Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Ozone changed to an over 25's club

• 20-07-2008 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Anyone know if there's any truth in this rumour??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I doubt it very much, bouncers probably just didn't want to let someone in and said it was over-25s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Lol, that's 90% of patrons excluded. I doubt Hannigan would be that stupid.

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

they should friggin close the dump down. kip kip kip. if they stopped selling alcohol it'd just be an under 18's ''disco'' :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

They were going to put apartments there, but have decided not to for the moment, due to the fact that places are not selling right now.

the idea was to make Darkie Moores a late bar/ disco.

The ozone would be absolutely no loss to Leixlip.

Terry wrote: »
    The ozone would be absolutely no loss to Leixlip.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

It was a kip 4 years ago when I was last there and I can't imagine it has changed. I was never in a place more full of scumbags. People doing cocaine on the tables upstairs, not even trying to hide it! Idiots fighting, terrible "security" people, disgusting toilets etc.

I genuinely don't understand why people continue to go there and how it manages to survive.

amz its full of kids. I swear I never seen anything like it. I had'nt been there in years and I went (or was dragged) about 5 months ago, and I swore never ever again. NEVER. there was nothing but kids in it.

Probably a wise decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭biggus

The Fox rocks at the foxhunter is good on friday and saturday night til 2 am. no kids but maybe one or two grannies. not bad for no adm charge.

Too awkward to get to and from. Town is handier if you're going to travel anywhere.

I'd rather go to somewhere with decent music, few if any scummers and no admission charge, or reasonable admission charge. 10quid into the Ozone is a joke, they can't justify it. You always felt ripped off by that price. There are so many decent venues in Dublin City Centre now that staying local is only something you do on very rare occasions.

I don't think I've been out in Leixlip for about 2 years. It's just not worth it. You get charged Dublin prices for venues that are full of people you don't want to see, underage kids or OAPs, with music too loud, or too rubbish. In pubs where you just want to have a conversation with the people you're with, without having to shout.

I contacted most of the pubs/hotels in Leixlip around the time of Ireland's rugby tour down under earlier this summer, none of them were showing it, or bothered to respond to my query. I had to travel into town to see the games. I would have been happy to pay an entry fee like some Dublin pubs were doing and getting maybe a breakfast for 15quid, but the local pubs only cater for the Lowest common denominator from what I can see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

ChewChew wrote: »
    amz its full of kids. I swear I never seen anything like it. I had'nt been there in years and I went (or was dragged) about 5 months ago, and I swore never ever again. NEVER. there was nothing but kids in it.

+1

That's why this rumour made me laugh! If it was changed to over 25's the place would be empty.....

Is it ever actually full any more?

I can't imagine it's even half as popular as it was back when it opened initially.

biggus wrote: »
    The Fox rocks at the foxhunter is good on friday and saturday night til 2 am. no kids but maybe one or two grannies. not bad for no adm charge.

Really?? I did'nt realise they had a late bar. I actually have become rather fond of Courtneys in Lucan and its only a couple of euro's in a cab from Celbridge or the 67 down, no adm charge and there's a dancefloor, and afterwards there's a taxi rank right outside.
    Amz wrote: »
    Too awkward to get to and from. Town is handier if you're going to travel anywhere.

I'd rather go to somewhere with decent music, few if any scummers and no admission charge, or reasonable admission charge. 10quid into the Ozone is a joke, they can't justify it. You always felt ripped off by that price. There are so many decent venues in Dublin City Centre now that staying local is only something you do on very rare occasions.

I don't think I've been out in Leixlip for about 2 years. It's just not worth it. You get charged Dublin prices for venues that are full of people you don't want to see, underage kids or OAPs, with music too loud, or too rubbish. In pubs where you just want to have a conversation with the people you're with, without having to shout.
    +1

It's so handy to get to the city now. the only thing that really, really annoys me is that I am in Celbridge and the nitelink's are at 12.30, 2am & 3am but I think the last one going to leixlip is 4.30am. so thats really really crappy. but I dont mind, cause I'll just go in earlier.

the bus home take like 20 mins but about an hour to get in so I get the train from hazelhatch.
    SnoozyS wrote: »
    +1

That's why this rumour made me laugh! If it was changed to over 25's the place would be empty.....
    empty is right. it really is only full of kids. if I really REALLY had to choose, I'd go the glenroyal!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I don't think I've been out in Leixlip for about 2 years. It's just not worth it. You get charged Dublin prices for venues that are full of people you don't want to see

+1

I've come to the conclusion that Leixlip is, in fact, a certified kip.

That smell isn't actually coming from the river. It's coming from the populace.

Antithetic wrote: »
    +1

hahahah. you made me LOL. like really LOL. people looked. hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭SnoozyS

+1

yep, sad but very very true :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭Tristram

+1

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I contacted most of the pubs/hotels in Leixlip around the time of Ireland's rugby tour down under earlier this summer, none of them were showing it, or bothered to respond to my query. I had to travel into town to see the games. I would have been happy to pay an entry fee like some Dublin pubs were doing and getting maybe a breakfast for 15quid, but the local pubs only cater for the Lowest common denominator from what I can see.
    Did you try the Riverforest?
    I'm fairly sure they showed it.

+1

The smell comes from the West of the Rye, therefore it's the farenders giving off the smell.

It's after it passes by Confey Terry.

I didn't think of the Riverforest, as I've never been up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

The place is an absolute kip, full of scummers with an average age of 15.

Knock it.

• Advertisement

That's why I've never been there.

That's why I've never been there.

It's ok. we are all friends here. no need to lie ;) we wont judge you!! :D

ah the last time I was in it I was not the best for anything. I shudda been pushed into the river that night but meh. I will ensure I shall never return!! :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Theres no way they could make that place 25's, sure there'd be noone left.
    The place is a complete kip, when it first opened the bouncers were reasonably strict, now they let every scumbag under the sun in, I think the bouncers think that there job just consists of throwing out people when they see a fight (till next week). It's simple, if a lad turns up to the door in a pair of airmax, don't let him in

Advertisement