Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Naturally. Obviously as teh seats get filled, the price will increase. Just beacause you did it all in one go, they still gotta make their money mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

neacy69 wrote: »
    Just notice while pricing flights for a stag that Ryanair charge different prices for flights based on how many people are in the group.

When I priced flights based on 1 passenger:
    outbound was 29.99
    inbound was 19.99

when I priced based on 11 passengers:

outbound was 59.99
    inbound was 49.99

Same dates, same destination, same times, same flights numbers....

Is this Legal?
    I would presume that they would average the price increase amongst all passengers. Maybe the first few were at 29.99 and the next few at 59.99 and the next few at 89.99 thus average price is 59.99. Makes sense and is legal.

You could get people to book them all seperately (i would do that anyway and poll baggage if ya need to check in baggage) that way everyone doesn't have to check in at the airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,894 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

you sometimes see this with other booking systems for flights.
    They want (or must) put all the passengers into the same booking class. In your case, if theres not 11 seats at the lower booking class then you ALL get bumped up to the next booking class

Your best bet is to spend some time seeing playing with the website and try booking as many seats at the lower bookings class as possible and then book the rest at the next highest rate.

sure there might only be one seat left at the cheapo price but you'll have to investigate a little closer to find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭BoB_BoT

hey anyone noticed that it now costs 5 euro each way (used to be 2.5 handling charge each way) to use a card other than electron? I'm assuming this increase is relatively new, as I've had nobody complain to me about it yet (we sell 3v vouchers :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭opa01_2000

Friend of mine living near London had to go home for a funeral. He booked the first flight from Stansted to Dublin the next morning. Price given was £185 but didn't get a confirmation and hadn't paid anything. Website said he would get a confirmation by email within 4 hours. Checked his email hourly but received nothing. Had to leave to get to Stansted early but thought he could sort out payment there. Went to Ryanair desk who sent him to another desk. Handed over his printout and was told he hadn't paid. He agreed with this and explained he had been waiting on an email but it had failed to arrive. He was then told the price had gone up since he tried to book - price now £420. Obviously too late to get to another airport so had to go with it but I think he'll check other airlines first in future.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

opa01_2000 wrote: »
    didn't get a confirmation and hadn't paid anything

How can you get a confirmation email without paying?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sounds like he got very mixed up on the booking procedure. no email arrives before payment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    hey anyone noticed that it now costs 5 euro each way (used to be 2.5 handling charge each way) to use a card other than electron? I'm assuming this increase is relatively new, as I've had nobody complain to me about it yet (we sell 3v vouchers :P)
    This cost has been here since at least the start of the summer.

Bluetonic wrote: »
    This cost has been here since at least the start of the summer.

I know the 2.5 charge has been there for ages, totaling 5euro for a return flight. Has the 5 euro charge (each way, now making a return flight 10euro extra) been there since summer?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

BoB_BoT wrote: »
    I know the 2.5 charge has been there for ages, totaling 5euro for a return flight. Has the 5 euro charge (each way, now making a return flight 10euro extra) been there since summer?
    I just checked an old confirmation email from April. The cc charge then for a return flight was €8.

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    I just checked an old confirmation email from April. The cc charge then for a return flight was €8.

humm so it's been increasing, sneaky sneaky :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I booked on one of those 'free, no charges, no taxes' offers last week; the fee was mysteriously €22.91 on a €0.00 pair of return flights when I got to the payment, then even more mysteriously upped itself to €32.91 at the checkout.

Next time I won't click 'buy'. Silly stuff, that.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

http://bargainsireland.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/avoid-the-credit-card-charge-when-booking-with-ryanair/

www.entropay.com allows u to set up a visa debit card which is recognised as electron. set ur currency as GBP, and follow the steps. they charge a 4.5% commission on top ups to the card.

luckat wrote: »
    I booked on one of those 'free, no charges, no taxes' offers last week; the fee was mysteriously €22.91 on a €0.00 pair of return flights when I got to the payment, then even more mysteriously upped itself to €32.91 at the checkout.

added luggage, insurance, check in and/or credit card charge..

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

luckat wrote: »

It really doesnt do it mysteriously. The flight fees, if any, (while random) are shown when you select the flight time. The check in fees and luggage/insurance fees rack up as you select them on the next page. The cc fee is shown just before you hit 'buy'. Its a far cry from 'free', but each charge is shown before you have to select or pay for it.

dudara wrote: »
    How can you get a confirmation email without paying?

As I said he DIDN'T get a confirmation. Perhaps I should have been clearer - no payment was taken. He did provide his credit card details but found out at Stansted no payment was taken until they charged £420 the next day.

He printed off the page he was given which said he would have an email confirmation within four hours (which didn't arrive).

Wee mick from mullingar has boasted they make their money from funerals where they can name their price. Perhaps they're getting even sneakier about how they achieve this.

He printed off the page he was given which said he would have an email confirmation within four hours (which didn't arrive).

Wee mick from mullingar has boasted they make their money from funerals where they can name their price. Perhaps they're getting even sneakier about how they achieve this.

The email isnt the confirmation, the last page is.

yes, cos they KNEW it was a funeral he was travelling for :rolleyes:

zuroph wrote: »
    The email isnt the confirmation, the last page is.

yes, cos they KNEW it was a funeral he was travelling for :rolleyes:

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer - it was the last page where you normally get the confirmation but in this case it clearly stated that the flight couldn't be confirmed at this time but that an email would be provided within 4 hours.

It was about 7 hours before the flight was scheduled to take off (it was late taking off btw) so perhaps the software recognises people are pretty desperate to fly at this late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Perhaps I should have made myself clearer - it was the last page where you normally get the confirmation but in this case it clearly stated that the flight couldn't be confirmed at this time but that an email would be provided within 4 hours.

It was about 7 hours before the flight was scheduled to take off (it was late taking off btw) so perhaps the software recognises people are pretty desperate to fly at this late stage.

I had to fly back on hols for a funeral earlier this year. We got into East Midlands in the evening and the travel insurance 'emergency assist' idiots were supposed to have booked us on to Dublin early the next morning, but hadn't. Luckily I checked with the Ryanair desk when we landed. In fairness to the guy there, he told me to go and book it online, because if I did it at the desk he'd have to charge me full whack (about £300), and also to do it that night, as if I did it the day of travel it would be ther full fare regardless.

Cue 3 hours of fun as the Ryanair website was down, but eventually got it done by 10pm. Don't think the staff have much leeway to help you out though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

i hope this is the right place to ask this sorta question

i checked in online but gave the wrong expiry date on my passport,it still allowed me to check in. Will i have a problem when going through security/ryanair people prior to the flight. Anyone have a similar situation happen to them?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

ronano wrote: »
    i hope this is the right place to ask this sorta question

i checked in online but gave the wrong expiry date on my passport,it still allowed me to check in. Will i have a problem when going through security/ryanair people prior to the flight. Anyone have a similar situation happen to them?

Hi

Personally I don't think so, Airport security doesn't check your passport, Ryanair staff at the gate only checks the name is the same in the passport and boarding card and on destination you only need passport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

zuroph wrote: »
    LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!!!!

http://bargainsireland.wordpress.com/2008/11/21/avoid-the-credit-card-charge-when-booking-with-ryanair/

www.entropay.com allows u to set up a visa debit card which is recognised as electron. set ur currency as GBP, and follow the steps. they charge a 4.5% commission on top ups to the card.

Also worth bearing in mind the other charges Entropay (and your own credit card company) levy such as:
    FAQ

Note: If your personal credit/debit card is denominated in SGD, HKD or any other currency you can make a GBP, USD or EUR Load to EntroPay and your bank will then convert it to your local currency and charge your card in that currency. In such cases there might be a small foreign exchange charge imposed by VISA International which is outside our control.

I take that to read that if you are using a € denominated card to load on to a £ denominated Entropay card, then your own bank will convert € to £ and apply their own conversion margin (typically around 1.5 to 2.5%)

Also, since you are likely to be booking return flights from Ireland the Ryanair transaction will be in €, therefore Entropay will convert to £ with a 2% margin as per their schedule of charges.

There's also a €4.50 or £3 fee to refund money from the virtual card to your own card.

By my reckoning, you are looking at a cost of between 8 and 8.5% for every transaction using these cards, which is miniscule on a 2c return flight but not quite so small on a flight > €100. Bearing in mind the Ryanair fee is fixed at €5 per sector, a return flight costing €100 with Ryanair will cost you a 10% credit card surcharge if paying by regular Visa.

Worth thinking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

iv flights booked for england next week..flying out tomorrow..but for the past few times iv tried to check in online i get an error message, iv tried using a different computer..firefox aswell as internet explorer but i think its their website ...

am I still going to be lumped with some kind of extra charge when i go to the airport tomorrow as I haven´t been successful in printing off the boarding card.

Has this happened to anyone else in the last few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I know that it was ok a week ago. What kind of error message are you getting?

just ´error try again´.i get this message on four different computers and i was able to successfully check in a few weeks ago to scotland so I don´t know what the craic is..needless to say it´s fustrating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

Are you able to get the 'Check'N Go' here page up, or is it just after you fill in your details? The page itself comes up fine for me. If you get the page up and after the details are filled in and you click 'ONLINE CHECK-IN' it errors, check to see you have filled in all details correctly.

Boo

yeah its after I type in my passport/ birth details into the form and hit enter i get an error message.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 578 ✭✭✭boopolo

I presume you have an EU passport (non EU cannot check-in online). My only guess is there is a typo. Could be a problem wih their server. I would just keep trying and trying.

Boo

Advertisement