Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Arriving at the test centre on crutches

Options
  • 20-07-2008 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Sliced open my foot last wednesday and am now on crutches due to the 5 stiches on the bottom of it. Have a test on tuesday which I'm doing in an automatic anyway. But I'm being told that they can fail me on the spot as I've not disclosed this 'disability'. I think it's BS! Or am I crazy that arriving on crutches will be no problem to completing my test?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

With a note from the doc you can reschedule the test and you'll be given priority

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭diegowhite

I don't want to reschedule the test (waiting long enough) - There's nothing that will physically stop me from performing the test (only need the 1 foot for the automatic)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

diegowhite wrote: »
    I don't want to reschedule the test (waiting long enough) - There's nothing that will physically stop me from performing the test (only need the 1 foot for the automatic)

do you have a note from your doctor saying your fit to drive? I can't see them stopping you from taking the test if you do....I could be wrong thou.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

OP be careful driving anywhere while injured. Your insurance may not cover you due to the injury. Especially if you are bandaged at all. To be safe just get a letter from the doctor saying you are fit to drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Don't even attempt it. Driving while 'unfit' is a penalty point offence and I'd imagine that you have a snowball's chance in hell of being brought out on the test even if it is in an auto.

• Advertisement

so you saying don't even attempt it with a doctors note? Or should I just suffer the pain on the day and walk on it and not tell them anything? Ta for all the responses thus far

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

so you saying don't even attempt it with a doctors note? Or should I just suffer the pain on the day and walk on it and not tell them anything? Ta for all the responses thus far

if you have a doctors note saying you are fit to drive than that should be ok. The note means you are fit to drive. I would ring the test centre and explain you are on crutches but have been declared fit to drive.

Has your doctor said you are fit to drive and given you a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭pa990

i presume the OP has injured his left foot

If so, how will he apple the handbrake ? or whatever they call it in an auto

operate the handbrake with your hand, as normal. got a doctors note today to say i am fit to attend the test, they better be happy with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

so what happened? did you pass?

• Advertisement

Hobbled into the centre, attempted to show him the doctors note but didn't want to see it. No issues at all, passed the test no problemos :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Sparxx

Wow, fair play....

I've mine at the end of August.

Second time doing it, i'm so scared I'll fail because since the rule on Learner drivers came in I haven't been driving so I'm outta practise!! I miss my car so much!:(

That was 4th time luckY :)
    Apply for another one or two and send in letters from your work (if possible) to speed them up. You can apply for as many tests as you like at once so might have tests with a week between them putting less pressure on you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Hobbled into the centre, attempted to show him the doctors note but didn't want to see it. No issues at all, passed the test no problemos :D
    Cogratulations! :D

Murphy's Law etc. - if you didn't have the letter, they would probably have requested one! :rolleyes:

Advertisement