Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnam????

Options
  • 20-07-2008 6:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hey

I need some advice. I am house hunting, looking towards terenure / Rathfarnam at present. Can anyone tell me why the house prices are so much lower in Whitechurch as compared to the rest of Rathfarnam? Is it a dive? Troubled area??

Would really appreciate any insight offered.

Many Thanks

Brendan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Whitechurch wouldn't be the best area in Rathfarnham.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Yeah whitechurch is known as a bit of a rough area, but no more than some other places around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

Only Whitechurch estate is actually rough around that area, and it's not that bad even at that. It looks like a dump, but I think it's a case of the bark being worse than the bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Which might be said for a lot of areas in dublin to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah not the greatest of areas tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

It does have a bad reputation alright and if you have young children it wouldn't really be the best of places. Although as the others have said its mainly Whitechurch estate itself thats the problem. Other areas around there are grand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Not a good area one of the worst in Rathfarnham IMHO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 Brendan777

yea I was thinking as much, personally I would and have lived in the worst areas our fair city has to offer, but now ive kids to consider so it wont be Whitechurch.

Thanks all

Brendan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

where is whitechurch actually? is it over beside st enda park?

i'm over near loretto pk but you really cant compare the scummers in this part of the city with the ones in other parts of dublin, worst thing around here recently was the gangs of under age drinkers that gathered for a while
    90% female interestingly enough, and whats with the coffee cups they drink from :confused: i'm getting old but the scummers have manners out this way
    they say please when they try to bum smokes off you :D

the area around nutgrove/loretto park is 'rough' enough but not on a par with other parts of the city, i've seen the odd burned out car down near spar or in the park on a few ocasions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Ass

calex71 wrote: »
    where is whitechurch actually? is it over beside st enda park?

i'm over near loretto pk but you really cant compare the scummers in this part of the city with the ones in other parts of dublin, worst thing around here recently was the gangs of under age drinkers that gathered for a while
    90% female interestingly enough, and whats with the coffee cups they drink from :confused: i'm getting old but the scummers have manners out this way
    they say please when they try to bum smokes off you :D

the area around nutgrove/loretto park is 'rough' enough but not on a par with other parts of the city, i've seen the odd burned out car down near spar or in the park on a few ocasions.
    The entrance to the estate is up at the top of the grange road, the other side of tailors lane beside the grange golf club or what ever it's called.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Orla875

There are many nice young families who live in Whitechurch now, however there are still, few who make the noise with sporadic anti-social behaviors. I won't consider Palmer Park and Perase Borthers Park part of Whitechurch, they are Ballyboden, very nice families living there at present.

Advertisement