Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do fat people ALWAYS ruin the buzz?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭wordcount

Was it your girlfriends house?

If yes, then it gives even more credence to my argument that it was your girlfriend rather that the other girl who did not want you there.

Listen from my experience of women, if they really want you there you get to stay:). If they dont its the fatties fault.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Smyth

well, I know you're taking the piss about the "fat" thing.

Apart from that, I have know people like that in the past. Tbh, if she's constantly texting you, going out with you and your woman, asking you to hurry up and you're trying to make a long distance relationship work..she needs to back the fork off.

If you hardly see your woman, tell her to take fatty out when you're not about and when you come down, make it just you two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Beau x1

copacetic wrote: »
    mmmm, not to question your definiton of 'getting it on' but in my day it didn't include cuddle wuddles. You need to sort yourself out man, in the first post I thought you were a dick but at least you wear manning up. Now I'm just let down.
    I meant I wasn't screwing her when your one came up to talk to her, and it wasn't really about not blowing my load - it was about her company that I couldn't have. I was still getting my bit though, sorry - explained that last post incorrectly.

Smyth wrote: »
    well, I know you're taking the piss about the "fat" thing.

Apart from that, I have know people like that in the past. Tbh, if she's constantly texting you, going out with you and your woman, asking you to hurry up and you're trying to make a long distance relationship work..she needs to back the fork off.

If you hardly see your woman, tell her to take fatty out when you're not about and when you come down, make it just you two.
    See this is what annoyed me, they spent 4 days together in [a recent well known festival] and basically all of the 2 weeks she's been here together. She's been out with her loads, but she still won't get off my back, yknow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

would it not have been cheaper to get a hotel/b&b for the night :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Beau x1 wrote: »
    I meant I wasn't screwing her when your one came up to talk to her, and it wasn't really about not blowing my load - it was about her company that I couldn't have. I was still getting my bit though, sorry - explained that last post incorrectly.

How old are you?

You seem very immature.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

How old are you?

You seem very immature.
    i agree,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭beautiation

wordcount wrote: »
    You have such an inmature attitude about the human condition. You assume that fat people (physical defect) have personal defects. Get a life. Another thing that can ruin things, is being a complete immature muppet.

No. This thing here, /, means one or the other, I said physical/personality defects, meaning each thing in the group is only one of those things. I wasn't saying being fat is a personality defect. And we can pussyfoot around it all ya want, but the fact is a lot of large people don't get much love or respect in the world and aren't very happy because of it. So there is a potential ax to grind there. It's only a minority, but it sounds like this girl has a classic case of it judging by her hysteria.

How old are you?

You seem very immature.
    How is favouring company over sex immature? The fact you called me out on that makes me believe that you are the one lacking maturity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How is favouring company over sex immature? The fact you called me out on that makes me believe that you are the one lacking maturity.

Clearly, my mistake.

Carry on.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

No. This thing here, /, means one or the other, I said physical/personality defects, meaning each thing in the group is only one of those things. I wasn't saying being fat is a personality defect. And we can pussyfoot around it all ya want, but the fact is a lot of large people don't get much love or respect in the world and aren't very happy because of it. So there is a potential ax to grind there. It's only a minority, but it sounds like this girl has a classic case of it judging by her hysteria.

And what are you basing this on? The media? Seriously, grow up, will you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,167 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Fact of life lads, every good looking girl has a minger friend who is determined to make sure that NO-ONE is getting any ! Like in the song on page one lads, you need a good wingman (I have known some legends who were their own wingmen) ! Seriously though get over yourself, its the other girls house she doesn't want to be clearing millions of your potential children off the sheets the next morning. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion, when you have your own house one day you will understand. If you didn't sort it out with her in advance then you really have no cause for complaint whether you are a stranger or not.

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    And what are you basing this on? The media? Seriously, grow up, will you?

Oh c'mon now, don't be silly. Being fat can be quite a hindrance romantically, there's absolutely no doubt about that. You've got your head in the sand if you think otherwise.

Oh c'mon now, don't be silly. Being fat can be quite a hindrance romantically, there's absolutely no doubt about that. You've got your head in the sand if you think otherwise.

Ehhhh???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

So I just play it cool, and my gf and her go up to the room my girlfriend was staying over in. We're getting it on, until her fat bitch of a friend comes raging up the stairs demanding she talks to her.

Chances are you pi$$ed yourself laughing at her trying to run up the stairs, I know I would have, and that's why she kicked you out. I wouldn't worry about it most fat people don't have feelings, they tend to eat them along with all the pies!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

OP it's usually because fatties often have 'issues' the size of their waistband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fat people are right to despise you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

so you gf invites you to someone elses house and its the fat bishs fault?
    Took the girlfriend out for dinner last night, she assured me it would be OK no worries to go back to her mates house where she was sleeping over anyway (free gaff, as in no parents there etc) for the night, who I am also casual friends with.

We get a taxi from town to where her friend lives, which is only about €15 so no worries. A taxi from where we eating dinner to my house costs about €75 (keep in mind, normally I use public transport but at 1AM its obviously not under operation).
    So we arrive at the house and we both go in, we sit down watch the TV together and her mates like WHY COULDN'T YOU GO HOME?! and all this bull****.

So I just play it cool, and my gf and her go up to the room my girlfriend was staying over in. We're getting it on, until her fat bitch of a friend comes raging up the stairs demanding she talks to her. I know what this is all about, so I tell my girlfriend that I should just leave now, yet she encourages me to stay. Her mate then again, DEMANDS she talks to her. So we come out of the room, and when she sees me she rushes down the stairs.

I leave the house and say goodbye to my girlfriend, but all in all I'm quite shocked that your one couldn't just confront me about it and say "listen, I hate to ruin the buzz and all but I can't have you here tonight for X reason" (even though there actually is no reason other than she's jealous).

I know its her house and all that but we always try to include her when we go out and not make her feel like a third wheel and tbh I'm just finding it unbelieveable that I had to be silently kicked out without a friendly explanation for about an hour at 1AM in a part of town that I had no idea where I was to get a taxi back to another county costing me almost €100.

Needless to say the girlfriend wasn't too happy about the situation.

God damnit. I'm just ranting here. Anyone have similar experiences?

Fatness should not be assumed to mean a personality defect. If you are saying that all of us have the potential to have personality defects for one reason or another thats fine.

Wha kind of girlfriend would throw you out in a cirucmstance like that? Brings you to a house where she probably knew it was risky re you staying. Brings you up to the room, gives you a little hows your father, and then sends you packing paying 100 quid to get a taxi??

Sorry bud but this is not the fatties fault.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

I concur! Its like being asked for help by a beautiful lady and another on the larger side of life. The majority of people would go out of the way for the more attractive lady ...FACT!!

Wha kind of girlfriend would throw you out in a cirucmstance like that? Brings you to a house where she probably knew it was risky re you staying. Brings you up to the room, gives you a little hows your father, and then sends you packing paying 100 quid to get a taxi??

Sorry bud but this is not the fatties fault.
    See, the thing is my girlfriend couldn't really do anything about it. She strongly told me to just stay anyway, but I wasn't going to do that as I had respect for fatties desires (in this scenario, anyway).

I can't put my girlfriend to blame either since she's good friends with your one, and she genuinely thought she'd understand and be cool with it.

Guess not though. Either way I won't be doing fatty any favours in the near future.

Sols12 wrote: »
    I concur! Its like being asked for help by a beautiful lady and another on the larger side of life. The majority of people would go out of the way for the more attractive lady ...FACT!!

Absolutly not a fact I am afraid, if someone is aking me for help I look at the suituation first not the person, I would go out of my way based on the suituation not how fat a person is. Jesus there is a lot of silly little boys on here.

As you get a little older you realise that beauty is not really relivent when it comes to personality. i know that sounds like a cliche but its a fact. I have gone out with some beautiful women (Big head) and some of em were complete fd up aholes. I certainly would not think twice about helping a beautiful woman because she is beautiful.

When your young I suppose you can be duped by physical beauty. ( Im in my early thirties)

See, the thing is my girlfriend couldn't really do anything about it. She strongly told me to just stay anyway, but I wasn't going to do that as I had respect for fatties desires (in this scenario, anyway).

I can't put my girlfriend to blame either since she's good friends with your one, and she genuinely thought she'd understand and be cool with it.

Guess not though. Either way I won't be doing fatty any favours in the near future.

See it that way if you like, I have my doubts thats all I am saying.

And was there any particular reason the fattie wanted you out??

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Sols12

Absolutly not a fact I am afraid, if someone is aking me for help I look at the suituation first not the person, I would go out of my way based on the suituation not how fat a person is. Jesus there is a lot of silly little boys on here.

You obviously have problems reading what i said! I didnt say ALL people would act like this i said the MAJORITY of people would. Studies have proven this! Jesus there is alot of people who have problems reading on here!

Fatness should not be assumed to mean a personality defect. If you are saying that all of us have the potential to have personality defects for one reason or another thats fine.

Again, that's not what I'm saying. Read the post.

Moonbaby wrote: »
    Ehhhh???

What? Fat people aren't as attractive, so their romantic prospects suffer accordingly. Quite simple. Which is not to say they can't find love and be happy, but for a lot of them, it's an issue. Even in this case the OP has confirmed that this girl suffers from loneliness because of it.

As you get a little older you realise that beauty is not really relivent when it comes to personality. i know that sounds like a cliche but its a fact. I have gone out with some beautiful women (Big head) and some of em were complete fd up aholes. I certainly would not think twice about helping a beautiful woman because she is beautiful.

When your young I suppose you can be duped by physical beauty. ( Im in my early thirties)

Well yeah, some people are nice, some not so much. Applies to both fat and thin. But important as personality is, good looks matter too, so of course fat people are going to struggle relative to normal sized people. If there's 2 nice intelligent girls I like, and one's fat and one's normal, I'm going with the normal one and the vast majority of the population would do the same. There's nothing about being duped in that, unless you're arguing that being fat makes you a nicer person than normal people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

This thread is great,the only problem is figuring out who to insult. *thinks* you're all wrong! Hard luck op,chin up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

The thread title is very trolltastic - the OP was only trying to stir up sh1t and anyone who engaged in pandering to him should have had some cop-on and spotted that (beautiation - I'm looking at you). There is one mention of fat in the opening post - and it's merely to charmingly describe the friend as a "fat bitch". How this has any relevance to the thread title - "Why do fat people ALWAYS ruin the buzz?" - is beyond me.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement