Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Flash 9 and Streaming Video.

• 20-07-2008 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭

Ok this is annoying me, since the update to flash video 9 my browsers constantly crash after a few minutes of streaming video, be it YouTube or whatever.

No matter what web browser I use the videos will crash. What I've done so far is:

Uninstall / Reinstall flash (hasn't helped)
    Downgraded to Flash 8 (which doesn't work as Flash8.ocx always fails to get added to the registry properly).

I can't think of anything else and this is regardless of browser, have tried streaming vids in Firefox, IE7, Opera and Safari with no success. I don't seem to have this trouble when running the same hardware using the latest Ubuntu with flash 9. Any idea people?

Anybody else having similiar issues? This is really starting to piss me off...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

Can't think of a flash solution off hand, but you could use system restore to revert back before the upgrade. It's not the best solution, but it is an option if you can't get flash fixed.

Also did a bit of quick reading, a lot of people are having problems with it and similar problems. How are you uninstalling flash? apparently the add/remove feature doesn't work anymore and you have to use adobes uninstaller clicky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,242 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I didn't realise that. When i uninstalled it using add remove flash would stop working in all browsers so i assumed it was uninstalled already. Will try the adobe uninstaller when i get home.

Nope, didn't work.

Anyone any ideas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

had same problem myself. what kind of security do you use???

• Advertisement

*sigh*

It's not security related it's flash itself crashing all browsers. I have a hardware firewall set up on my internal network and AVG Free setup as my virus scanner. These answers however are irrelivent as they have nothing to do with the problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,064 ✭✭✭minxie

Achilles wrote: »
    *sigh*

It's not security related it's flash itself crashing all browsers. I have a hardware firewall set up on my internal network and AVG Free setup as my virus scanner. These answers however are irrelivent as they have nothing to do with the problem.
    well in saying so,,, i did sort my problem by turning off my security and uninstalling and reinstalling flash , rebooted and hey presto!!!! sorry but you were looking for ideas, was only tring to give my answer to how i solved my problem:o

minxie1 wrote: »
    well in saying so,,, i did sort my problem by turning off my security and uninstalling and reinstalling flash , rebooted and hey presto!!!! sorry but you were looking for ideas, was only tring to give my answer to how i solved my problem:o

Don't get me wrong I did appreciate it I just know that it wasn't the issue. Reinstalling flash alone probably would have sorted it for you but hasn't for me...

Advertisement