Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

deezell wrote: »
    Ive done it. Tried to change a return flight, change fee was a bit less than the a whole new flight and new date was cheaper than my original, but when I went to change the price quoted for the new flight was magically far more expensive than my original so the price to change was change fee plus difference, which, you've guessed it, was more than making a complete new booking. There were two different prices for the same flight. A normal booking price and an inflated one if using the change website. What a scam. I booked afresh, didn't cancel original and even checked in the original online for spite.

Thank you for the reply, I may let them know I will miss the flights, could get a voucher out of them at this festive time of year!! (joke)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Thank you for the reply, I may let them know I will miss the flights, could get a voucher out of them at this festive time of year!! (joke)

:)

To be fair AL aren’t any better when you don’t use the booking

Could this be to encourage more of us to book the flexi fares? I probably never will as 90% of the time I’m pretty certain I will fly, and the higher price wouldn’t justify booking flex.

joeysoap wrote: »
    :)

To be fair AL aren’t any better when you don’t use the booking

Could this be to encourage more of us to book the flexi fares? I probably never will as 90% of the time I’m pretty certain I will fly, and the higher price wouldn’t justify booking flex.

Maybe for higher cost fares I would consider a flexi option but normally for low cost I am happy to take the loss. Also i would be similar in that 90%+ I would be certain I would fly.

For a business trip the Flexi option would be more likely as there would be more moving parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

I'm going to Tenerife the first week in February. Unfortunately I didn't book my bag in at time of booking. It's now coming up as costing me €80 (total cost) to check in my bag- 20kg. Seems that if I'd paid at the time of booking the flight I would have only been charged €50.Is there any way around this so I could get the checked bag at the original price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

You can always check if upgrading to Plus (which does include a bag) is cheaper than adding a bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,433 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Hang on, just to backtrack a bit:

Browsing through the thread - what's the idea with incognito mode and clearing cookies? Does it list different or cheaper flights? (Just had a random search, and the prices were the same either way)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

majo wrote: »
    I'm going to Tenerife the first week in February. Unfortunately I didn't book my bag in at time of booking. It's now coming up as costing me €80 (total cost) to check in my bag- 20kg. Seems that if I'd paid at the time of booking the flight I would have only been charged €50.Is there any way around this so I could get the checked bag at the original price?

Maybe try the chat function and try amend your booking, you could be lucky! You might get someone in good spirits at this time of year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

It allegedly lists cheaper flights.

If you are constantly looking at the same flights, Ryanair know this and increase the price, so the legend goes.

By clearing cookies or going incognito Ryanair think you are a new punter looking for the first time and will offer the best price.

I've not seen any proof of this, however would like to see some!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

I always check the price first with Airhint, that removes the cookies from the equation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Yes always a good thing to clear the history. It may not be a fact but always good to be safe when trying to save. I would have noticed price changes recently when myself and a group of friend were looking at flights regularly and the price was up and down, I even got the flight cheaper after they had booked which I thought was strange too. It may be a case of busier flights that this may impact more so.

Not the case, I've used a Machine here in Germany and a Machine in Amsterdam regularly to check this myth :)

Never seen it happen

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The one place I found this actually happening was a ferry company, about a decade ago. Too many people realised and Icognito modes make it too easy to bypass.

A few sites used to charge Mac users more on the basis that they'd spent more on a computer so might be richer!

redcup342 wrote: »
    Not the case, I've used a Machine here in Germany and a Machine in Amsterdam regularly to check this myth :)

Never seen it happen

I know, not saying that was the case in my experience maybe I just got lucky!

But it is the case that there is optimal times to search for flights. Perhaps I fell into that nice time.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I've not seen any proof of this, however would like to see some!

Can you imagine the complexity of an algorithm that changes prices in response to people viewing, but not actually booking flights?

I look at many flights which I don't go on to book because I choose a different airport, date, to delay booking or simply not to travel at all. Ryanair has no way of knowing how intent I am on flying on a particular route just because I view it.

For the most part, there'll only be one thing that changes flight prices, and that's seats actually being sold. Some manual intervention on prices will take place due to actual events that the company know will have either and upward or downward effect on demand, but for the most part, it's probably just simple demand and supply, and targetting a particular level of seats to be sold before takeoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'd assume that ryanair actually do increase prices based on how many people are viewing flights, however I don't think that it will be different for every person viewing based on whether they've looked before or not.

Has anyone ever benefitted from any myRyanair Rewards? All I can seem to find is some €10 travel credit offer which is out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Has anyone ever benefitted from any myRyanair Rewards? All I can seem to find is some €10 travel credit offer which is out of date.

€10 travel credit offer which barely anyone / no one received. They really brushed that one under the carpet. Absolute shambles.

• Advertisement

€10 travel credit offer which barely anyone / no one received. They really brushed that one under the carpet. Absolute shambles.

Hard to believe it is still on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Is this the sign up for MyRyanair and you'll receive a €10 travel credit about a year ago?

Never received that either. Presumed I'd not met one of the T&Cs so didn't bother chasing it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Booked flights earlier for family of 4 to Milan in the summer for a Saturday to Saturday(7 days) in late May. To my horror I noticed upon completing the booking I had somehow managed to book from Saturday to Sunday(8 days). I knew I was going to get screwed but immediately went to try and amend the booking, lol, that will be 110euro please.
    The fcuking flights were only 450euro in the first place. Id rather give the 110euro to a hotel in Italy than given it to Ryanair.

Glebee wrote: »
    Booked flights earlier for family of 4 to Milan in the summer for a Saturday to Saturday(7 days) in late May. To my horror I noticed upon completing the booking I had somehow managed to book from Saturday to Sunday(8 days). I knew I was going to get screwed but immediately went to try and amend the booking, lol, that will be 110euro please.
    The fcuking flights were only 450euro in the first place. Id rather give the 110euro to a hotel in Italy than given it to Ryanair.

But in fairness RY didn’t make the mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Do they not normally allow for mistakes like this with a 24 hour grace period?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭vandriver

Ryanair chat WILL change the flights within 24 hours for no fee.

My own silly fault...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

My own silly fault...

Did you contact chat to get it changed for free?

It is possible the difference was in the actual flight prices

‘For minor corrections to your flight, you will need to contact our contact centre through our live chat service.

If you are changing your flight date, time or route, we will waive the flight change fee.
    However you will be charged any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available on your new flight.
    Please note that if the fare/fees on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.
    Outside of 24 Hour Grace Period’

• Advertisement

joeysoap wrote: »
    It is possible the difference was in the actual flight prices

‘For minor corrections to your flight, you will need to contact our contact centre through our live chat service.

If you are changing your flight date, time or route, we will waive the flight change fee.
    However you will be charged any price difference between the original fare paid and the lowest total price available on your new flight.
    Please note that if the fare/fees on the new flight is lower, no refund will be made.
    Outside of 24 Hour Grace Period’

Got through to live chat who advised there would be no fee to move unless the flight prices were dearer and to use the "manage your Itinerary" section on the web site. Then that wanted to charge me 15euro to change to a cheaper flight for a bag move fee. got back onto live chat who had a look and then wanted to 5euro as they said that was the difference in the price of the flights even though the flights I now have are 50euro less to book. its only a fiver and totally my own fault so I just paid.

Advertisement