Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Implanon Info

Options
  • 20-07-2008 5:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi I am due to have my implanon out before the end of the month but im going on holidays and do not want a scar on my arm,i know its small but would just prefer to wait.my question is: once the month is up does it just stop working even if its still in my arm??how long does it take for my body to return to normal after having it removed if we were thinking of starting a family?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Questions should be directed to a doctor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Hi I am due to have my implanon out before the end of the month but im going on holidays and do not want a scar on my arm,i know its small but would just prefer to wait.my question is: once the month is up does it just stop working even if its still in my arm??how long does it take for my body to return to normal after having it removed if we were thinking of starting a family?

Form the manufacturers website..

CLINICAL PRECAUTIONS

Yes it stops working, you can concieve pretty much immediately.
    Make it clear to your doctor that you want a small tidy scar.
    Apparrently some doctors make the job easier for themselves by making an unneccesarily large cut.

Advertisement