Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Rachel a fence sitter?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

I cannot believe the reason Lisa gave for nominating Rachel:eek:
    " She's two faced".
    This coming from someone who goes around dripping poison into conversations.
    She says Rachel will not make eye contact with her.
    That's because Rachel does not like Lisa and is not a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Roses are red

Totally agree Lisa is the person who is too faced not Rachel.

Totally agree Lisa is the person who is too faced not Rachel.

And Lisa knows that Rachel knows.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm not one of Rachel's biggest fans but even I can see she is not two faced at all. She doesn't say anything at all about anybody... as for Lisa-what a bitch is she?!! Pot and kettle come to mind. She is a nasty bit of work. :mad:

Yes Ann, she has copped on that Rachel has copped on and therefore wants Rachel and her nomination out.;)

• Advertisement

Well what she said has totally backfired on her I think. By saying Rachel can't look her in the eyes then Rachel going in and nominating her and saying she doesn't like living with her it shows that if Rachel doesn't like you she can't look you straight in the face-that's not two faced Lisa!!!!

Ann22 wrote: »
    Well what she said has totally backfired on her I think. By saying Rachel can't look her in the eyes then Rachel going in and nominating her and saying she doesn't like living with her it shows that if Rachel doesn't like you she can't look you straight in the face-that's not two faced Lisa!!!!

Exactly , that is being yourself.:)

Exactly , that is being yourself.:)
    She wasn't being two faced there and has never been in the house. I never thought that. She's treated people kindly and considerately. I just suspected she acted too nicey nicey at times to be true and the fact that she was so diff in the video to me was suspicious.

She wasn't being two faced there and has never been in the house. I never thought that. She's treated people kindly and considerately. I just suspected she acted too nicey nicey at times to be true and the fact that she was so diff in the video to me was suspicious.

They tell you to big yourself up to get noticed.
    looking at Rachel's Vt , it was harmless.
    I think she does know how to have a laugh but came across Dennis and Jen and really felt out of her comfort zone.
    She then went towards Mario and Lisa ( after it became apparent that they were THE COUPLE in the house , feeling safe as in they were older and therefore nice to be around .
    She wasn't to know that Mario with his Big Ego would take this as she fancied him.
    So he tells Lisa and Lisabot believes it all.
    Can you see why Lisa does not like Rachel.:D

I had problems getting into this thread, dunno what was wrong. I suspect Lisa doesn't like Rachel as she thinks she's in with a great chance of winning. Her and Mario spotted this early on I think, him in particular. They seemed to home in on potential winners and put them down. Boy did they get p****d off when Belinda said she wanted Darnell to win especially with her a newcomer and knowing what the public saw! This of course didn't apply to Mikey 'cos it would make them look heartless to bitch about the blind guy so Mario used him, fussing round him to make himself look better(-am I awful for thinking that?)Remember when Belinda said she wanted Darnell to win, boy did that p*** them off.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Shame and humiliation I've just spotted my bad editing. What a tit am I?:D

Shame and humiliation I've just spotted my bad editing. What a tit am I?:D

You repeated yourself , no shame.
    You repeated yourself ,no shame. oops!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,755 ✭✭✭tylerdurden94

Rachel: "im sorry ive upset you Darnell but i cant think of what ive done, but im sorry"

If you cant think of what you have done then why the hell are you apolgiseing for? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Alice1

Just apologising for the distress she caused - although she may not know what it was she said / did to cause the distress.

l think that was over Nicole being evicted , Darnell nominated her and was feeling bad as he sat beside Rex and Nicole , but he turned on Rachel and Kat because they sat with Sara when Davina was telling them who was leaving.
    Rachel was confused as to why that would upset him.
    l feel he was being slightly 2 faced in that instance.
    lt is not like Nicole liked Kat or Rachel so why sit with her. He also want's Sara out and so was banging on about what the public would think about him.
    Darnell being Darnell.

I just found it a little strange, "oh i better not upset anybody so i will just apologise for nothing" oh please!

Why do you find it hard to believe that there are nice people who don't like confrontation.
    Darnell was acting like a dick because he nominated Nicole and Rex had said he wouldn't want to know those who Nominated his Nicole , in the context of he will have no time for them.
    Darnell turned the situation away from himself by saying he was annoyed that Rachel and Kat showed no support for Nicole when the eviction was read out.
    This coming from the guy who nommed her and then sat and supported her.
    He is the one who makes no sense.:)

I dont find it hard at all trust me i have friends who are like that.

But its the whole apologiseing over nothing i find to much to bare.

"lm sorry that you think l offended you" , she then went on to ask him how he would think that and he got all hot and bothered and said he would speak about it later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

I dont find it hard at all trust me i have friends who are like that.

But its the whole apologiseing over nothing i find to much to bare.

She wasn't apologising over nothing though. Darnell was pissed off about something, he didn't explain to her what it was about but said he would talk to her later. She was unware of doing anything to offend him but he was fairly angry so it's not unreasonable for her to think she had done something, albeit unknowingly.

Someone had just been evicted so I think it's fair enough for her to try to placate him and keep things calm rather than having a row.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Chinafoot wrote: »
    Someone had just been evicted so I think it's fair enough for her to try to placate him and keep things calm rather than having a row.

Yeah I can imagine how things would have been if she'd confronted him head on over it.

Rachel: "Darnell what are you on about? You're making too much of this."

Darnell: "No, f*ck that sh*t dude! I'm tired of this sh*t!"

Rachel: "Huh? What are you talking about?"

Darnell: "Don't play dumb me with dude. Don't give me that bullsh*t! People need to be themselves you know what I'm sayin?"

Rachel: "Darnell babe you're being too paranoid."

Darnell: "Whateva dude. We'll see what's what."

She handled it pretty well really. When Darnell's on the verge of one of his paranoid meltdowns it's best to leave him be. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

She handled it pretty well really. When Darnell's on the verge of one of his paranoid meltdowns it's best to leave him be. :)

Absolutely.

It always amazes me why people have such an issue with those in the house that don't want to have a blistering row at every opportunity. Do you do that in your everyday life? Do you do that with people you don't get on with at work? Why on earth would you do it on live tv with people that you're locked up with for 24 hours a day? Surely it would be far easier to cope by trying to get along with everyone and not engaging in conflict and arguments.

That was actually pretty funny!

Taken from DS Forum:

Glad l came across this as l wouldn't have the patience to go looking these up myself.:D

Ok so I keep reading from some people about Rachel says nothing and does nothing, she sits on the fence and has no opinions ect. Well I have found proof this isn't the case! Me thinks some people either don't watch BB very well, choose not to see/hear what is said, is watching a completey different BB, or they just have short memories, either way here isproof Rachel speaks up for herself and other people when she feels it's right to, note she never shouts her gob off or swears to get her point across.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujt6E5X_4eU

Rachel shuts Jen/Bex up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jJVOXctsbQ&feature=related

Just let's Alex make a right t*t of herself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEC6rbUZzXE&feature=related

Tells Rex to shut up biggrin.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0isCpeJWt78

Makes Rex look like a womble.

Rachel cornered Rebecca over claims that the kindergarten nurse wants the Big Brother house to be unhappy last night.

Voicing her opinion, Rachel said disharmony would affect everyone and that it was a "pathetic" bid for attention.

Speaking in the luxury bedroom, she said: "I only came in here to talk to you, you and I, because I heard that you said that you did not want a happy house and I think that is pathetic. That is my opinion."

Kat's song 'Happy, Happy House' was raised, with Rachel having heard that it was irritating Bex. Rachel said she liked the song and enjoyed Kat's singing.

Rebecca had spent much of the night speaking with Jennifer and Dale about how false they believe Rachel is being.

Bex said: "I’m allowed to be unhappy, we've just lost two friends." The 21-year-old said she was not fake and showed how she felt.

The discussion attracted Jennifer, Stuart and Darnell to the sidelines, and Jennifer then had her say.

"I know what [Rebecca] means. She means everyone wants everyone to be themselves," she said. "When you live with someone for 24 hours a day and when people are singing the same thing over and over again, it could be any song in the world, but eventually it is going to wind you up."

"I just wanted to voice my opinion, Bex," Rachel concluded. "I remember the Bex I met in week one."

Gave her OPINION to Bex

Rachel took Lisa to one side tonight to explain why she sometimes doesn't voice her opinions within the group.

The discussion came after Lisa referred to a jibe Mario had made about "people who sit on the fence".

Rachel said she knew the slight was directed at her, but couldn’t understand why as she thought she and Lisa were friends.

Lisa told her that Mario was offended when Rachel and others were singing love songs which he believed were designed to mock the couple on the day before eviction.

"I don't fancy you, though, Lisa," a confused Rachel replied. Lisa suggested that it was probably just a little paranoia on Mario's part, while Rachel said there was no hidden meaning to her song.

She explained that she prefers to tell people face-to-face if she has a problem with them, rather than slating individuals within a group.

The two then discussed their similarities and agreed to move forward. Rachel said she was glad they had spoken, adding that she will just forget about it now.

Twice she spoke to Lisa and comforted her.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xv2RfFiYnaY

Stood up to Alex with Steph over Chipgate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-PFnpbga7s

Puts Nicole in her place, which didn't make the HL's!

And finally something funny which didn't make the HL's

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY7z5nMp2-g

Of course there has been more where Rachel has had opinons and stood up for herself. But, she is one of these people who rasise above it when people like Rex talk to her like cr*p, because it makes them look like the prat and let's them dig a hole for theirselfs.

Also, she always sticks up for her friends and is there for them when they are upset, even if they are upset over stupid things, e.g Kat.

Have I made your day MNG?:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

for the record. i like rachel. just cos i like rex doesnt mean i cant like her too. her rex kat and darnell are my faves, and darnell has well slipped. kat.

for me it goes

rex
    kat and rachel
    darnell
    sara
    mikey
    mo
    lisa

and i hate mikey, but he can be entertaining in small doses. mo is just dull, which is a shame, cos if he'd continued to come out of his shell like he was at the start he could have been great. same for lisa, everyone thought when mario went we were going to get this wild fun character, and it hasnt really transpired.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Have I made your day MNG?:D:D:D

Yes. :)

That is a sensible post and it matches my own views.

I'm also annoyed that Rachel seeing Mikey naked didn't make the highlights as I thought that was one of the funniest moments in weeks!

It goes back to what I said before about how on the highlights show they don't do her justice and spend most of the time putting in pointless crap.

You really need to watch a lot of the LF to see a proper perspective on everybody.

the mikey naked thing was on diary room uncut, dont BB hold back some fun stuff like this for the diary room show to pad it out.

while on the topic, that diary room show annoys me. IT IS CUT!!! in the earlier series they showed EVERYTHING that happened in the diary room.

has anyone online ever managed to produce evidence of someone going to the diary room on the LF and it not being seen in any highlights, diary room uncut etc?! has anyone bothered I wonder?

zuroph wrote: »
    the mikey naked thing was on diary room uncut, dont BB hold back some fun stuff like this for the diary room show to pad it out.

while on the topic, that diary room show annoys me. IT IS CUT!!! in the earlier series they showed EVERYTHING that happened in the diary room.

has anyone online ever managed to produce evidence of someone going to the diary room on the LF and it not being seen in any highlights, diary room uncut etc?! has anyone bothered I wonder?

Do you think that it is possible to find out.
    Would there be someone out there who would watch LF non stop?.
    You know to count how many DR visits and then what was actually shown.
    Or am l not getting what you mean .:o

Do you think that it is possible to find out.
    Would there be someone out there who would watch LF non stop?.
    You know to count how many DR visits and then what was actually shown.
    Or am l not getting what you mean .:o
    well what i was saying is u might spot "at 1.10 pm rachel was called to the diary room. she was wearing green pants at the time. the rest of the house were talking about kittens vs knitting. when rachel came out she spilled ketchup on her pants in an argument about the merits of cross-stitching. she changed into red pants. on the Diary room uncut show, there was no sign of her in the diary room in green pants."

• Advertisement

zuroph wrote: »
    well what i was saying is u might spot "at 1.10 pm rachel was called to the diary room. she was wearing green pants at the time. the rest of the house were talking about kittens vs knitting. when rachel came out she spilled ketchup on her pants in an argument about the merits of cross-stitching. she changed into red pants. on the Diary room uncut show, there was no sign of her in the diary room in green pants."

Cringe and l never thought l would say that on here
    refering to myself , but l am still not getting it.:o
    Oh , and l will say it for you , Ffs , and l would not blame you one little bit.:o

Advertisement