Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you Make Mobile broadband Wireless

Options
  • 20-07-2008 4:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭

Has anyone any ideas on a way to make 3 mobile broadband wireless. i.e. connect a wifi enabled device to it. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

There are wifi routers that work with the mobile broadband modems. Don't know of any myself but they've been posted up a few times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭Tefral

there is a way you can do it with static ip address's as i was looking into this myself, ended up just buying the 20meg broadband from NTL so i cant go into the specifics of it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

i'm using a mobile broadband modem as well (O2), would i be right in thinking if you wanted to make it wireless, you would need to use something like a cable/DSL routers, via the Ethernet port, compared to ADSL router if using a phone line, ie, eircom

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

You need a mobile router thats compatible with your device

• Registered Users Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Mentioned a few times before, Dovado. Check their compatibility list to see if your modem is on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Dovado, Netgear, Linksys, Dlink and about 3 others. Google is your helper on this.

Make sure your actual Modem is supported as the drivers are "built in" you can't install a driver, unless you use the Linksys, OpenWRt and are very very expert and have the MIPS driver source (the PC driver even with NDIS Linux wrapper trick won't work).

But it's not Broadband.

Digiweb Mobile can be ordered with a WiFi Router and over 80% of customers do.

Do ensure you have used WPA encryption with a long random pass key with UPPERCASE, lowercase and num63r5, but not real words at all or real words L1k3 th353

Advertisement