Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

rear turn signal lights in tail lights from USA

Options
  • 20-07-2008 3:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hello,

I am planning to buy set of tail lights from USA but I think they have red rear turn signal lights. Are they ok to use here? Or do they need to be in orange?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Check the NCT manual on their site.

They must be orange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This was brought up not too long ago.

They have to be orange, although you could modify the wiring so that the reverse lights are the indicators. As for the reverse light, you can get one of those screw-on reverse lights that go onto the bottom of the bumper.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

Or else pass the NCt on the old ones then pop in the new ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

Or else pass the NCt on the old ones then pop in the new ones.

Tutt, tutt! I think there is a bulb you can get that makes red lenses orange once lit? Could be a special type of lens too though, or maybe I just imagined it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭aravan

The red light that flashes on the back of a yank is also the brake light.
    The only way around it is putting on a seperate pair of amber lights and powering them from the front ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,318 ✭✭✭✭Esel

aravan wrote: »
    The only way around it is putting on a seperate pair of amber lights and powering them from the front ones.
    Did you read Max Damage's post?

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 tytlak

That's the lights I am planning to buy. I have noticed there is a white light on the corners so I can insert an orange bulb and everything should be ok.

And definitely I install them after nct ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280247729260&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Btw are smoke tail lights fine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Most USDM (American-spec.) Japanese cars have orange indicators, same as here, so you may not have to modify any of the lights at all.

Advertisement