Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser level question

Options
  • 20-07-2008 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Has anyone bought one of these lately and if so what did they think of it. Really looking for one that is on a tripod or that will stick to the wall without nailing in a pin. Looked at some cheaper no name brands but they dont seem to throw the laser very far and not really bright enough is daylight condt's. What i am hoping is some one can give me some feed back saving me having to buy half a dozen only to bring them back. I have seen the likes of lidl/aldi tripod ones show up every so often, are they any good??

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I got one in Lidl (or Aldi, cant remember) a while back. It came with a little tripod as well.

I wouldn't rate it as a level, not accurate enough.
    It works ok for putting a line up which can be checked with a proper level or plumb line.

Grand for light DIY work, wouldn't rate it as professional in any way though.

Depends what you want if for really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers for that, need something that would be half decent but would not cost the earth;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭newmills

Hi,

I have 2 self levelling rotating laser levels. I use one for suspended metal framed plasterboard ceilings. The other one i bought at an auction and i have never used it. I can pm you the details of it if you are interested. Regards.

IF you could pm those details that would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭chuchyface

I bought a ryobi laser level - excellent thing sucks onto the wall and the beam even goes around corners - bought it from ebay.com with the dollor exchange only worked out at €25

• Advertisement

I have seen those ChuchyFace, whats the lazer like. As in can you see it even in daylight and does it throw it a good distance.

Thanks

Advertisement