Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simon Jordan - certified tosser status confirmed

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Talks a lot of sense to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

So your only point in this thread is that Simon Jordan is a tosser? Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Simon Jordan says what a lot of people think. I'd agree with mostof what he says regarding football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

DSB wrote: »
    So your only point in this thread is that Simon Jordan is a tosser? Nice.

Thank you. Nice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

/thread

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭shane86

He hates agents and thinks the whole Sepp Blatterism is in danger of ruining the game.

Sensible enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Jordon's been a bit of an idiot at times, but he's far from a tosser. and everything he's been griping about for the past few weeks is perfectly true.
    the real tosser of football is Blatter, for all the sh*t he spouts and his cronieism. and his puppet clone Platini, i.e. Blatter lite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

The guy is a total cock tbh. If he had any likable characteristics at all I'd listen to what he has to say, but he just comes across like a tool whenever I've watched him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Simon Jordan may not be instantly likeable, but he doesn't try to be, a lot of what he says is true.

It's just that he comes across as an arragant tosser, with his permatan, blonde hair and confrotational personality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

He's a camera loving attention whore, just like Warnock. They actually go well together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

zAbbo wrote: »
    It's just that he comes across as an arragant tosser, with his permatan, blonde hair and confrotational personality.
    Stekelly wrote: »
    He's a camera loving attention whore, just like Warnock. They actually go well together.

Nail on the head. Typical dimwit who knows nothing about football, the history and tradition of the game, just sees it as a "franchise"....a money spinning operation.....I wonder what sport he'll sink his fangs into next, the smug sleazy arse-faced vampire. Other than that hes a nice bloke :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Nail on the head. Typical dimwit who knows nothing about football, the history and tradition of the game, just sees it as a "franchise"....a money spinning operation.....I wonder what sport he'll sink his fangs into next, the smug sleazy arse-faced vampire. Other than that hes a nice bloke :P

So you disagree with what he says in the article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

just sees it as a "franchise"....

how is that any different to Lerner, the Glazers, the Edwards, Shinawatra, Hicks and Gillet, etc, etc.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

zAbbo wrote: »
    So you disagree with what he says in the article?
    For the moment, the subject of the article is irrelevant for me tbh. When it comes from that guy's mouth there's always some kind of ulterior motive to it so I'll take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Are we supposed to get all up in a tizzy just because one egostistical chairman is turning his back on the game? Whoah, my heart bleeds for the guy. If he's that quick to walk away from it, I frankly couldn't care less what he thinks about anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

Fail on your part sir.

Jordan was a youth player at both Palace and Chelsea, and his old man was a pro.

I think he speaks sense on this occasion, but on others, he lives up to his image of an arrogant bullshiner, particulalry when it comes to his treatment of managers and his hypocrisy. However, it's not fair to claim he has no connections with football ala the glazers, Mike Ashely, or Hicks+1. He evidently has deeply rooted ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

'Michel Platini is going in front of the European Union to identify six sports which should have a special exclusion from human rights,' Jordan told the News of the World.

Anyone know what the hell thats all about, what SIX sports Platini is supposedly trying to deny human rights to? And which human rights?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,444 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

not sure about the 6 sports, but i would say the human rights would be related to employment law - contracts, transfer fees and the likes - Webster ruling for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I can't find much to like about the guy other than what he says.

He speaks a lot of sense and, iirc, is a life long palace fan. He is always getting in trouble with the "Authorities" because he speaks his mind, which is usually in line with what the fans are thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,393 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Talks a lot of sense to me
    +1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

OP banned.
    Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement