Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing from Eircom

Options
  • 20-07-2008 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭

I was thinking of changing from Eircom to IBB and I was wondering whether our @eircom.net email accounts would be lost. Its only the BB package I would be changing ? Oh and the email account was created before we even signed up to any broadband packages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

I think you're safe. I set up a few accounts before eircom was my ISP and they worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Come to think of it the account was actually created after the broadband was got. Would they close the account and if so would thet allow the emails to be forwarded ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I changed from Eircom to UTV a few years back and all I had to do was change the Outgoing (SMTP) server to the utv one. The Incoming one (mail2.eircom.net) stayed the same so I'd assume that it'd be something similar with IBB.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Arabel wrote: »
    I changed from Eircom to UTV a few years back and all I had to do was change the Outgoing (SMTP) server to the utv one. The Incoming one (mail2.eircom.net) stayed the same so I'd assume that it'd be something similar with IBB.
    That's right -- unless you're using eircom's webmail, you'll need to change this.

Ah thats fine then, thanks for your help guys, I appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

How do I go about changing from eircom to IBB. Do I just order the new package on the IBB site or do I have to do it differently ?

Advertisement