Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

mondeo LX vs Zetec.

Options
  • 20-07-2008 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I am on the verge of picking up a 02 1.8 lx, its mint and nct'd till 2010.

Its a LX model, is the zetec edition alot better? or worth getting over a LX?

the seats are different and it has more electrics and 125hp versus 110hp I belive.?

also is it difficult to get a proper double din headunit and replace the ford one?

ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

there are so many used Mondeos out there for small money, which leaves no excuse for buying an LX model.

Some of the Ford heads on here will know, but I'm sure it includes alloys, fogs, leather wheel, silvery bits in the interior, rear electric windows and other niceties.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,244 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Zetecs cost little more than LX models at this stage but are better value. Also the 1.8 litre in the LX only had 110bhp which is pretty dire even back in 2001.

Zetecs are also easier to sell on.

people are very courteous to drivers of LX spec Mondeos, especially with D registration!

colm_mcm wrote: »
    people are very courteous to drivers of LX spec Mondeos, especially with D registration!

Especially navy or white coloured ones with missing wheel trim.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

mmmm, what does this mean ?!

It is a D reg apparently, metallic silver also. Its going for just 3,700 with a NCT and a service, cant go wrong, a Zetec would be at least 5000e.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Cionád

A lot of them are ex state cars / Garda cars.

that's a good enough price considering the stated mileage. get it verified by a service history

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

is zetec not just the engine? i had a focus lx with a zetec engine...

Zetec is a family of engines, and also a trim level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Had a 1.8 zetec estate. I miss it every time I see one . The best car I've ever had!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

bazz26 wrote: »
    Especially navy or white coloured ones with missing wheel trim.:D

And a door panel, or wing kicked in.

It is a D reg apparently, metallic silver also. Its going for just 3,700 with a NCT and a service, cant go wrong, a Zetec would be at least 5000e.

Here is a Zetec which could probably be bought for the same price your LX:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Ford/Mondeo/ZETEC/1130341/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Climate Expert

bazz26 wrote: »
    Here is a Zetec which could probably be bought for the same price your LX:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Ford/Mondeo/ZETEC/1130341/
    So much quality car for such a low price. When you see what people buy second hand for much more it makes you wonder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

The car I am looking at is a year newer so I will give it a lash. I took it for a spin and it looks like new inside.

indeed, spending 20/30k on new-ish cars is a bit madness

Advertisement