Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to do for August Bank holiday?

Options
  • 20-07-2008 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

hi, just wondering if there's anything going on in Dublin for the August bank holiday weekend? I have visitors over and I am trying to think of things to do with them but I don't think there's any festivals on or anything so just looking for suggestions!

Thanks,

Kasycas

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

Perfect oppertunity to leave Dublin if they're already here, show them some of the countryside and towns around Ireland...we're only a couple of hours drive from the likes of Wexford and Kilkenny which are really nice towns, or further a field, train to west cork? (if it;s a session type thing, Kilkenny and Wexford are also great to go out on the beer in!!)

If it's a Dublin thing, again, it's difficult to suggest, since I don't know age, interests etc., but if it's relaxation (and hopefully sunny) a day in Dun Laoighre or arseing around Dundrum..if it's a session type thing, Guiness store house and sky bar are cool to see even if you are from Dublin...

Events, there's comedy club in Ha'Penny inn on the Sunday night:

Sunday August 3rd (Bank Holiday!)
    Colum McDonnell (The World Stands Up)
    Tommy Nicholson
    Plus Guest
    Resident M.C. Simon O'Keeffe

Try this website: http://www.dublinevents.com/

Loads to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

This is what I'm doing. I'm sure there are tickets still available (they're free!)
    http://www.farmleighaffair.com/

Advertisement