Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sand blasting - can one do it yourself?

Options
  • 20-07-2008 10:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hi Folks, I need to get some old smooth walls sandblasted to strip off old paint etc off it so that they can be re plastered.
    My question as the title suggests, can one hire out the equipment and DIY!

Magz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

probally a heavy scud mixed with pollybond should do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Magzr wrote: »
    Hi Folks, I need to get some old smooth walls sandblasted to strip off old paint etc off it so that they can be re plastered.

Magz.

Hi Magz,

You can hire a powerwasher with a ballbearing head that is extremely and will take off any paint at a reasonable price. Any hire shop should have one. Just make sure that the pressure is 2500 to 3000 psi and it has the ballbearing head which will take off cement too if you weren't too careful with it.

Dan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Magzr wrote: »

Magz.

Hi Magz,

You can hire a powerwasher with a ballbearing head that is extremely powerful and will take off any paint at a reasonable price. Any hire shop should have one. Just make sure that the pressure is 2500 to 3000 psi and it has the ballbearing head which will take off cement too if you weren't too careful with it.

Dan

Advertisement