Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Rachel a fence sitter?

Options
  • 20-07-2008 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭

Some housemates are calling her a fence sitter,
    but is she playing the biggest game of them all ,
    or really a genuinely nice girl?
    Should have put a poll on this one, would have been interested in the results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

She's a nice, down-to-earth girl. The only reason suspicions get raised about her is because she's not barmy and off-the-wall like most of them.

Plus she's a babe. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,399 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

If the HOH thing continues a 3rd time, then I'd love to see her as the head, force her to get involved a bit more.

She's fairly bland (admittedly a babe as MNG says).

I doubt its 'a game', (whatever the hell the housemates mean when they say that anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Saggy boobies and saggy bum and a babe?.. I think not. Would like to see her head of house tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Did you see after mario got evicted on big brothers big mouth he was trying to say something about rachel and he started off with ''i dunno if i'm allowed say this but people who spent time with her prior to the show said she was a different person'' and then he was told no he couldn't talk about it.

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Did you see after mario got evicted on big brothers big mouth he was trying to say something about rachel and he started off with ''i dunno if i'm allowed say this but people who spent time with her prior to the show said she was a different person'' and then he was told no he couldn't talk about it.

:confused:

They were probably in a "dry-run" together. This is where they place some people in a similar house for a week or so to see how they get on. Stuart and Sylvia were in a dry-run together and they kissed during that time which is why Stuart was put in the house and she acted such a freak.

When Belinda went into the house Bex ran at her shouting "Belinda Belinda!" before the woman even opened her mouth.

On-topic: I think Rachel is genuine. All this "sitting on the fence" and "playing the game" shít bugs the crap out me. She's being nice to people and if she has a problem with anything someone has said she's not shy about confronting them about it. Just because she doesnt go ranting and raving at them doesnt mean she's playing a game.

And while we're on the subject...if she was playing a game what's the big problem? Why is it after 8 years of this stuff people still go in there and moan about people not being genuine and game playing? They're not in there to make friends, they're in there to win. It's ridiculous to expect anything else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

I think she's just a nice person but the only thing I'm not sure about is that in her audition she never shut up and came across as somebody that would be real chatty, but that hasn't really been the case. I'm not sure if we have seen the real Rachel, although if I was pushed to answer I wouldn't say it is a game plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I don't think you can really put much stock in audition tapes. People will say anything to stand out from the thousands that apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

She was genuine in her reaction to the possibility of Kat
    leaving, and I dont' think it was because she didn't want to lose her close friend.
    She was saying no to the unfairness of it and IMO thats not sitting on the fence.:)
    Was it Luke (I know there was another housemate there at the time ) so I can't be sure which one said," if I wanted to sit on the fence, I would have to sit on her shoulders " refering to Rachel. Then came the Quip,
    " She is the Fence ".
    Someone obviously feels the need to run her down,
    I do wonder why?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Elphaba

I think she's genuinly nice but she's just a bit boring and doesn't seem like she's gonna change. I mean Kat is overly nice to everyone too but she's a lot more interesting than Rachel. I don't think the public dislike her but I don't think anyone particularly likes her either so when it comes to voting for people to stay in she'll be in trouble.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

I really like Rachael, some very interesting things on her website.
    http://www.rachel-rice.co.uk/

Very surprised she isn't more of a personality within the house.

RachelMS_250x333.jpg

She's a babe alright!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭DmanDmythDledge

Chinafoot wrote: »
    I don't think you can really put much stock in audition tapes. People will say anything to stand out from the thousands that apply.
    Yeah, but I don't think somebody that is quiet and reserved could put on a front like she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Laurs_civic

i think she's just a nice person, why is it so hard for them to get around that. so what she dosent wanna be starting fights etc she may be scared or uncomfortable by confrontation.

she is good looking and i think its great she lost so much weight.. rachel to win :D

Rachel has tact which I think is part of the reason she's disliked. Some of the people in that house are downright rude and justify it by saying, 'well least I'm honest and I speak my mind'. Well sometimes it takes more class to keep your mouth shut and turn the other cheek, a concept alien to people like Bex and Luke.

Unfortunately Rachel's in an environment where Channel 4 have scoured Britain looking for the dregs of society. Alex, Dennis, etc.

As Rachel herself has said, she doesn't feel the need to speak out unless something really bothers her. Sure aren't most people like that? Empty vessels make most noise as the saying goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

Is Rachel a face sitter? I would hope so with that bum of hers.

Edit: Oh, fence sitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

I think she is a nice person a bit quiet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Never noticed her bum! Will have to see this evening on highlights.

She's a bit insipid or bland or something. Don't think she is winning "material"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭HoneyButterfly

She was saying no to the unfairness of it and IMO thats not sitting on the fence.:)
    Was it Luke (I know there was another housemate there at the time ) so I can't be sure which one said," if I wanted to sit on the fence, I would have to sit on her shoulders " refering to Rachel. Then came the Quip,
    " She is the Fence ".
    Someone obviously feels the need to run her down,
    I do wonder why?:rolleyes:

Yeah I thought that was pretty bad too, it was Darnell who said it, of course, who else?!
    I really don't think she sits on the fence. As it was said on this thread before, if she has a problem with someone she'll tell them. Just because she doesn't bitch and moan and start arguments the whole time, does not mean she doesn't have an opinion or is boring! It really annoyed me the other night when Rex pretty much attached her, saying that she was so boring and she'd always be average. And she replied with "Well I'm happy" And Rex laughed in her face. NOT fair. Who does he think he is that he gets to pick and choose how a person should live their life?!

It really annoyed me the other night when Rex pretty much attached her, saying that she was so boring and she'd always be average. And she replied with "Well I'm happy" And Rex laughed in her face. NOT fair. Who does he think he is that he gets to pick and choose how a person should live their life?!

He owns 3 restaurants, dont you know,;)
    I think he is so used to giving orders and having people
    listen to him, because it's not happening in the house, he is trying another tack. Imo he is trying to draw a reaction from Rachel , and she is not rising to the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Know they were only picking on her that time. She's quiet, no gameplan IMO.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Yeah, but she could have shown a bit of mettle and put him in his place. The guy's a knob and she let herself be walked over.

• Advertisement

Dyflin wrote: »
    Yeah, but she could have shown a bit of mettle and put him in his place. The guy's a knob and she let herself be walked over.

Not really, she just showed him up as being the knob that you just called him. so really she showed him up because she didn't let him get to her.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Hrududu

She's a bit insipid or bland or something.
    Insipid, thats the word I've been searching for her. She may be nice and all that but they may as well have put a block of wood in the house for all she has done.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Looking at Rachels audition tape you can see how he might of had a point

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIGba40MyCc

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

edit double post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Damo.Smith

she is definitely a fence sitter...it's fairly obvious

Damo.Smith wrote: »
    she is definitely a fence sitter...it's fairly obvious
    Well she was straight in there tonight to defend Kat when Mikey was having a go .Mo stood up for Kat too.
    I think she is exactly the type of friend anyone would
    like to have, that's not fence sitting.:)

Well she was straight in there tonight to defend Kat when Mikey was having a go .Mo stood up for Kat too.
    I think she is exactly the type of friend anyone would
    like to have, that's not fence sitting.:)

Yeah I was really pleased to see her standing up to Mikey. He can be really insensitive I've noticed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I like Rachel

I think its a bit unfair to equate being not as loud as some of the other idiots with being boring

For once Rachel doesn't keep her opinions to herself...
    If two people had to be chosen as having the biggest hearts in the House, surely Kathreya and Rachel would be the ones? Both of them equally sensitive, they spent some time alone in the Garden after Lisa had been a bit of a mean girl.

"You know she's the person who disappoint the most, who keep breaking my heart so many time," Kathreya said to Rachel. "What did she say?" asked Rachel.

"She's the one who started saying 'shut up'," said Kathreya referring to Lisa and Luke who had been singing the Black Eyed Peas song Shut Up. "She was singing the song, laughing and looking at me." "It makes you feel uneasy," said Rachel, feeling Kathreya's sadness.

"It's what she try to do all the time," sighed Kathreya. "When they start doing that," said Rachel with a glint in her eye, "just sing along with them - it'll annoy them even more that it's not upsetting you or getting to you."
    "We don't need them," she went on. "If she wants to play that game, let her play - she's the one who'll look the biggest fool, not us... it's obvious she's just a pain in the butt!"
    Obvious? Blimey, has Rachel finally come down off the fence and formed an opinion about someone? It was only a matter of time...

YOU GO RACHEL , in your own nice way.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭imboard.3

i like rachel she's genuine and nice and does'nt need the approval of the other housemates to verify who she is , unlike most of the bitch brigade ,they are, insecure
    horrible insincere people who have to slate everyone who they feel is more popular than them to make themselves feel better,luke lisa mikey dale, and sad to say ,stuart ,all being guilty of this, i think people should give rachel a break , she's being real like it or not . dont hang her for being a good person , did pete not win for that reason.

Advertisement