Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭brighterdays

Did you call airport police? They run lost and found in the Airport. If your bag didn't get put on the plane in Madrid it might still be in Spain or making its way to Dublin right now. I'd give Ryanair a chance to respond before you start thinking solicitors and CCTV.

Oh definitely. Was just asking now, in case it came to that. I'm going to ring and see if there's an update.

Do you mean ring the Madrid airport police, or the Dublin one? Or both?

Oh definitely. Was just asking now, in case it came to that. I'm going to ring and see if there's an update.

Do you mean ring the Madrid airport police, or the Dublin one? Or both?

I meant Dublin Airport police, they operate lost and found in Dublin, so if someone picked up your case by mistake and later realised its not their case, thats who they would talk to and hand in your case to.

If the case got lost in Madrid after it had been checked in then its the airlines responsibility, as far as Im aware.

Have you heard back from Ryanair yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭billie1b

I meant Dublin Airport police, they operate lost and found in Dublin, so if someone picked up your case by mistake and later realised its not their case, thats who they would talk to and hand in your case to.

If the case got lost in Madrid after it had been checked in then its the airlines responsibility, as far as Im aware.

Have you heard back from Ryanair yet?

Not true, all lost checked in baggage and items lost/left behind on aircraft is handled by their respective companies, if the companies don't have their own base at the airport it's handled by their respective handling agent. Any lost checked baggage or items on board that you have enquiries and Airport Police will tell you to contact your airline or handling agent, that includes if a pax picked up the wrong bag by mistake and is trying to return it, Airport Police will direct said pax to whichever company they flew with and show them to the courtesy phone to let them contact the airlines arrivals desk.
    Airport Police only handle property lost on airport grounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭JosDel

Hi,

Myself and my wife are checked in for a flight to Liverpool this Friday, I made a mistake of not purchasing a seats while checking in, Can I change my boarding pass in any way so i can purchase 2 seats together?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

JosDel wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and my wife are checked in for a flight to Liverpool this Friday, I made a mistake of not purchasing a seats while checking in, Can I change my boarding pass in any way so i can purchase 2 seats together?

Yes you just need to contact their call center to make the change, it cannot be done online.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi,

Did they assigned seats not next to each other? Did you buy the 2 tickets at the same time? I purchased a few tickets even when I buy for 4 they are always assigned 3 together in the 4th in other side of the aisle.

nava wrote: »
    Did they assigned seats not next to each other? Did you buy the 2 tickets at the same time? I purchased a few tickets even when I buy for 4 they are always assigned 3 together in the 4th in other side of the aisle.

Hi

Yes I purchased both tickets at the same time, but could not checkin until 4 days before flight as I did not purchase seats together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I've tried to book a flight from Belfast to Malaga one way about ten times there but every time I enter my revolut card details it rejects it saying that there was a problem with the card. I know I have enough sterling on the card, I've even tried putting in a belfast address for the payment too.

Anyone any suggestions??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Maybe they are just looking for a credit card fee from you. (I know it's not a credit card) and won't proceed until they collect a fee?

I tried calling it a mastercard, a prepaid mastercard and a top up mastercard. No good any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

Yes I purchased both tickets at the same time, but could not checkin until 4 days before flight as I did not purchase seats together.

Ok yes as you purchase as separate tickets it will allocate random seats. You could try contacting them, they might move 1 next to the other so you only have to pay 1 fee.

Yes I contacted them and they found us 2 seats together..charge was 8.30

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The Revolt Forum says to use the pre-paid option.

Jayop wrote: »
    I've tried to book a flight from Belfast to Malaga one way about ten times there but every time I enter my revolut card details it rejects it saying that there was a problem with the card. I know I have enough sterling on the card, I've even tried putting in a belfast address for the payment too.

Anyone any suggestions??

gizmo81 wrote: »
    The Revolt Forum says to use the pre-paid option.

We tried again an hour after that and it went through OK. Cheers.

Looking for flights to Faro in July.

Cheapest direct RY is €180. But RY to Birmingham and RY Bham to Faro is total of €50. Mad or what? Pain in the whole but €130 x 2 is a fair bit of spending money.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

joeysoap wrote: »

Cheapest direct RY is €180. But RY to Birmingham and RY Bham to Faro is total of €50. Mad or what? Pain in the whole but €130 x 2 is a fair bit of spending money.

But it's quite a risk doing it that way. If something goes wrong with the transfer or Ryanair change departure times at short notice it will cost you a fair bit more than €130 pp

joeysoap wrote: »

Is that one way or return?

You can fly direct to Faro from Knock for €114 pp on July 26th.
    Flights range between that and €180 all through the month.

But it's quite a risk doing it that way. If something goes wrong with the transfer or Ryanair change departure times at short notice it will cost you a fair bit more than €130 pp

Agreed it's a chance but

🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍷🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

😀

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I was on a new Ryanair 737-800 on Sunday flying back to Stansted. I like the upgrade. The new (I presume) cheaper seats actually makes it feel like you've a lot more space.

Baby changing facility is basically a shelf above the bog, same a ever, littleTeal had a great time slipping around as I tried not to get the poopy goodness everywhere!

• Advertisement

Jayop wrote: »
    Is that one way or return?

You can fly direct to Faro from Knock for €114 pp on July 26th.
    Flights range between that and €180 all through the month.

One way, I have the returns booked a month ago, the outwards have gone up a bit in the meantime, I knew the date we had to be home by but only now can I have a good idea of the outward date. I can see €180 from Dublin ok but skyscanner threw up €50 via bham. Very tempted, for a few euros more Manchester, and Luton come into play as well as BA from Gatwick.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,901 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Any "via" with Ryanair is entirely at your own risk. They will not reaccommodate you. They are not set up for transit everywhere so you need to clear security and collect any bags etc. Also their skyscanner prices are often not live

Thanks L1011, flight ex Dub 6.25 (AL 6.30) flight ex BHX is 11.20 so there's 3 hours to play with. I haven't decided yet, will think about it before deciding either way. I don't mind the early start but my better half definitely does. Thinking maybe Manchester might be better option. Ex Dublin at 13.50 ex Manchester 16.55 (Monarch) decent time into Faro - €72 each as against €178 each AL / €180 each RY. BHX is €50 and that has dropped slightly in the past hour. If it wasn't for that early start.........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Quick question PLEASE!

Am new to using the app and the boarding card on the phone.

Anyway, two travelling, both passes on the one phone. Will take screenshots just in case too.

So do I just hand the phone to my friend when I'm done or what's the drill? Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭blondeonblonde

Quick question PLEASE!

Anyway, two travelling, both passes on the one phone. Will take screenshots just in case too.

So do I just hand the phone to my friend when I'm done or what's the drill? Thanks all.

Yeah you can hand it over when u need to or else just send them the screenshot of their pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Quick question PLEASE!

I ran into this recently using the app for the first time.

No problem whatsoever!

Hand the phone over / you scan twice / or the ground staff are well able to flick from one to the other on your phone if they realise you have both on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I ran into this recently using the app for the first time.

No problem whatsoever!

Hand the phone over / you scan twice / or the ground staff are well able to flick from one to the other on your phone if they realise you have both on there.

Thanks so much for that information. It is not clear on the FAQs, I did look first!

I suppose I was thinking the ground staff would need to align passport with boarding card.

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,362 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Thanks so much for that information. It is not clear on the FAQs, I did look first!

I suppose I was thinking the ground staff would need to align passport with boarding card.

Cheers!

Bizarrely the mobile passes seem to do away with the need to show passports! I took three flights and only had to show my passport once. I'm sure it used to be at least twice per flight before (maybe I'm remembering wrong).

Anyway the mobile boarding pass is a doddle, don't worry about it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Bizarrely the mobile passes seem to do away with the need to show passports! I took three flights and only had to show my passport once. I'm sure it used to be at least twice per flight before (maybe I'm remembering wrong).

Anyway the mobile boarding pass is a doddle, don't worry about it at all.

You only ever need your passport/ID at the boarding gate (oh and Dublin Airport Garda check on arrival), still do with the mobile pass

• Advertisement

I noticed on the last few times I booked with RY that when you select to choose seats that they are never as advertised. Booked two recent flight and on one ex Dublin the seats from row 18 on are 'on sale' at 50% off i.e. €4 to €2 but when you select them they are actually €6 each, same with the other category's €6 is €10, €13 is €14 and €15 is €16.

Advertisement