for selection include; Facilities, attendance, finance, local player development, salary cap and geographical expansion.

Personally would love to see The Celtic Crusaders and Toulouse in,..a second french outfit and a welsh based team would be great for the game.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Hull FC
    Leeds Rhinos
    St Helens
    Warrington Wolves
    Wigan Warriors
    Bradford Bulls
    Catalans Dragons
    Harlequins
    Huddersfield Giants
    Leigh Centurions
    Salford City Reds
    Toulouse
    Widnes Vikings
    Castleford Tigers
    Celtic Crusaders
    Featherstone Rovers
    Halifax RLFC
    Hull KR
    Wakefield Trinity Wildcats

Would be my guess. If the powers that be want to grow the game then they'll pick the welsh and a second french side.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Salford get it over Celtic. A strong manchester based side would also be good for the league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Can't remember where, but I've heard murmurings that Leigh are looking strong. As long as the top 11 at the end of this season are still there next year I'll be happy enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Its Salford and the Crusaders..in fairness it would be really hard to say no to Salford as they are an SL club in all but name in one of the games traditional, but now neglected heartlands..Shaun McRae has done a fabulous job on them, i've seen them play twice this year and they'll definitely cut it in the top flight...

Delighted for the Crusaders too, the game is booming in Wales and this will take it to that elusive next level...V. V hard on Widnes though, and I hope they let Toulouse into NL1 for next season...

Interesting times ahead for League...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_league/7516692.stm

Advertisement