Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Rachel a fence sitter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Took me a minuet to get that,Doh!.

There are going to be tears before bedtime...
    The housemates from Hell have been given a mail-sorting task. They must sort 1007 letters into two piles: Heaven and Hell. Doesn't sound very interesting, does it? Aha, but here's the twist: what they don't know is that hidden in their bulging mailbag are some tear-jerking letters from home.
    Each of the Heavenly housemates will receive a letter from a loved one, and as far as the housemates from Hell will be aware, there will not be any post for them. But that's not the full story...
    After the task, Head of House Rachel will called to the Diary Room where she will face a moral dilemma. She can receive a letter from her mother, or she can deliver messages to Kathreya, Michael and Nicole - but not both.
    If she takes her own letter, the other housemates will know nothing about the choice she's made. So what will she go for? Looks like Big Brother's about to put Rachel's selfless nature to the test...

As seen on C4 website,

Oh dear , decisions, decisions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

I'd say she'll give it to the hell housemates, theres a few tmes she didn't get a treat in hell where she was gutted. Hearing from family is a big thing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Thanks Sharpshooter. Interesting! I'd say she'll give the letters away if genuine and if she is being false she'll do it to appear selfless anyway. Its unfair to give one to nicole. What's her letter going to say ? Dear Nicole, well how are you since eh the day before yesterday, no news to report, eh bye':rolleyes:

Yep , makes you wonder all the same.
    If Rachel does give the letters to hell, and Nicole does get one, you will see all the housemates in heaven turning against nicole.
    Not they don't already begrudge her being there,
    There will be tears alright,:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Obviously she will give it because her close friends are in hell, but if there was people over there that she didnt like she wouldnt probably give it up, not that i blame her either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Wow she's gone up in my estimation with that. She really is a top girl unlike some of the others that have been in before her - Jen, Bex, Alex etc.

I'd like to think the majority of HMs would have done that but I bet a few of them would have had to think about it and might even have just read their own letter.

Can't see many people picking their own letter to be honest. It'd just show them to be selfish. It'd be madness in a competitive gameshow. The only person I could imagine reading their own would be Rex if it had've been from Nicole before she went in of course.Don't think he'd care if we all thought he was selfish.

But you gotta think its a very tough decision to make and i wouldnt blame anybody if they took their own letters over the hell housemates.

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Can't see many people picking their own letter to be honest. It'd just show them to be selfish. It'd be madness in a competitive gameshow. The only person I could imagine reading their own would be Rex if it had've been from Nicole before she went in of course.Don't think he'd care if we all thought he was selfish.

But there was absolutely no hesitation on her part , and no wailing and crying over not being able to see her own
    letter .
    She made a quick decision and the right one too .:)

But there was absolutely no hesitation on her part , and no wailing and crying over not being able to see her own
    letter .
    She made a quick decision and the right one too .:)
    You're probably right. It would've been very hard. I would've cried and held my letter for a while all the while knowing I had to take the other one. But I do like Rachel but i felt she was a tiny bit martyr-like in the way she answered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 boomhower

i wouldn't mind rachael winning it..it was really decent of her to give them the letters...and she didn't look for brownie points for it...she just bluffed it off pretending she never had to make the choice that she did..

and as for sitting on the fence, she always stands up for herself when she has to, just not in an overly-confrontational way..i respect that (and considering she is a teacher-she hardly wants to ruin the rest of her career by acting the maggot in front of her future students and their parents...i mean, can you imagine bex getting her job back after the way she went on!!?)
    and to top it off, wasn't it rachael who really stood up to alex on behalf of bex over the chips thing??! (while bex was acting like a really gentle, timid girl:rolleyes:)

i like rachael....LOTS!!!

I think Rachael has proven she is as nice as she makes out with that alright!

C4 Website:
    Rachel's actions cause washing up Hell...

Rachel was hauled over the coals yesterday for doing the washing up after being forbidden to do so. Big Brother warned Rachel that it would be 'at her peril' if she continued. Quite brazenly, Rachel told Big Brother to 'throw the worst punishment' at her. Well, Rachel must have been wishing on a star, because Big Brother summoned her to the Diary Room to collect the instructions for a special task.

"Right," said Rachel reading from the Laminate. "Big Brother would like to offer housemates from Hell the opportunity to win two hours of hot water." Nods of approval and smiles could be seen.
    "In the Store Room is a trolley full of dirty crockery," continued Rachel. "Housemates from Hell must thoroughly clean each and every item of crockery taking special care to ensure complete removal of the word peril." As soon as she read the word 'peril' a look of damning realisation spread across her face.

"Well done Rachel, you're so kind," jeered Rex, clapping his hands. "How can you blame me?" said Rachel trying to look innocent. "It doesn't say it's because of me. If you don't want hot water, don't do it."

"It is your fault," said Dale with a grin.
    "It's not my fault," argued Rachel, "they don't have to do it." No, they don't have to do it, but they will.

AND THEY DID,
    Here is what happened next.

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/news/newsstory.jsp?id=12685&position=35

BB must have found their wooden spoon and are getting busy stirring it up, at Rachels expense.:(
    I suppose they did warn her.
    Except it was the HMs that suffered at their peril.

I think Rex is arguing with Mikey at his peril.

He doesn't come across well in that video at all and if they show that in the main programme it will really make him look bad. His girlfreind isn't helping him out either.

Thats what you get Racel for wanting to bee too nice!

Rachel today received a video message from home involving her mother, father, boyfriend and half-sister. You can see it here:

http://www.channel4.com/bigbrother/video

A nice message.

I love how everyone is turning on rachael after the dishes incident, so easily forgetting she was the only one to not get a letter so the hell housemates could have theirs

LolaDub wrote: »
    I love how everyone is turning on rachael after the dishes incident, so easily forgetting she was the only one to not get a letter so the hell housemates could have theirs

The housemates didnt know that she didnt get one she was been secretive about the whole thing.

• Advertisement

She got the suitcases back by buying them in the shopping budget.
    Now that is nice.:)

Depends what kind of budget that was?

Luxury Budget, they passed the task.
    But she did go 34 pound over or something like that, BB charged her 20 for each suitcase.
    So there will most likely be items missing from the list.

Yeah on a luxury budget thats not bad im sure most people would of done that.

The housemates didnt know that she didnt get one she was been secretive about the whole thing.

Ah come on! Of course they knew. Hell never gets something for nothing, they always have to earn it or hoh has to make a choice. Rachael didn't get a letter, they knew well, sure darnell even said it to the group

LolaDub wrote: »
    Ah come on! Of course they knew. Hell never gets something for nothing, they always have to earn it or hoh has to make a choice. Rachael didn't get a letter, they knew well, sure darnell even said it to the group

She came out all blah blah blah i will get something in due coarse, Darnell said that she gave up hers and she denied it again.

As seen on DS Site:
    Rachel was called to the Diary Room this afternoon so that Big Brother could give her a gift for the house - a crystal ball.

She brought it out and gave it to Mo to examine. "Big Brother told me it needs to be used for its purpose and it should be treated with great respect," she told him.

However, Rachel decided to give the crystal ball to Kat to look after.

"Don't give it to Hell," Mo shouted at her.

"Kat is going to be responsible for looking after it," she told him as Kat started to stare at the object.

Hmmm, and on eviction night too.
    Wonder what BB are up too.:D

Oh no is the crystal ball for Lisa? To do with Mario proposing or something? :eek:

OMG , MNG , I do hope you are wrong.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    And the gushing letter she got from him.!

• Advertisement

Oh no is the crystal ball for Lisa? To do with Mario proposing or something? :eek:
    OMG , MNG , I do hope you are wrong.
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    And the gushing letter she got from him.!
    DS are saying Lisa had a crystal ball yesterday and she saw " A Ring and A Man on A Horse " in it.:rolleyes::D

Advertisement