Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Steffano got himself a new bike this week-end!

• 20-07-2008 6:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Posted on Biker.ie but some of you might not frequent that site so here you go!

Picked her up yesterday and I'm absolutely delighted with her (and scared)!

I've been smiling ever since I got her! :biggrin_old:

_radE8CE9.jpg

_radE8572.jpg

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

/drool

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How much?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Gorgeous blade *drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭gipi

Hey Steffano,
    Many years of safe, happy riding!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

noice!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Nice one. Is it fast? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

id say any honda 50 could take it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭lukester

Nice one, I have the same bike in black but I really like the silver. How have you found it so far? I had the 954 previously (2 models older) and that was stupendous, this one is just more stupendous in different ways :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

How do I find her? Mmhhhh... "Scary as fook" to start with! She goes like a rocket! But she is so tight and precise and agile... She's just amazing! I've only had her 3 days and I already want to go around Mondello with her!

Phenomenal piece of machinery!!!

How do I find her? Mmhhhh... "Scary as fook" to start with! She goes like a rocket! But she is so tight and precise and agile... She's just amazing! I've only had her 3 days and I already want to go around Mondello with her!

Phenomenal piece of machinery!!!

Yep, it is a phenomenal piece of engineering, incredibly fast, light, stable and nimble. Totally addictive induction roar, I find myself wanting to ride everywhere in second gear just to hear her growl :D

Pretty comfortable for such a focused bike- I did 250 miles on Sunday on my favourite twisties and was grand after.

I'd love to take her round Mondello, but last time I was there I saw two newish gixxers binned, not pretty. I'd be too paranoid about bashing her up, need to get me a track bike that I can hoon round there on. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I also find myself riding in second gear a lot! :P She sounds good alright!

She's just such a great bike! And like you said, comfy enough! Rode her back from Letterkenny (to Dublin) on Saturday (around 250km) and didn't feel too bad wen I got home. Although I have to admit the Bandit is more comfortable!

I already have a race bike ('96 CBR 600) but I'd love to go 'round Mondello on the 'blade to see how much faster I can get (would hope for a 59")!

I also find myself riding in second gear a lot! :P She sounds good alright!

She's just such a great bike! And like you said, comfy enough! Rode her back from Letterkenny (to Dublin) on Saturday (around 250km) and didn't feel too bad wen I got home. Although I have to admit the Bandit is more comfortable!

I already have a race bike ('96 CBR 600) but I'd love to go 'round Mondello on the 'blade to see how much faster I can get (would hope for a 59")!

If you have a race bike and know your way round Mondello I'm sure you'd be grand- I always get paranoid about sliding a road bike down the track, shiny, expensive fairings, ouch.

The Bandit is comfy alright, used to have a Bandit 1200, great bike, like a big fast comfy springy armchair! But after the last 'blade I had I was converted to Honda, thing ran like clockwork and was so well built. I've heard of the valves being checked at 50k and not needing adjustment.

If you haven't already, check out fireblades.org, tons and tons of info.

When it comes to changing tyres, I'm switching to a 180 rear. Did this with the last blade and I liked it a lot, speeds up the turn in and didn't affect stability at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Congrats, lovely machine safe riding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,533 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

A work of art.. Enjoy!

Advertisement