Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Zen In Ireland (Dublin specifically)

• 20-07-2008 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

Hi guys

I was wondering if anyone could let me know if there are any Zen centres or teachers in Dublin.

I have been interested in Buddhism / Meditation for a while now, and have begun meditation with one of the Tibetan lineages in a Dublin centre. I have found it very good In my travels however through this world, the one lineage or sect that resonates with me closest (intellectually) is Zen and would like to also explore this avenue.

I have looked for Zen meditation instruction or communities online, but havn't really found anything. Can any body advise?

They say to truely get anything out of practise you need a teacher.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Have you tried this: Dublin Dojo?
    Seems it is closed for the summer, though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Mervatron

maitri wrote: »
    Have you tried this: Dublin Dojo?
    Seems it is closed for the summer, though...

Hi Maitri

Yeah, I've had a look at their site. It seems to be more just a place for group zazen though, and doesn't appear to offer much in the way of instruction.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭maitri

Hi Mervatron!
    Mervatron wrote: »
    Hi Maitri

Yeah, I've had a look at their site. It seems to be more just a place for group zazen though, and doesn't appear to offer much in the way of instruction.

I see... But maybe it is a good place to look for people who know where to go to find a teacher?

Or what about the Copper Pipe Zen Group of Dublin (whatever that is)?:
    http://iriz.hanazono.ac.jp/zen_centers/centers_data/ireland.htm

Ah, here it says the Dublin Dojo has a teacher: Alain Liebmann
    (Den som leter skal finne! :) )

Good luck!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lucid365

Hi,how to get in contact with this meditation group,they don't have a contact number

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Since you have the address and contact name (listed) telephone Directory Enquires and ask for their telephone number! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 lucid365

Asiaprod wrote: »
    Since you have the address and contact name (listed) telephone Director Enquires and ask for their telephone number! :)

Good idea,thanks for that

Advertisement