Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Getting insured on a car on a prov licence

• 20-07-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭

Hey. Can anyone help with this. I have a provisional licence. I have a wedding Im going to next Thursday, and would like to get insured on my mothers cars for Thurs and Friday. Dont laugh too much, its a nice 07 pugoet 206, as opposed to my 96 golf estate.

Can I get insured on it? Whats involved. Shes in Chicago at the moment, but I can get her to call the insurance comp.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,584 ✭✭✭✭Steve

Simple answer is yes.

Two options:
    1. Transfer your insurance to her car for the period concerned (your car will then be uninsured for the period though).

2. Get her to call her insurance company and add you as a named driver. This will probably be the more expensive of the two.

Ring the insurance company and they should explain it to you.

Maybe a kind mod could move this to Motors...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 897 ✭✭✭oxygen_old

SteveC wrote: »
    Simple answer is yes.

Two options:
    1. Transfer your insurance to her car for the period concerned (your car will then be uninsured for the period though).

2. Get her to call her insurance company and add you as a named driver. This will probably be the more expensive of the two.

Ring the insurance company and they should explain it to you.

Maybe a kind mod could move this to Motors...:)

cheers steve, think ill try option 2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement