Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No college interest!

Options
  • 20-07-2008 5:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 606 ✭✭✭

Has anyone ever applied to college and not been interested in actually taking up the course when offered?? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭DenMan

It would depend on the circumstances. I would imagine anyone applying for courses would want to have an idea as to what they would like to do. Having a genuine interest in the field, meeting the lecturers etc. They are all factors that have to be taken into consideration prior to applying. If you had a genuine interest then you would want to follow it through and see it out to the end. If your circumstances changed then you would have reason to cancel at the last minute. Anything other than that I would say no. Unless of course you felt the course was completely unsuitable to you and felt you wouldn't be challenged, then again you wouldn't have applied for it in the first place. Maybe someone might have lost interest. Are you having second thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

I know a girl who got much lower points than expected in her leaving
    and ended up getting her sixth choice in the CAO.

Needless to say she wasn't the least bit interested in doing it and only
    had it there as a "filler" course to fill up the CAO form.

She dropped out after repeating 2nd year. What a bloddy waste of time
    and her parents money.

Advertisement