Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Name Certs

Options
  • 20-07-2008 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if I can walk in and get a proper copy of a business name cert in the CRO offices in Parnell St. I think you can but I'm not sure and I need to get one for the bank tomorrow. The online duplicate one is no good unfortunatly.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Lorelei

The simple answer is in theory no. It takes 3-4 weeks, if you have a good enough sob story and can get to talk to someone in the back office you might be lucky.
    I tried online and couldn't register went in next day was told that they were having problems with the online system and so agreed to register me straight away.
    If online is working then that is I think about 2 weeks its also € 20.00 cheaper.
    sorry couldn't give better news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

I think what he means is if his business is already registered, can he get a copy of his certificate from CRO?

Again, i don't think so. Afaik you have to send an application in writing to the Duplicate Cert Section along with a cheque and it can take up to 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

I think what he means is if his business is already registered, can he get a copy of his certificate from CRO?

Again, i don't think so. Afaik you have to send an application in writing to the Duplicate Cert Section along with a cheque and it can take up to 3 weeks!

I would have said the same, but turns out you can. I needed it for a bank meeting the following morning. You can just give the company number and they print it off for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Yes, I hear they even have a laser printer in the CRO now.

Advertisement