Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone living out greystones way?

Options
  • 20-07-2008 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭

Anyone out greystones way fancy a short spin this afternoon? Just want to get out and stretch the legs for maybe an hour or 2.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Pitty I didn't read this yesterday morning - would of met you.
    Went on my tolberone....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭zzzzzzzz

Yeah - me too. Was only out for an hour though - had to get back to see the last hour of the tour!

Another time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

From Greystones myself but I've only started getting into cycling. Don't suppose either of you could recommend any decent routes? I generally cycle up the new charlesland road up to Kilpedder and then back to greystones and head along the seafront but that only takes a measly 30 mins or so and I'm looking for a longer route

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭BUACHAILL

I live in wicklow town and am trying to increase my distances,fitness etc as I am only getting into it.I would happily meet some evenings for a spin if you wish

One that I do fairly regularly would be out to newcastle and then back via the N11. There's a turn off just before you get in to Newcastle village that takes you up a hill past a church to Newtown Mt. Kennedy & Back to the N11.

Either take that turn or go on to rathnew and then turn back on to the N11.

• Advertisement

Yeah - maybe organise a spin next week? Tuesday or Thursday evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭Eoin D

One that I do fairly regularly would be out to newcastle and then back via the N11. There's a turn off just before you get in to Newcastle village that takes you up a hill past a church to Newtown Mt. Kennedy & Back to the N11.

Either take that turn or go on to rathnew and then turn back on to the N11.

Nice route, cycled that this morning. Was pretty relaxing once I got past kilcoole because there was very little traffic but I nearly got killed coming back into Greystones off the N11.

Was going around the roundabout and some gob****e didn't realise how fast I was going, he tried to cut in front of me and take the upramp onto the N11 but by the time he slowed down and went to turn I was right on top of him, ended up having to swerve to avoid him and I went flying up onto the curb. I stood there shouting and waving my fist for some time before heading off again.

Pleasant none the less!

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭ChickenBalls

Always wondered what was up that right turn at Newcastle - thansk might try it out.

I usually go from greystones to rathnew and back the same way.
    Not sure I'd go the N11 - prefer less traveled roads.

Advertisement