Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disturbances in the Court.

Options
  • 20-07-2008 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭

Don't wish to go on like a nun; but over the last two nights there has been raucous behaviour in the wee small hours 3.30-4.30 with what seemed like young people on the way to parties in the upper Court area.
    Does anyone know who they are? Could they have a word with them or their landlord? Failing that. There's always the Garda. I'm talking very loud here.
    Also two weeks ago at 4.30 we had two Gentlemen with west of Ireland accents but not from the west of Ireland(if you get my drift) having a fist fight in the Court. One was screaming ''Don't hit me in the effing kidneys''. The other duly obliged by pummelling him there. They were seriously drunk and headed in the direction of Burnaby Lawns. If this sort of thing is on the rise; please advise. Otherwise I will just go back to my rosary beads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭SJ

I live in Park and we were woken up at around 4am by what sounded to me like a very loud staple gun going off!! We had a peek out the window but couldn't see anything but I know we were't the only ones as there were lights going on and curtains opening all over the place as people tried to figure out what the hell was going on??!! Anyone know what that noise was?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭girl24

SJ wrote: »
    I live in Park and we were woken up at around 4am by what sounded to me like a very loud staple gun going off!! We had a peek out the window but couldn't see anything but I know we were't the only ones as there were lights going on and curtains opening all over the place as people tried to figure out what the hell was going on??!! Anyone know what that noise was?

Yeah was woken up by this too. It was some muppet banging so loudly on an apartment door, I don't know if he lost his keys and was trying to get in or what but he ended up setting the alarm off. And then last night another fu*king alarm going off. I tell you sleep deprevation makes one very kranky.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

Also two weeks ago at 4.30 we had two Gentlemen with west of Ireland accents but not from the west of Ireland(if you get my drift) having a fist fight in the Court. One was screaming ''Don't hit me in the effing kidneys''. The other duly obliged by pummelling him there. They were seriously drunk and headed in the direction of Burnaby Lawns. If this sort of thing is on the rise; please advise. Otherwise I will just go back to my rosary beads.

Did you call the police ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Hammiepeters

No. I didn't see the point. Knew that with the best will in the world on the part of the garda, there would be nothing happening by the time they got here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

was that fight near the duplex's on the spine road? think i might have heard it. have noticed alot of this as well at night. thought i was the only!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Charlseland is the hood now. Expect drug runnings and shoot outs most nights except on Mondays.

kateos2 wrote: »
    was that fight near the duplex's on the spine road? think i might have heard it. have noticed alot of this as well at night. thought i was the only!
    Dunno where they came from but they went past my house in th court on the way towards the stream and Burnaby lawns. They were fighting as they made their way. They may have been fighting for miles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭The Yipper

This is what happens during the summer when there's no footie on the TV.
    Fear not though....the premiership returns in a matter of 24 days...expect an end all of this nonsense on 16 August:)

The Yipper wrote: »
    This is what happens during the summer when there's no footie on the TV.
    Fear not though....the premiership returns in a matter of 24 days...expect an end all of this nonsense on 16 August:)
    Dont think those WOI types like the soccer. More fist fighting and greyhounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Hammie,

Warning sent. Thinly veiled comments like that will NOT be tolerated.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement