Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

In a statement to Independent.ie, a Ryanair spokesperson said: “While we regret any inconvenience caused, all Ryanair tickets are non-refundable, as stated in our terms and conditions agreed to at the time of booking."
    A further statement said: “The policy is discretionary and applied on a case by case basis.”

In fairness to the chap, it is one or the other, I can't see how they claim it is both 100% non-refundable and at the same time, discretionary. :confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

DeclanRe wrote: »
    That's rubbish, I've booked dozens of flights on a Macbook!

So have I, although none on Ryanair in 2 years. First time it's ever happened.

Found the attached on Ryanair Twitter, thus my original post.

Can you suggest what's causing the site to time out after I choose my flights? Using Safari.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,898 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I suspect a typo for "on a macbook". Safari is likely simply untested by them - its a very niche browser on the desktop and the mobile site is different. Try Chrome or Firefox.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

L1011 wrote: »
    I suspect a typo for "on a macbook". Safari is likely simply untested by them - its a very niche browser on the desktop and the mobile site is different. Try Chrome or Firefox.

Tried on my iphone as well, again Safari, same issue, so that could be it. Used to be fine.

Cheers for the suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Anyone has ever applied to the refund of Government Tax for an unused flight?
    If Yes, did it end up being over the 20 Euro admin fee ?
    Many thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

Site down just after they announced 2euro Nov flights suspicious or wha!

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Working fine for me. Trying to moan about ryanair for nothing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

Works fine for me. The sale started at midnight last night and there was loads of flights available at 2euro. Saw it for myself last night. As always these things are snapped up fast. As only 100,000 tickets are available at this price and ryanair sells an average of around 300,000 tickets a day you can be sure they are probably all almost gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Not working for me via phone browser, app or PC.

Not just the €2 deal, I'm searching next year and also November flights that don't come under the deal offer and it's just coming up with no options for flights on any days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

moloner4 wrote: »
    Working fine for me. Trying to moan about ryanair for nothing?

The site is open It ain't spitting out prices tho, Ps I can moan about anything I feel free to if it's OK with you of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

The site is open It ain't spitting out prices tho, Ps I can moan about anything I feel free to if it's OK with you of course!

Yeah same here. No price options open for any flights.

Not even getting them come up when I search my dates in Skyscanner, and they were showing available this morning.

Ryanair twitter is lighting up with complaints, they are just giving standard answers about an IT issue that is being worked on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭IngazZagni

The servers are probably being overloaded due to all the free publicity they have been getting from all corners of the Internet including this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Ps I can moan about anything I feel free to if it's OK with you of course!

And I'll moan about that too! That's the beauty of boards.ie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

Theyre saying an IT issue.... would you like a deeper explanation, either way they aint making money whilst that's down so you can rest assured they are trying to get it resolved asap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Doubt anything can be done, but was curious as Ryanair have a sale on today, checked flights I had paid for last month to see what the price difference was and I see that the original price they are showing before the discount is actually quite lower than what I actually paid for the same flight about a month ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Xenji wrote: »
    Doubt anything can be done, but was curious as Ryanair have a sale on today, checked flights I had paid for last month to see what the price difference was and I see that the original price they are showing before the discount is actually quite lower than what I actually paid for the same flight about a month ago.

even without there being a sale the price can fluctuate quite a lot in a month. just bad luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Could have been the original price from yesterday. The prices fluctuate quite a bit depending on the demand for the flight and how far away it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Jayop wrote: »
    Could have been the original price from yesterday. The prices fluctuate quite a bit depending on the demand for the flight and how far away it is.

That is what I thought, pain in the ass knowing though I could of got the exact same flight for half the price today though.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,442 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That is what I thought, pain in the ass knowing though I could of got the exact same flight for half the price today though.

could have gone the other way as well. such are the joys of airline pricing models.

• Advertisement

I get ya!! If I'm planning a trip I generally will check daily for a few weeks unless I get a price I'm very happy with. The amount you can save is unreal especially if you're flexible on dates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

I've got to say that about 90% of the time when I check post booking the price has gone up for me. Maybe I'm just lucky??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

I never check afterwards. What's the point? There's nothing you can do anyway so you're only stressing yourself.

I never check afterwards. What's the point? There's nothing you can do anyway so you're only stressing yourself.

My inquisitive nature I guess would be one reason, but the better reason is that if it's a route you're going to fly with any regularity then you can start to get an idea of what the best price your could have gotten would be and how far out from the flight departure date that would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Jayop wrote: »
    My inquisitive nature I guess would be one reason, but the better reason is that if it's a route you're going to fly with any regularity then you can start to get an idea of what the best price your could have gotten would be and how far out from the flight departure date that would be.

I agree with that, caught a few times and took notice of what destinations and best times to book (they are definitely not all the same). Pity they wouldn't introduce something like Paddy Power and BoyleSports and have a 'best price guarantee' ie if you book early and the price goes up you keep your price if the price goes down you get the better price. Works for bookies in enticing early bets, no reason it wouldn't work for RY/AL.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

I see after a couple of years of trying to schmooz its customers in the hope of "Always Getting Better", they are putting blocks in place again to annoy us.

Free seats only if you check within 4 days before and not at all for families. What a p in the a. As a family of 3 we always got free seats together before.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

joeysoap wrote: »
    I agree with that, caught a few times and took notice of what destinations and best times to book (they are definitely not all the same). Pity they wouldn't introduce something like Paddy Power and BoyleSports and have a 'best price guarantee' ie if you book early and the price goes up you keep your price if the price goes down you get the better price. Works for bookies in enticing early bets, no reason it wouldn't work for RY/AL.

Yeah that's not how airline flight tickets work....

The price changes in accordance with how long it is until the flight and how many seats are sold. They change constantly.

I see after a couple of years of trying to schmooz its customers in the hope of "Always Getting Better", they are putting blocks in place again to annoy us.

Free seats only if you check within 4 days before and not at all for families. What a p in the a. As a family of 3 we always got free seats together before.

Check in at the earliest possible time for free and you'll be sitting together 99 percent of time. Also if you use the app you can check in in seconds for the return flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Sanguine Fan

I suspect I know the answer to my query already but maybe someone can give me a pleasant surprise.

Last week my son and I flew from Dublin to Birmingham. I make this trip regularly and, as usual, I booked a train to take us on to our final destination. Unfortunately the flight was delayed and we missed the train. Because I had booked the train tickets via the web, they could not be changed and there was no refund. So we had to buy new tickets for a later train at the station at twice the online fare.

I have never missed this connection before and I wonder if it is worth asking Ryanair to compensate me for the additional train tickets.

Thanks.

Advertisement