Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bichon Frise Owners

Options
  • 20-07-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I have two bichon frise pups, a ten month old bitch & a 9 month old dog.....my problem is they tend to throw up a bit sometimes.....I just need to know if this is a common problem with this breed or is it wat Im feedsing them. The vet said it was there way of cleaning out their system if they had eaten sumthing....like from the floor or outside.....just wanted to see if any other owners expeirenced this??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Don't have a bichon frise but with alot of dogs this is the case. Most will chow down on some grass to make themselves vomit if they have eaten something dodgy. As long as its not very often and there is no blood in the vomit which would need to get checked out by a vet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

If they are throwing up regularly you should take them to the vet, especially if they have diarrhea with it. Also, what do you feed them? Their food may not "agree" with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭LisaO

Could it be the volume of food? Small dogs often cope better with several small meals a day, rather than one large one because their stomachs are smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 mand123

I am a owner of a Bichon and I find that she doesnt eat alot at all and if she is sick its usually because shes over eaten. I had to start regulating her meals because when I left the food down all day she would either gorge or just tip away at it. So once in the morning and once at around 4 pm. My Bichon is quite fussy about what I feed her, once I thought it would be nice to change her food and give her some tinned meat for a change. Man did I regret it she got a bad case of gastro had to take her to the vet she wouldnt move for at least a week and yelped with the pain every time she moved.

I do find she eats grass when shes going to be sick but it doesnt happen that often since ive changed her eating schedule. My vet did say they have small stomachs and big eyes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shortips

It seems there's a problem with the food, but i think you should ask a vet.;)

Free Tips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

hi i have a 10 month old bichon and he throws up sometimes usually after eating grass or such

Advertisement