Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low watt recess Lighting

Options
  • 20-07-2008 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for advice, what is the lowest wattage recess lighting that can be used for 100mm suspended ceiling.
    I have been told you can get a 7w but you need 150mm suspended ceiling.
    Lookingfor low wattage comparable in brightness to 50w

Advice appreciated,
    Thanks,
    Pete

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

you should try the 9W or 11W megaman CFL downlighter from any of the main suppliers. They will not compare with a 50W but they will give decent light, they cant be dimmed and they take a while to warm up.

http://www.dmlights.com/en/cat/3897/detail/c98ae1680fe1b309a960e246e6fe0fe3/Megaman/Gu10%20+%20compact%20reflector/ME+MM14142i.html

But they last long and save money over time. You will not get a fitting that is as good as a 50W halogen 12V so you'll have to settle for LED or CFL, or something else.

Get one and see what you think (check the space, I think it will work. If your halogens are 12V then you will need to remove the traffo and replace the lamp holder with a GU 10 type (in the pack).

You may also have difficulty with angled lights as the longer lamp can restrict movement in some fittings.

see also
    http://www.avocalite.ie/inc/sdetail/395

75mm long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭northdublin

just to let you know you can get dimmable gu10 cfl bulbs, i think there made by megaman and can come with there own recessed downlight type fiting. they also fit into certain types of fiting, usually the ones with the spring. the smallest cfl gu10 ive come across are made by eclipse, the same type lamp in the megaman range is a good bit bigger. if you want anymore info on where to get them pm me as i dont want to appear to be advertising a company ive no connection with , other than that a quick search on the net might yeild some results on whats available

Advertisement