Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some pictures I took recently

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭Lepidoptera

keps wrote: »
    I'm kinda fond of this black headed gull- as it is my first ever 'find' of a ringed bird - my new friend J1N4

And the great 'thanks' and feedback from Euring was amazing. The bird's trips back and forth to Oslo would put Ryanair to shame!( See post 7645)

I am becoming fond of this fellow and his travels as well thanks to your pictures and info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭keps

Hoping for some food!

28220232542_821c322db3_b.jpgmoorhen

Nettle bed which I put in during the Spring. Corncrake calling in it, singing his little heart out.

Second corncrake calling from my Iris/hogweed cover patch.
    They are both late arriving but very pleased to have them.:)

Brilliant news Capercaillie- maith an fear thú!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭splish

Twiggy Mullein Verbascum virgatum

21245574760_b2e89fff83_c.jpgTwiggy Mullein Verbascum virgatum by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

Bronze Shieldbug Troilus luridus early instar nymph

27730285194_6bb5dab629_c.jpgBronze Shieldbug (Troilus luridus) early instar nymph by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

28091925560_91fcafb1c4_b.jpgBlack Guillemot by Brian, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Second corncrake calling from my Iris/hogweed cover patch.
    They are both late arriving but very pleased to have them.:)

Fair bloody play to ya with that, it looks very well. Do you get anything for doing that?

I remember the digger pics and the muck, alot of work! It took a good bit of time just to read what you were doing! I was sitting here saying "jaysus"

I see you have done it for a few years, only noticed cuz I clicked wrong old account looking for digger pics, took ages to find then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2055338830

Keps has over a thousand posts in here now, well done keep it up. All of ye. Probably my favourite thread on Boards.

Tachinid fly Dexiosoma caninum

27746109144_0f5f120b82_c.jpgDexiosoma caninum by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=2055338830

Keps has over a thousand posts in here now, well done keep it up. All of ye. Probably my favourite thread on Boards.

Haha - can hardly believe that:eek:- maybe there is somebody else posting under my name:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Capercaillie

Fair bloody play to ya with that, it looks very well. Do you get anything for doing that?

Get grant from NPWS. Spend it all on improving habitat for corncrake, also doing a bit of work on Twite.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

28397828455_1520c06b53_b.jpgKittiwakes by Brian, on Flickr

Picture taken under NPWS license.

Kittiwakes by Brian, on Flickr

Picture taken under NPWS license.
    How are your kittiwakes doing. On Saltees at weekend and saw hardly any young kittiwake. Maybe most have fledged and have flown out to sea to escape GBBG?

How are your kittiwakes doing. On Saltees at weekend and saw hardly any young kittiwake. Maybe most have fledged and have flown out to sea to escape GBBG?

We should have our first fledgling at the end of the week and I think we're later than most, so hopefully Saltee fledged a few! Ours have been hammered badly by GBBGs tbh. Those that weren't predated are doing fine in terms of food etc it seems!

We should have our first fledgling at the end of the week and I think we're later than most, so hopefully Saltee fledged a few! Ours have been hammered badly by GBBGs tbh. Those that weren't predated are doing fine in terms of food etc it seems!
    Saw plenty of kittiwake sitting on empty ledges. Do parents follow the chicks out to sea or are they left go themselves?

Saw plenty of kittiwake sitting on empty ledges. Do parents follow the chicks out to sea or are they left go themselves?

Ours hang around for a bit - have a loose association with the island for a while and then move off, But I think at least one of the parents hangs around with them for the first while. I've seen adults sitting on a lot of our predated nests, so I'd say that's a strong possibility.

Common Figwort Scrophularia nodosa

19433095113_b4247a1eec_c.jpgCommon Figwort Scrophularia nodosa by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Nightforce 65X55

392198.jpg

392199.jpg

392200.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,456 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Yesterday in Donegal.

[392226.jpg

Mirid bugs Dicyphus epilobii & Macrolophus rubi

27746159153_7f40bb8767_c.jpgDicyphus epilobii by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

28128680820_bb87fd0890_c.jpgMacrolophus rubi by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

Missing my old stomping ground in Lucan/Leixlip but slowly adjusting to the Dodder Walk (saw my first Dodder Kingfisher today).

Anyway just a heron photo today:)

28360738571_e5098eec86_b.jpggrey heron

• Advertisement

28360955461_b910fed52e_b.jpgCommon Tern by Brian, on Flickr

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Bsal

@OpenYourEyes You must of had a great view from Rockabill of the lightning out in the Irish sea Wednesday morning, did you get any photos?

Nepa cinerea (Water Scorpion), a predacious water bug from local quarry

27795994683_be9cb6c613_c.jpgNepa cinerea by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

Tachinid fly Eriothrix rufomaculata

27746100694_15e4bf4c0c_c.jpgEriothrix rufomaculata by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

Bsal wrote: »
    @OpenYourEyes You must of had a great view from Rockabill of the lightning out in the Irish sea Wednesday morning, did you get any photos?

Unfortunately not! Tend to stay inside when there's thunder or rain or anything like that, for the chicks sake!

From the farm (hay meadows)
    5f2bd0.jpg
    Wild thyme
    359y347.jpg
    Red clover
    huko48.jpg
    yellow rattle
    73mfdl.jpg
    wild carrot
    34qk6fn.jpg
    Ox-eye daisy
    205ea81.jpg
    Marsh orchid
    2rehy4j.jpg
    Meadow buttercup

From the fen:
    2lsehr5.jpg
    Bog pimpernel
    9ulm3o.jpg
    Purple loosestrife

• Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Hotei

The 'Oxeye daisy' looks like Camomile (it's quite short in height, and oxeye foliage wouldn't be feathery).

Hotei wrote: »
    The 'Oxeye daisy' looks like Camomile (it's quite short in height, and oxeye foliage wouldn't be feathery).

Great thanks! A new flower species for the farm

Greater Bird's-foot-trefoil Lotus pedunculatus

27877415913_b82c961b6b_c.jpgGreater Bird's-foot-trefoil Lotus pedunculatus by Ciarán Byrne, on Flickr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭F.R.

Common Green Shieldbug/Palomena prasina
    Garden%2BFlowers%2B2016%2BGSB%2BUnid%2B186a.JPG
    Nymph
    Garden%2BFlowers%2B2016%2BInstar%2B031.JPG

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement