Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

deerpark motors dublin

Options
  • 20-07-2008 2:14pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭

i want to know what this company is like. are they good to deal with etc. also whats the easiest way to get to them from the airport. im from cork you see.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

i want to know what this company is like. are they good to deal with etc. also whats the easiest way to get to them from the airport. im from cork you see.

if its the one i think it is , there in mount merian , i bought a jeep of them 3 yrs ago , they were fine to deal with , its a small used car garrage with a very eclectic mix of vechiles , they especially focus on high powered cars with a bit of class , saw a ferrari or two while there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

irish_bob wrote: »
    if its the one i think it is , there in mount merian , i bought a jeep of them 3 yrs ago , they were fine to deal with , its a small used car garrage with a very eclectic mix of vechiles , they especially focus on high powered cars with a bit of class , saw a ferrari or two while there

ya thats the crowd alrite. are there cars true ie there not clocked etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I wouldn't assume anything. They're an ok crowd to talk to, stock varies from a super Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 right down to some real Arfur Daley muck. It's the old story, if you don't verify a documented service history then you'll never know. Personally, unless there's something really special about this particular car, i'd buy privately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

ok heres the car what re ur opinions on it. its not for me by the way its for my brother starting off. hes 17.
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Peugeot/307/1.4-16V/1137387/

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

I wouldn't be mad on 307's, for a 17 year old, probably on a limited budget, reliability is important. at least the 307 is safe though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I have heard stories of clocking occurring in all types of dealership, including main dealers so if you are buying a car always bring someone qualified with you to inspect it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

they have always made a good offer for what I or the person I was with was trying to buy and have interesting stock - however, one car had had the speedo changed and the A8 they have there has the wrong front on it, so keep your eyes peeled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

I bought my car from them and found them great. Gave a great price and did plenty of work to the car before I picked it up. My 1 warranty issue was dealt with really well too. I would go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Try1ng

I boughet from them a couple of years ago, not to bad, good price, no nct on thecar and they covered the new tyre that was needed (but after a bit of discussion), saying that I'd purchase from them again for the right car/price.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

I checked out a car there a few years ago and was less then impressed. The guy tossed the keys to me from across the room and didn't come out to have a look at what I was looking to trade in. The car was quite tatty, but just needed a good clean - something it clearly hadn't had in a while. He never bothered coming out, so I just tossed the keys back to him when I was done and left.

Not a horror story by any means, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to look at a car he had in stock again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭blackbox

I tried to buy a performance car from them about 18 months ago.

Called in to see them and was told starter motor was out for repairs, back next week. Left name and number so I could have a test drive. I wasn't trading in anything, so you'd think they would have been interested.

No phone calls, but I was keen so I dropped in a week later - same story.

Still no calls - dropped in again (maybe after 2 weeks) to be told car was sold.

Draw your own conclusions.

Advertisement