Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worst / best adverts on Radio Kerry

Options
  • 20-07-2008 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭

Hi someone might be intrested in this, for a start I'll name mine

Worst (1) Maura & Mary back in Keans Killorglin.
    (2) Any of the Harvey Norman adverts.

Best (1) The sun, sand, sea and sets advert for some Kenmare festival
    (2) The advert they ran sometime ago for Radio Kerry bingo, balls
    Mary.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

dh0661 wrote: »
    Best (1) The sun, sand, sea and sets advert for some Kenmare festival
    I heard tell of this alright,twas supposed to be funny!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

I don’t listen to radio kerry its the most depressing radio station around noting but people moaning about stuff.. Sorry for the rant but just tell the truth:D

(hope i dont get banned for this):eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭dh0661

Vain wrote: »
    I don’t listen to radio kerry its the most depressing radio station around noting but people moaning about stuff.. Sorry for the rant but just tell the truth:D
    (hope i dont get banned for this):eek:

I agree, Radio Kerry would not be my choice of station either, but any time I visit my parents house my mom always has Radio Kerry on in the kitchen, that's about the only time I hear it. Why :confused: would you get banned for expressing an honest opinion ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Was only joking, but i am giving out about radio Kerry in a Kerry thread, Some mod from kerry might take it to heart:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I agree, Radio Kerry would not be my choice of station either, but any time I visit my parents house my mom always has Radio Kerry on in the kitchen, that's about the only time I hear it. Why :confused: would you get banned for expressing an honest opinion ?.

You said it in one,its old folks radio really,i dont know anyone my age(a few years off 30:)) that would have it on during the day,or night or that matter,wouldnt even come into my head if i wanted to look for a station!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

this thread just made me tune in and :eek: I wonder how they win awards for listenership when they are competing with the likes of spin-fm ...

what i do admit to tuning into is weehsie when i'm not attending the matches but usually end up on radio1 though

kerry4sam wrote: »
    what i do admit to tuning into is weehsie when i'm not attending the matches but usually end up on radio1 though

My dad runs out of the house when he hears him on. Also on Sunday mornings there's some diddly dy show on between eleven and two, I'm glad of that though because he makes that his excuse to come and do our garden, and a secret fry up breakfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

kerry4sam wrote: »
    this thread just made me tune in and :eek: I wonder how they win awards for listenership when they are competing with the likes of spin-fm ...

I don't think they are competing with Spin, they been around alot longer. Besides it's completely different demographic.

But for comparasion purposes, from the last JNLR:

Spin Market Share is 9.4%
    Radio Kerry Market Share is 46.2%

Now back to the OP thread.

Best: Some of the Kerry Football campaign ads are good.

Worst: Diary (not dairy!) type features.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭overexcitedaj

Worst (1) Maura & Mary back in Keans Killorglin.

hahaha this ad is epic. It just sums up the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

worst: the presenters speaking about their love for The Kingdom
    best: none at the moment :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

we interrupt this broadcast for an urgent newsflash" were just receiving word that joe o'connor has lost some sheep. As far as we know he moved his sheep earlier today from the back field for shearing down by heffernans. The details are sketchy but it seems like at least 2 sheep are missing.we'll keep you updated as soon as we get more on this breaking news. and sure while i have you here i should let you know, jinny murphy is having a bake sale at the community hall this sunday so bring the family along for that. it'll be great craic. We now return you to your usual programme. radio kerry.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

Was his dog all right? Perhaps he should have gone to Specsavers.
    Now there's a good advert !

Oliverdog wrote: »
    Was his dog all right? Perhaps he should have gone to Specsavers. Now there's a good advert !

That Maura & Mary doing their xmas shopping in Kean's Killorglin is a head wreacker. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Oliverdog

That Maura & Mary doing their xmas shopping in Kean's Killorglin is a head wreacker. :eek:

You might think so, dh, but the power of advertising was (probably) what took my wife to that very emporium only this afternoon.

She wanted a parsnip for a nice beef casserole.

Advertisement