Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fingal Airsoft - Operation: Watch Tower

Options
  • 20-07-2008 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭

The lads at Fingal Airsoft have a Vietnam theme event coming up and asked for it to be announced, sounds like it's gonna be good;
    Operation: Watch Tower......The Nam Experience!
    On July 30, 1968 Naval Assault Flotilla One unloaded second brigade Soldiers into the area. Less than half an hour after they disembarked one U.S. Commander discovered a cache featuring assorted enemy firearms, medical supplies, and documents "… you name it and it was there," said one infantry platoon leader. It got so bad that the men didn’t want to find any more because it meant they had to carry it back to the boats,"

And that was the way it was for the entire 10 day operation, contact with enemy was frequent. One enemy cache after another. One large body count after another, and incredibly, not one U.S. soldier was killed.
    Until the last night of operations .... when it all went terribly wrong.

Day 9,

The Last night of the operation.

The Battle for the caches in U- MINH centers on a large mission in which the Americans deploy 3,000 men to raze the famous U-minh forest, a thick maze of jungle where there are suspected large enemy weapons stores.
    The mission for the Americans is to destroy or capture these caches....for the Vietnamese, repel the invading forces by any means necessary.

Event details.

Operation: Watch Tower
    The Nam Experience!
    This event is a night operations event combining Airsoft with a Vietnam timeline.
    Things to bring with you!

What you must have to play

• Camping gear
    • Food/Water (bring snacks for the night games)
    • Vietnam Uniform If you can’t manage to get these in the time frame come with up with something as close as you can get it!
    • Airsoft equipment (Vietnam era AEG and sidearm if possible, spare batteries, a torch* and glow stick* red for VC and green for G.I.’s, also a full face mask*)
    • Change of clothes if it gets wet.

Arrive on site Saturday evening 9th of August at 9:00pm and no later than 9:30pm for registration, briefing and to prepare for battle.
    The experience will kick off around 10:00pm and finish around 3am Sunday morning then it will be a few beers and craic around the fire if you have any energy left![/size][/FONT]
    Games start on Sunday morning at 10am and finish at 6pm.
    Prices:
    Saturday night ops and all day Sunday €45.00
    Limited places for the night Ops!!
    We will provide power for charging your batteries.
    You must register for this event by emailing bookings@fingalairsoft.com or by calling into Fingal Airsoft skirmish site on any of our game days before or on August 9th.
    Please read our rules and regulations on our website and download the waiver and sign it and bring it with you.
    We hope you enjoy our night operations at Fingal Airsoft.

Bren.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

good luck looks like it will be a good event, trying to see if i can get down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiuzWaXQ-xI

May I suggest red and blue glow sticks if they are to be used, I know I will struggle to tell the difference between green and red tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Tommyboy71

Damnit. Too soon after Predator. Ah well, I will get to play that site at some stage. I have heard great things about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭joeyf

go to Youtube and check out (Fingal Airsoft Pictures)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭FingalAirsoft

Hi Guys,

There is strong interest in this event, so it would be great if those who would like to attend place their names here.

Name:
    Team if any:
    V.C. or GI:

Nice and simple:D

Regards,
    Bren

P.S. Could you then pm me your phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭Mrs MaxForce

good luck with your event bren hope it goes well
    regards martin and evelyn

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

sounds deadly bren, I hope to be there myself and will see if any of the rest of the team are game too., :)

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭A.T.F

The Airsoft Tactical Force will be there :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Really hoping I can attend this. Will confirm a little later if I can.

Name: Gandalf aka Paul.
    Team if any: Zimmerframes
    V.C. or GI: GI

Now to decide if I wear OD'd or Tigerstripe. (hopefully the Vietnam webbing I have ebayed comes on time and fits!).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

Crap i'm not gonna be available for this one,i'll be in no condition for it.. maybe next time :(

• Advertisement

Here's a cool link for Nam gear and WWII gear;)
    http://www.zeugmeisterei.com/cms/en/index.php?pageid=188&nr=95cd6a9f408846a807e6b59a4c89e679

Check it out good price's.:D:D:D

Bren

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

Name: Pete
    Team: Viper Squad
    V.C. or G.I.: V.C.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭whydave

name : David
    Team : The Contractors
    VC or Gi :.......... freedom fighter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Jay TLR

Name: Jay
    Team: Viper Squad
    V.C. or G.I.: V.C.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Name: Richard
    Team: The Contractors
    VC or GI: VC

A.T.F can you let me know how many in your squad will be attending??

Thanks,

Bren

Night time light/artificial illumination:
    Items that cause artificial illumination such as flashlights are a catch 22, because while it enables you to see, it also means that you are lit up like a Christmas tree. Believe it or not, if there is a full moon out and/or there are stars in the sky, you can have quite a bit of natural light.

Camouflaging yourself in the night:
    When there is a lot of light (especially if it's natural) you need to make sure that you do not silhouette yourself and to find the natural dark spots. I cannot stress the silhouette issue enough. If you look like a person, your enemy is probably going to shoot at you, but if you look like a bush, people are going to be less likely to 1.) Shoot at you and 2.) Think that you are a person.
    Always keep in mind that your opponent is looking for anything that resembles a person. You need to make that job of theirs as difficult as possible. Another thing to be careful about is if you are up somewhere high and you poke your head out and start looking around people are going to notice you easier than they would if you were on lower ground. For that reason, I try to stick to the lower elevations as much as possible.

I found this on the net a few months ago but I've lost the link.... so all credit to the guy who posted this first:cool:

Bren

Movement:
    When you are moving around whether you think somebody can see you or not, always stay down in at least a crouched position. You won't believe how many times this has saved me (and it will save you too.) Another key is to make your movements as small and natural as possible unless you absolutely have to get somewhere. On a side note, remember to avoid getting tunnel vision.
    Weapons:
    At night, it is also recommended that you carry compact weapons not only because they are easy to maneuver, but they also reduce the risk of you being spotted. For example, what are you going to notice more, a person who swings their G36 or MP5 around in a bush or someone who does the same action with a longer rifle such as an M14. The only time when you should not try and carry compact weapons is if you are a sniper.

Staying calm:
    During night ops, I have personally witnessed players that are more jumpy than they would be during a daytime war. This also means that if they are the slightest bit suspicious of something or someone being around they are going to shoot at whatever that thing is. Before they do this however, they will carefully keep an eye on what is making them suspicious. When this happens, don't move! Even if you think that you have been spotted you may not have. For you new guys you can ask any veteran about how much discipline it takes to stay still even when you think you have been spotted. On the same token, if you stay hidden instead of booking it you can create a chance for yourself to turn the tables and hunt down your enemy instead of being the hunted.
    Things that can give you away:
    There are some things that can end up giving you away. One of those is things that shine. There are and can be quite a few things in your kit that will shine and give away your position such as a barrel that the moon can shine off on. Trust me; the opposition will notice a shiny barrel in a bush. To solve this problem, you can color it with a sharpie, use electrical tape, paint, etc. Another thing that can and will give you away is noises. The noises made by a human are very distinct. Footsteps can and will go unheard, but the sloshing of water in a canteen or the rattle of bb's will give away your position easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Name: Lemming
    Team if any: Zimmerframes
    V.C. or GI: These are great days we're living bros! We're jolly green giants walking the earth. With guns! :pac:

(that'll be GI for anyone who doesn't get the Full-Metal Jacket reference)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I'll be definitely heading to this. Any idea on numbers?

• Advertisement

gandalf wrote: »
    I'll be definitely heading to this. Any idea on numbers?

So far 18 confirmed and counting...;)

Bren

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Name Andy
    Team IDF (not up and running yet)
    def gi ( idf od is almost the same as us gi from that era,
    Night vision and m249 ready and waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭daz801

if you dont have a vietnam era gun can you use a modern 1

What have you got??

a g36c so its way out of the time period
    i

Maybe you could cut that horrible looking handle off:D

Im sure if its all you have they will be fine maybe someone has a spare m16
    If I get my SR16 rewired and a new metal case in time you can use it

thanks but im not definatly sure if i can go yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭VIPERSQUAD-Andy

The Last nite ops was brilliant loved every min of it, count me in.
    Watchtower is going to be class and as always the lads never fail to impress!
    Definitely not going to miss this 1.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭VIPERSQUAD-Andy

Name : Andy
    Team : Viper Squad
    VC or GI : VC

;)

• Advertisement

The Last nite ops was brilliant loved every min of it, count me in.
    Watchtower is going to be class and as always the lads never fail to impress!
    Definitely not going to miss this 1.:D

I knew you'd be back for some more night ops:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Bren

Advertisement