Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card advice

Options
  • 20-07-2008 9:50pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭

So my 8800Gtx is dying :(

Anyway, I want to get a new graphics and am looking for some advice on which to choose. I want it tomorrow so it has to be from a real shop :P

The two I'm leaning towards are the Sapphire HD4870 for €279 and a GeCube Radeon HD4850 for €169.

I only really play CoD4 and never at resolutions greater than 1280x960 so I really don't see the point of spending an extra €110 for the 4870.

Which card do you guys think I should go for?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Get 4850.

Gtx @ 1280 must have been nice 8XAA etcetc :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Don't know tbh I play with an FPS config, the game has far too much eye candy for competitive play :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

4850 would suit your resolutions and gfx requirements. Cheap as chips as well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

oh well they didn't have the 4850 in stock so I went ahead and bought the 4870 :p

Advertisement