Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Rachel a fence sitter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Taken from DS Site:
    Rachel had to choose a winner in a bake off between heaven and hell. Hell had to bake a cake in the shape of the Millennium Dome.
    Heaven had to bake St Paul's Cathedral.

Rachel is making her way from Hell to Heaven, having tasted a slice of The Millennium Dome. She says St Paul's Cathedral looks outstanding and the tower is good, although it has an extra clock. "Remember, this is cooked by your good friend Rex," Stu says.

Kathreya and the other Hellish housemates are chanting as they believe Rachel prefers the taste of their cake. "That looks like The Millennium Dome after an earthquake," Mo says. Rachel announces the winners as Hell. "Hate me, but taste their cake and then tell me I've made the wrong decision," she says.

"Choosing your friends is bad," says Stu, but Rachel says she genuinely thinks Hell's was better. Mikey then tastes a sample of Heaven's cake and says it is disgusting.

Everyone is clapping and saying "Well Done Mikey", who is the new Head of House. Rachel goes back to the Diary Room, as Mikey says all that he can promise is that Rex and Nicole will be together and that Kat will be in Heaven. Nicole says she wants to be in Heaven, and Rex asks her if she would rather be in heaven than with him.

Rachel walks back in to the living area and Rex jokes she has just lost a lot of friends.

Darnell and Rex are giving Rachel a hard time about her decision as Kat tells her not to worry about it. "What was the point in putting all the effort in," says Rex, who goes to the luxury bedroom and tells Lisa that he has lost all respect for Rachel.
    Mikey tells Rachel that the criticism she is getting for her decision is unfair. "It is fine Mikey, honestly," says Rachel. In the bathroom, Rex tells Stu that Nicole just wants to be in Heaven and doesn't care if he is there or not.

In the bathroom, Sara says she just really wanted to be Head of House. Meanwhile, Darnell is still attacking Rachel for the way she made her choice.

Rachel is sitting quietly as Darnell says her decision "makes him sick". He then goes to the bathroom to talk to Rex and Stu about the situation.

Rex, Darnell, and Mo are still mocking Rachel. "Do you feel you made the right decision, yeh?" says Rex, as they laugh. Stu says he agrees it was a bad decision, but says they should "leave it now". Mikey comes out of the Diary Room with his Head of House rosette.

Rex continues to talk about Rachel's decision. "If Rachel would have had the courage to actually make the correct decision, Michael would have had to pick two people to go with him," he says.

Mikey says that he believes Rex and Nicole would have been kept separate regardless of Rachel's decision. Kat says she is going to have a bath and swim every day.

Darnell says: "She makes people feel like sh*t because she always brings morals in.

Rex and Nicole say that they will get to see each other as they cross the boundary. Rex says he is angry about Rachel's decision. "Her trying to convince us that theirs tasted better is the biggest piss take," he tells Mo and Nicole.

Kat says she feels bad for Rachel, who she thinks will have a "hard time". "I don't think she did a bad thing at all," she says. "It's nonsense." Mikey says: "Nothing will ever please Rex. He's got his girlfriend here."

Rachel is unpacking in B-block. Rex comes in and throws himself onto the bed. "What a sh*t day," he tells Darnell. "It was outrageous." The camera zooms in on a silent Rachel.

Rachel stays silent as Rex complains that the outcome of today's task has made him not want to be in the house.

Darnell says he described Rachel as a "piece of trash" earlier today. He wonders how long the public will forgive him for. Mo says that everybody has been having a go at Rachel today.

Think we can take it that Rachel will be up this week.
    Because she made a decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

What happened with the cake? What did Rachel have to do?

Ann22 wrote: »

She had to judge on taste and sight which cake was the best,
    One was made by Heaven , the other by hell.
    She based her choice on taste mostly I think , but then so would I .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

and Rex lost? I love it :D

Why were they mad with her? Did they think she only picked that one 'cos her pals made it? I think she does try her best to be fair. I don't know why any of them want to be HOH. Its' a thankless task. And we all know in most cases the higher up the tree the monkey goes-the more of his a**e you see.:)

• Advertisement

Ann22 wrote: »
    Sorry Ann, I have fixed it now. What she had to do is now at the top of previous post.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 bergdorf

she reckoned Hell had a crap week, and in fairness with only 3 of them they did, and she picked them to be nice, although heavens cake was better.

Thanks Sharpshooter.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭rhapsody

what an abuse of power, Rachel I am shocked :eek: disgraceful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Why are they all ganging up on her over that? Talk about being shallow. Maybe Rex is worried about his reputation as a chef. :rolleyes:

If Darnell said she was a 'piece of trash' then he's gone down in my estimation.

In other news, Rachel is now joint second favourite to win the show. :)
    William Hill odds

Michael 15/8
    Rachel 4/1
    Kathreya 4/1
    Darnell 4/1
    Stuart 10/1
    Lisa 12/1
    Rex 25/1
    Sara 33/1
    Mohamed 40/1
    Nicole 66/1

• Advertisement

Why are they all ganging up on her over that? Talk about being shallow. Maybe Rex is worried about his reputation as a chef. :rolleyes:

If Darnell said she was a 'piece of trash' then he's gone down in my estimation.

To bring up the fact that she brings Morals into everything like it is a bad thing , says a lot more about them, than it does about Rachel.

C4 Website:

Rachel cries over rough final day as Head of House...
    Tension filled the House this evening as Rex, Darnell and Lisa kept having a go at Rachel for not voting their cake a winner in the Bake London Task. Eventually a tearful Rachel headed to the Diary Room to vent her feelings.
    "I'm a bit upset about what took place today. Rex is really annoyed with me. He's fuming. Gosh, I upset everyone" she admitted tearfully.
    "It does get you down but I'm still glad about the decision I made. I wasn't going to be intimidated when everyone started shouting at me. It does hurt. The way they kept going on and on about it. It makes you question your friendships in here. That's the hurtful thing. You think you're good friends with people and then they rip you apart," the teacher poured her heart out, barely stopping for air.
    "People in here are starting to think about the final so much so now so all of a sudden they start saying things," she continued sighing, "I was in the toilet and I overheard Lisa saying she was questioning my trust.
    But what on earth has judging a cake got to do with that? It's a bit of a wake up call but I don't want to be the one crying, I want to hold my head high. I need to leave them to calm down when they are ready it will be forgotten about. That's the best way in this place - let the cloud blow over and leave it at that."
    Yes, Rachel, but will a cloud called Rex blow away that easily?

:(, poor Rach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

To bring up the fact that she brings Morals into everything like it is a bad thing , says a lot more about them, than it does about Rachel.

Rachel holds herself to a very high moral code (which isnt a bad thing) but there is some people that just cant attain them high standards that she sets herself.

Everybody has got their own set of morals.

True;) and True:).

:D

I had got a nice piece written lastnight but as i went to post it it failed because boards was doing their backup Doh!

Yeah , I can never post after 3 because of that.:(
    But I notice some people can.:confused:

Yeah , I can never post after 3 because of that.:(
    But I notice some people can.:confused:

I think it only lasts for like half an hour.

Why is it that all along Rachel has been a fence sitter according to some HMs , and yet when she makes a decision she is the worst in the world.
    Yes I think she choose Hell because her friends were in there , Kat had been very ill and still continued cooking for everyone and did most of the cleaning. Rachel however seemed to be the only one to appreciate it.I feel that although it was brave of her to go against heaven , she should have said she was doing it for Kat and maybe some of the heavenlys would have taken it better.
    Rex telling her " I have lost all respect for you Rachel ":eek: HE has never shown her any respect in there so that was a stupid comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭35notout

I am delighted she chose hell - makes much better tv and gives us all something to talk about!!!! It would have been boring if she had chose Heaven again.

Rex said "Rachel didn't even say our cake looked great "
    or words to that effect.
    No , she didn't .
    She said " your cake looks outstanding, guys".

• Advertisement

Why is it that all along Rachel has been a fence sitter according to some HMs , and yet when she makes a decision she is the worst in the world.
    Yes I think she choose Hell because her friends were in there , Kat had been very ill and still continued cooking for everyone and did most of the cleaning. Rachel however seemed to be the only one to appreciate it.I feel that although it was brave of her to go against heaven , she should have said she was doing it for Kat and maybe some of the heavenlys would have taken it better.
    Rex telling her " I have lost all respect for you Rachel ":eek: HE has never shown her any respect in there so that was a stupid comment.

Yes i could actually understand that and respect her for making a decision like that because of the effort Kat had put in that week. I think the fence sitter started to become a running joke because you have to admit she never really had an opinion on anything when they were discussing stuff.

I think her decisions are gettin critised because they are flawed (cant really find the word) she tried to be nice with the washing up that back fired bigtime her decision over the cake wasnt a good one just to name a couple.

Yes i could actually understand that and respect her for making a decision like that because of the effort Kat had put in that week. I think the fence sitter started to become a running joke because you have to admit she never really had an opinion on anything when they were discussing stuff.

I think her decisions are gettin critised because they are flawed (cant really find the word) she tried to be nice with the washing up that back fired bigtime her decision over the cake wasnt a good one just to name a couple.

She is criticised for sitting on the fence , and criticised for making decisions.

She is criticised for sitting on the fence , and criticised for making decisions.

Do you not think that those decisions i listed were not bad decisions?

Do you not think that those decisions i listed were not bad decisions?
    The washing up one or the cake ,?.

The washing up one or the cake ,?.

Both.

The washing up was because there were only 3 HMs in hell , and she wanted to help as she saw that Kat was the one doing practically everything.
    The cake episode was because :1 , Hell had 3 people making the cake.
    1 blind housemate .
    1 very ill housemate.
    1 unable and unwanting to do anything houseprincess.

Heaven had .
    1 Chef ,
    and the rest of the able bodied heavenly HMs .
    In that situation I too would have given it to Hell.

She may not have voiced her choice properly but I can see why she did it.

Yeah but by trying to help with the washup she actually made things worse for the hell housemates so therefore bad decision.

Brushing under the carpet comes to mind.:D
    Probably wont be able to answer cause it is getting near that time.:)

Im lost regards that last message.

• Advertisement

Oh , just meant you were brushing my answer to the cake episode under the carpet , and focusing on the bad decision .:):P
    Getting near that time was referring to boards shutting down time.

Advertisement