Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

snowey07 wrote: »

however i dont have kids - you could not travel with kids on hand luggage only

Arra.. A couple with two largish bags could fit two smallish kids.... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I just got two e-mails from Ryanair with the subject "CHECK-IN ONLINE FOR YOUR FLIGHT NOW", advising me that I can now check in for my flights, and confirming those flight details and confirmation numbers.

Very helpful. Except that the flights were last Saturday. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

MOH wrote: »
    I just got two e-mails from Ryanair with the subject "CHECK-IN ONLINE FOR YOUR FLIGHT NOW", advising me that I can now check in for my flights, and confirming those flight details and confirmation numbers.

Very helpful. Except that the flights were last Saturday. :rolleyes:

Same here!

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭mopi

Helix wrote: »
    NEVER change flights with a budget airline, its always cheaper to book fresh

never day nev.. doh! Well the statement is incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Dont know if this question was before,i am interested whats the cheapest way to go from London to Dublin for 1 day,as a tourist,to get flight in the morning,spend a day in Dublin and go back to London?

Also i saw on Ryanair web page there are flights for 1 euro and it says no taxes,one guy told me that is not true that real price is 2 euro for 2 way ticket coz they calculate you tax later and you have to pay way more than 2 euro.I dont believe it coz on the same page in regular fares tax is calculated immediatlly in ticket price so i dont get why would they have hidden tax costs for these no taxes flights

• Advertisement

Dont know if this question was before,i am interested whats the cheapest way to go from London to Dublin for 1 day,as a tourist,to get flight in the morning,spend a day in Dublin and go back to London?

For the cheapest way you'll need to factor cost to travel to/from airports. Sticking with the Ryanair side of the deal a same day return for 2p is easy get if your not in a hurry, use a VISA Electron card to pay for the booking and 2p is all it will cost. If you are in a hurry there are £1/e1 tickets on sale right now. If you really want to save money :) book the outbound and return flights separately that way it's 1p LON2DUB and only 1c! DUB2LON now that's cheap :)) You must checkin online, print your own tickets, take only hand luggage and do not buy travel insurance.

You can flight from (say) Luton and then back to Gatwick if it makes sense to do so.

mopi wrote: »
    For the cheapest way you'll need to factor cost to travel to/from airports. Sticking with the Ryanair side of the deal a same day return for 2p is easy get if your not in a hurry, use a VISA Electron card to pay for the booking and 2p is all it will cost. If you are in a hurry there are £1/e1 tickets on sale right now. If you really want to save money :) book the outbound and return flights separately that way it's 1p LON2DUB and only 1c! DUB2LON now that's cheap :)) You must checkin online, print your own tickets, take only hand luggage and do not buy travel insurance.

You can flight from (say) Luton and then back to Gatwick if it makes sense to do so.

But still as i saw even there are flights for 0 GBP there are taxes so at the end ticket for 2 ways cost 50-60GBP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 OldRope

Would be grateful for some information regarding a flight that I book for an elderly auntie who is using a walking stick. Can she taken the walking stick on a Ryanair flight. I cannot find anything about this on their website.

Also my auntie took one of Ryanair flights that has no taxes on it. She will have no luggage. Ryan air has sent me an email stating that when she booked her flight she selected to check-in online. I do not know what this means as it the booking was normal with no luggage.

The email from Ryanair also says in their email that:

“You can check-in online from 5 days up to 4 hours before your scheduled flight departure time(s). In addition, if your outbound and return flights are within that 5 day period, at the time you check-in online then both online boarding passes can be printed.

Many thanks
    Please Note: If you do not check-in online you will be required to pay the relevant fee to check-in at the airport.”

Does anyone know what this means please any help would be appreciated?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

a few days before the flights, go online with the reservation confirmation number to ryanair. then check in online (its on the left of the page i think) and u can print off your tickets then. when u get to airport, u simply go to security, and present this print off to access the departure lounge.

But still as i saw even there are flights for 0 GBP there are taxes so at the end ticket for 2 ways cost 50-60GBP

The 0p tickets are almost never the cheapest, look for the 1p (or 1c) ones - once I got a 0c ticket for exactly that but usually it's 0c + full surcharges. Many ppl have bought 1c tickets for exactly 1c.

• Advertisement

Shouldn't be possible but yesterday (6th) I printed a two way pair where the return date is the 14th of Oct, the otherward bound flight is on the 8th so that's inside the 5 day rule.

mopi wrote: »
    The 0p tickets are almost never the cheapest, look for the 1p (or 1c) ones - once I got a 0c ticket for exactly that but usually it's 0c + full surcharges. Many ppl have bought 1c tickets for exactly 1c.

So when it says NO TAXES on Ryanair web page theres no any charges hidden?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You may not have to pay tax but other possible charges include

booking fee
    priority boarding
    luggage

etc

• Registered Users Posts: 17,189 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

If you comply with everything to get the deal - Yes. Here is the current sale which I book for my wife to go to Dublin Thur - Mon

nonamekf5.jpg
    w744.png

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Good to see both sides of the argument. My experience has not been happy. I travel every week to England and depending on where I need to be I take the most appropriate flights. At one stage the Derry to Stansted flights with Ryanair suited me best and I spent 3 months using this 'service' every week. Now Derry is a very small airport so you can't be sent to the wrong gate so there shouldn't be any issue there but here's a couple of examples of my Ryanair experience.

(1) Most weeks the flight out on a Monday morning was close to leaving on time so no complaints about that. :) But on one Monday the flight landed from Stansted (I won't say London as it's a long way from London) late and we were told just as we were expecting to take off that the flight was cancelled - no reason was given. We were sent back to the check-in desks where we duly queued to see what the story was. We were told that we could change to the late evening flight or get our money back. As I needed to be at work I asked to get my money back and was duly sent to another queue to the ticket desk to ask for my money back - why they couldn't have announced this first I'll never know. I was told my money would be paid back on my credit card within 5 days so I drove to Belfast and got a flight with BMI. When my credit card statement arrived 3 weeks later no refund had been made so to give them a chance I left it until I received the next statement. Again no refund so I rang Ryanair and eventually got through their automated system to be told I needed to fax my request in. I put together a fax explaining the issue and took two days to get through to the fax number I was given (the number was constantly busy). The refund was applied to my credit card 10 weeks after the flight was cancelled and I still have no idea why the flight was cancelled.

(2) The Friday evening flight was regularly more than 1 hour late but as I took the 4.00pm flight I was prepared for the usual delays. However, on one Friday we were told the plane had a technical fault and couldn't fly. They asked us to return to the gate at 6.00pm and there would be an announcement. The lady who announced also told us that (a) there was no seats available on the later flight or on the Saturday morning flight so if they couldn't find a plane that evening the earliest we could get out was Saturday evening and (b) don't be expecting any vouchers as they won't give you any. At 6.00pm no announcement was forthcoming - at 6.40 pm they announced that there would be a plane arriving which would take us to Derry at 10.00pm. Again the lady stressed "don't expect any vouchers". We eventually left Stansted at 10.30pm. For fun I thought I'll make a complaint and went through the pain of faxing through the issue. This time I got through in just over a day and a week later received an email saying my request for a refund under the EU legislation (I can't remember the number but this wasn't provided to passengers at Stansted or at Derry in the first example which the airline are legally obliged to do) was rejected as the 6.5 hour delay was not the fault of the airline. As I said I was just interested in what the response would be and I didn't push it further.

For the past 6 months I've been on a different project so the Aer Lingus flight from Belfast to Heathrow suits me better. In this time I've had 2 delays, one because the flight had been diverted to Luton on a Sunday evening due to thunder and lightning and couldn't get a slot into Heathrow on Monday morning before flying to Belfast so we had a 2 hour delay. The second was due to Air Traffic control in the south of England and we had a 3 hour delay two weeks ago. On both occasions the airline provided regular information and a £3 voucher - the staff couldn't have been nicer.

I would not say that I will not fly Ryanair again as I will use the most appropriate service but where there's a choice I would always use the alternative and the extra few quid on some occasions for a far better and more reliable service, for me, is worth it. Also, the myth about the "cheap flights" is simply not true if you need to be somewhere unless you're very lucky. I regularly compare the prices of the Aer Lingus Belfast-Heathrow flight and the Ryanair Derry-Stansted flight for Monday morning returning Friday evening and have found that the Aer Lingus flight is usually cheaper when all the add-ons are taken into consideration. Obviously, people can be lucky but in general there is little difference in the price and, in my opinion, the Aer Lingus service is way beyond anything I have ever experienced with Ryanair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Molly30

Mr.S wrote: »
    you checked in Online, you need a passport for that.

If you check in at the airport, you just need a driving license.

I have just been informed by the Ryanair Reservations desk in Dublin(after being on hold for 20 mins) that to fly from Dublin to Liverpool return a provisional driving dioesn;t qualify as "A valid driving licence with photo". When I said to her that they should say this on their website, she got rude and said she works in reservations, that wasn't her area etc....Anyone have any experience of this? will they really not accept a provisional licence as a valid photo ID?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Oryx wrote: »
    A drivers licence used to be ok, but didnt the law on passports between UK and Ireland change recently, requiring passports to be used?

I used my driving license last month with out a problem.

I think you are confusing the matter between the recent talk from the UK authorities about the introduction of an "electronic" border control between the UK and Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Molly30 wrote: »
    I have just been informed by the Ryanair Reservations desk in Dublin(after being on hold for 20 mins) that to fly from Dublin to Liverpool return a provisional driving dioesn;t qualify as "A valid driving licence with photo". When I said to her that they should say this on their website, she got rude and said she works in reservations, that wasn't her area etc....Anyone have any experience of this? will they really not accept a provisional licence as a valid photo ID?

Well a provisional licence isn't a driving licence. It's a licence that entitles you to learn to drive.

AFAIK most airlines only accept a full licence or passport as ID. As Ryanair told you on the phone.

eth0_ wrote: »
    Well a provisional licence isn't a driving licence. It's a licence that entitles you to learn to drive.

AFAIK most airlines only accept a full licence or passport as ID. As Ryanair told you on the phone.

I was always under the impression that a provisional driving licence is a driving licence! you learn something every day ha ha!

My point to the girl on the phone who got really rude...was that it should me more clear on their website so there's no confusion!
    I'm sure I'm not the only one who got this wrong!
    A simple "only full driving licences will be accepted" is all it takes!

I agree, but I guess they're in the right because what you have is a 'learners permit', not a driving licence.

• Advertisement

eth0_ wrote: »
    I agree, but I guess they're in the right because what you have is a 'learners permit', not a driving licence.

Well its not me, it my brother....and he does stil have a provisional licence that is not expired.
    There are still some out there....they haven't been completely phased out yet....so it does say on it:"provisional driving licence"

Molly30 wrote: »
    Well its not me, it my brother....and he does stil have a provisional licence that is not expired.
    There are still some out there....they haven't been completely phased out yet....so it does say on it:"provisional driving licence"

Which isn't a "Driving licence", unfortunately.

Why doesn't he have a passport? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

I wouldn't use the Aer Lingus to LHR as a comparison. Fact of the matter is that Aer Lingus are losing sheds loads of cash on this service in comparison to the SNN to LHR route they dropped so they are to coin a phrase licking arse big time and mollycoddling passengers with service and price.

Watch Aer Lingus staff get crabbier in years to come as their work circumstance and environment changes to be akin to Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

I should have said I have used the BMI service from Belfast City to LHR (very good but expensive), Easyjet from Belfast to Luton, Easyjet Belfast to Liverpool, BMIBaby from Belfast to East Midlands, BMIBaby from Belfast to Manchester and Easyjet from Belfast to Bristol. How would I rank them for Service and being on time?

(1) BMI
    (2) Aer Lingus
    (3) Easyjet
    (4) BMIBaby
    (5) Ryanair

The most hilarious was when on one occasion Ryanair made it to Derry 5 minutes early - we were treated to a fanfare congratulating us that we were one of the many Ryanair flights to arrive early every day. Now it was the only Ryanair Friday evening flight to Derry I have been on that was less than 60 minutes late. The shock on people's faces until they realised what was happening and then burst out laughing.:D

I think you're just INCREDIBLY unlucky. I've only twice been on a delayed Ryanair flight and both times it wasn't more than an hour delay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭c4cat

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    Good to see both sides of the argument. My experience has not been happy. I travel every week to England and depending on where I need to be I take the most appropriate flights. At one stage the Derry to Stansted flights with Ryanair suited me best and I spent 3 months using this 'service' every week. Now Derry is a very small airport so you can't be sent to the wrong gate so there shouldn't be any issue there but here's a couple of examples of my Ryanair experience.

(1) Most weeks the flight out on a Monday morning was close to leaving on time so no complaints about that. :) But on one Monday the flight landed from Stansted (I won't say London as it's a long way from London) late and we were told just as we were expecting to take off that the flight was cancelled - no reason was given. We were sent back to the check-in desks where we duly queued to see what the story was. We were told that we could change to the late evening flight or get our money back. As I needed to be at work I asked to get my money back and was duly sent to another queue to the ticket desk to ask for my money back - why they couldn't have announced this first I'll never know. I was told my money would be paid back on my credit card within 5 days so I drove to Belfast and got a flight with BMI. When my credit card statement arrived 3 weeks later no refund had been made so to give them a chance I left it until I received the next statement. Again no refund so I rang Ryanair and eventually got through their automated system to be told I needed to fax my request in. I put together a fax explaining the issue and took two days to get through to the fax number I was given (the number was constantly busy). The refund was applied to my credit card 10 weeks after the flight was cancelled and I still have no idea why the flight was cancelled.

(2) The Friday evening flight was regularly more than 1 hour late but as I took the 4.00pm flight I was prepared for the usual delays. However, on one Friday we were told the plane had a technical fault and couldn't fly. They asked us to return to the gate at 6.00pm and there would be an announcement. The lady who announced also told us that (a) there was no seats available on the later flight or on the Saturday morning flight so if they couldn't find a plane that evening the earliest we could get out was Saturday evening and (b) don't be expecting any vouchers as they won't give you any. At 6.00pm no announcement was forthcoming - at 6.40 pm they announced that there would be a plane arriving which would take us to Derry at 10.00pm. Again the lady stressed "don't expect any vouchers". We eventually left Stansted at 10.30pm. For fun I thought I'll make a complaint and went through the pain of faxing through the issue. This time I got through in just over a day and a week later received an email saying my request for a refund under the EU legislation (I can't remember the number but this wasn't provided to passengers at Stansted or at Derry in the first Ryanair.

Contact this crowd http://www.euclaim.co.uk/ all they do is fight for your compensation rights Under EC Regulation 261/2004 you may be entitled to compensation if your airline fails to operate your flight according to schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

could they get you your dignity back ? I hear ryanair stole it....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

jhegarty wrote: »
    could they get you your dignity back ? I hear ryanair stole it....
    Its not that simple, you have to fax in your request and get it approved first. It also takes two weeks for them to transfer your dignity back. Its worth the wait though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

I booked a flight for myself a few weeks ago, and later added a second person, so made a second booking for the same flight.

Just went to check in online today, and just to make sure that both of us checked in OK, I wanted to check both in at the same time. I opened two windows, entered my booking ref in one, and the other booking ref in the other. Clicked 'check in' in each window, filled in the relevant passport details in each window, clicked through to the next screen.

Then clicked 'Check in' in the first window, got the boarding pass on the screen, printed it. Switched to the second window, clicked check in - and got the first boarding pass details up again.

Ended up having to shut both windows, open a new one, and fill in all my passport info again.

It seems to have a problem with multiple windows once you go beyond a certain point. Not a situation that's going to happen very oftern, but just be aware of it as it could save you having to start from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Could be a number of issues, but basically amounts to User Error. :)
    This is a terrible thing to do on the Web. Shared browser cookies, sessions based on ip, anything could cause this behaviour.

Why did u not do it one at a time?

Advertisement