Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭snorlax

Well i did but nothing worked and they tried to charge me ten euros today! I told them i shouldnt have to pay for a bad website. Hopefully i will be as lucky on my return journey!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

Its as close a subtopic I could find for this, but I would like to know if anyone has changed a name on a ryanair flight, and if so what the cost was...

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭youcrazyjesus!

50 euro each way I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Its as close a subtopic I could find for this, but I would like to know if anyone has changed a name on a ryanair flight, and if so what the cost was...

Thanks

On the front page of their website, they have a link to their list of fees. First hit on Google too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

watch out though. my sister changed the dates of her flights and it turned out it would have been cheaper to just buy new tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭Kila

Thanks

The cost is a bit of a ripoff, as it so happens :eek:

To do it over the phone for a return trip costs 120 euro. If you do it yourself on the website, you can make a saving of 20 euro (100 euro for return through the site). Although I'm still not sure why it costs 100 euro when you do all the typing, make all the ticket changes, and print the changed ticket yourself...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Kila wrote: »
    Although I'm still not sure why it costs 100 euro when you do all the typing, make all the ticket changes, and print the changed ticket yourself...

They do it, because they don't want people making changes, possibly leaving them with unusable seats. It's an incentive to get it right, and if you make a mistake, you can either pay for the change, or let your original tickets go unused and simply make a new booking (which will probably be cheaper).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

The cost is to deter travel agents/profiteers booking up cheap flights then reselling them at the higher value.

i.e I book a plane load of seats (various names) Dub -> Man return for 100 euro the week Man U are playing Liverpool and resell them for 200 euro, change the names and make a hefty profit.

The system that is in place works well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

Kila wrote: »
    The cost is a bit of a ripoff, as it so happens :eek:

To do it over the phone for a return trip costs 120 euro. If you do it yourself on the website, you can make a saving of 20 euro (100 euro for return through the site). Although I'm still not sure why it costs 100 euro when you do all the typing, make all the ticket changes, and print the changed ticket yourself...

€100 to do it yourself
    €150 to do it over the phone

And its a fee per passenger, so doesn't matter whether its a return or one way flight, you still pay the same amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

lynchie wrote: »
    €100 to do it yourself
    €150 to do it over the phone

And its a fee per passenger, so doesn't matter whether its a return or one way flight, you still pay the same amount.

How does it affect online check in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭lynchie

How does it affect online check in?

Not sure about that. I would assume that once you do online checkin and print your boarding pass, that you can no longer do a name change.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

I booked a flight for a soccer match in May, flying out on Sunday the 17th and back Monday the 18th but I just got an email from Ryanair that they decided to change my flight so now I fly out on Saturday the 16th and back Monday the 19th, are they allowed do this???????/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Course they are, check the t&c's...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

I booked a flight for a soccer match in May, flying out on Sunday the 17th and back Monday the 18th but I just got an email from Ryanair that they decided to change my flight so now I fly out on Saturday the 16th and back Monday the 19th, are they allowed do this???????/
    They can but you normally have the option to cancel your ticket then but obviously then you have to find another flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭mobpd

Course they are, check the t&c's...

Are you codoning this as good business practice???
    My family have to fly Ryanair to visit me from UK and last year Ryanair changed the flight days on 2 ocassions - once was just 3 weeks before the departure day - you just couldnt rely on them to even fly you on the days you bought the flights for

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread merged into the Ryanair megathread.

mobpd wrote: »
    Doesn't sound so to me.

I think the point was there are terms & conditions which were agreed to and which would not be deemed unfair terms legally thus they are legally entitled to cancel a flight and offer another (I believe they also offer a refund as an alternative).

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

My family have to fly Ryanair to visit me from UK and last year Ryanair changed the flight days on 2 ocassions - once was just 3 weeks before the departure day - you just couldnt rely on them to even fly you on the days you bought the flights for
    Of course you are presuming that the reason for the movement is down to Ryanair. It is not always.

Probably flown with them 75 times at this stage in my life and never had a problem with a schedule being changed more than a few minutes which is normally down to Dublin slots being rearranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Sched Changes are a fact of life for anyone who travels on a regular basis Im afraid. Its the same with any airline and not a Ryanair specific problem at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

are they allowed change the date that monday is on? probably not :pac:

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    are they allowed change the date that monday is on? probably not :pac:
    Unfortunately they are - its in the t&cs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

axer wrote: »
    Unfortunately they are - its in the t&cs.
    its true, why else would they bring out their own calendar?!? Its a money making racket, you have to buy THEIR calendar so you know which day they mean by any date.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭threeleggedhors

I recently had to change my flight dates with Ryanair which was a bummer to begin with but it gets worse, much worse. I assumed it would cost a few bob even though the dates I was changing to had cheaper flight costs. I ended up paying 140 euro to change them :(. Then as I'm doing this it says that it's my responsibility to contact the insurance side of things to notify them of the change of dates, this I found fairly ridiculous but then it's Ryanair. The website gave a phone number to ring which I did and then you're told rinng another number which will cost you a tidy sum of 1.75euro a minute, come on I'd want to be getting some cute girl on the other end flirting like crazy for that rate. I get through eventually and I'm talking to woman who I can hardly hear and understand, I gave her all my details with a very notable long pause between each piece of info., they're really milking it now, I get to the end and she says there's a problem with the system and to call back 5mins later. I do so but can't get through. I ring the next day and start the same craic giving the info, get to the end and she says she needs to reboot the computer and to ring back, steam coming out my ears now. I rang again and I'm talking to a guy now who's actually got good English for a change, i gave him the info and he tells me I don't need to change anything that the insurance changed when I changed the dates. I asked him to check to make sure as the website says I need to contact them, I'm left on hold for about 4mins and he comes back telling me I gotta pay 6euro beacuse there's extra days now in new travel arrangements. Crazy or Wha :confused:

Crazy or Wha :confused:
    yip, u bought ryanair travel insurance :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

99% of the time its just easier and cheaper to book the new flights and forget about the old ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭DubLass

GreeBo wrote: »
    99% of the time its just easier and cheaper to book the new flights and forget about the old ones.

Being a frequent traveller to England I have never bothered to try mess around with flight details, if I cant use them I lose them!

Any website designers out there? I own ryanfair.com and ryanfare.com . I'd like to put up an FAQ, guide to getting the cheapest prices, possibly a search for same, tips and tricks etc. think it could become quite a useful site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭hedgeh0g

I didnt read all the posts but Ive heard on the radio there are ways around the CC charges.

Buy Ryan air vouchers. Use the vouchers to pay for the flight.
    Now unless they are CC charges for buying their own vouchers?

Also, there is a Ryan Air Credit card isnt there? If you pay with their CC do they charge you?

yes they charge you for their own card. the other option is to get a visa electron card.
    you can set up a virtual one at www.entropay.com (set up the account as sterling for it to work) they charge you just under 5% commission on deposits though, so for larger cost flights, it wont make much of a difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

The news this morning is saying to check your airline's website for information about whether they're flying to Gatwick. I've looked through the Ryanair site and can't find a thing. Anyone?

Advertisement