Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* Ryanair * Ryanair * Ryanair *

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,643 ✭✭✭Glebee

Glebee wrote: »
    Got through to live chat who advised there would be no fee to move unless the flight prices were dearer and to use the "manage your Itinerary" section on the web site. Then that wanted to charge me 15euro to change to a cheaper flight for a bag move fee. got back onto live chat who had a look and then wanted to 5euro as they said that was the difference in the price of the flights even though the flights I now have are 50euro less to book. its only a fiver and totally my own fault so I just paid.

I knew it was to easy to be true. Got the flight changed easy enough but noticed during the afternoon that no info was coming up for seats and bags on the changed return flight. These were booked on the original. After getting through to customer support I am told that there will be a fee to switch the baggage and the seat (60 euro). Even if I switch back to the original flight it will mean I have to pay an additional fee (60 euro). At this stage I flip out a bit and ask to speak to supervisor as this is crazy stuff. Dont get put through to supervisor as am then told that all is taken care of with no more charges. Now when I go to look at my booking all info is in order. Lesson learned: Always always double check the dates you are booking are correct..

• Registered Users Posts: 13 CiaranWilliam

I knew it was to easy to be true. Got the flight changed easy enough but noticed during the afternoon that no info was coming up for seats and bags on the changed return flight. These were booked on the original. After getting through to customer support I am told that there will be a fee to switch the baggage and the seat (60 euro). Even if I switch back to the original flight it will mean I have to pay an additional fee (60 euro). At this stage I flip out a bit and ask to speak to supervisor as this is crazy stuff. Dont get put through to supervisor as am then told that all is taken care of with no more charges. Now when I go to look at my booking all info is in order. Lesson learned: Always always double check the dates you are booking are correct..

wow sounds like you have had a stressful time, looks like things have worked out though? (minus the additional stress of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭deezell

This is just another of their exorbitant charges. If for any reason you have to change flight dates, you suck it up and pay €60 per leg per person, plus price difference if flight is dearer on the CHANGE FLIGHT interface, which can show a much higher price than the regular flight booking interface. Having been thoroughly gouged, you then discover that your old bag booking and your seat booking is forfeit, and you have to pay them all over again. I never book bags or seats till the last minute, I've had to change return flights twice this year, the lost cost of the baggage is as much as the change fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭Rock Steady Edy

Lesson learned: Always always double check the dates you are booking are correct..

Double check and triple check. My recollection is that the flights you intend to book remain on screen throughout the booking process.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Although it's tedious, I usually get someone else to check just before I push the button. It's amazing how blind you can be to the glaringly obvious errors you've inputted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hi guys,
    So now that strike action is likely on the 20th of this month I was wondering what the situation would be in relation to return flight refunds.

We're flying to the UK from the 19th to the 21st and already have accommodation, parking, match tickets booked for a short trip. We all need to be back for the afternoon of the 21st though for work so even a rescheduled flight on the 21st could ruin the trip.

Any clues as to whether we could get a refund for at least accomodation?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Hi guys,
    So now that strike action is likely on the 20th of this month I was wondering what the situation would be in relation to return flight refunds.

We're flying to the UK from the 19th to the 21st and already have accommodation, parking, match tickets booked for a short trip. We all need to be back for the afternoon of the 21st though for work so even a rescheduled flight on the 21st could ruin the trip.

Any clues as to whether we could get a refund for at least accomodation?

How does the strike affect you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

In the IMPACT release they say basically that it's a one day strike on the 20th but they won't rule out additional days (21st and the 22nd) but won't strike between 23rd-27th.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,902 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Accomodation refunds would be at the behest of the accomodation provider. There is no 261 compensation for strike related delays/cancellations either.

Is it just my browser or is the Ryanair website just not very good.

I mean things like:-
    - not being able to do more than 3 or 4 searches in a row without having to completely reload the website
    - incorrect out-of-sequence dates appearing along the date bars, particularly when you look a few weeks or months into the future.

These flaws seem to have there for ages, and don't appear on other websites I use.

Surely a pan-European company wouldn't have a website with such fundamental design issues?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭goldenhoarde

- not being able to do more than 3 or 4 searches in a row without having to completely reload the website
    - incorrect out-of-sequence dates appearing along the date bars, particularly when you look a few weeks or months into the future.

These flaws seem to have there for ages, and don't appear on other websites I use.

Surely a pan-European company wouldn't have a website with such fundamental design issues?

Depends on the device and browser you are using to be able to say for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

The Ryanair site is full of bugs. It's a poor site and the same happens to me when searching for a few different fares, different routes etc. The mobile site is the same site, just made to fit on a mobile phone screen, and it's beyond useless. The app is okay but limited in functionality.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just in case anyone is looking to buy some last minute Ryanair vouchers. They’re saying you need to wait for 48 hours for the email with the voucher codes to arrive, rather than 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

Why would anybody buy Ryanair vouchers? To get full value for them you have to buy flights greater than the voucher.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

People must not like their friends that much. I would consider a Ryanair voucher a booby prize.

Easier and less restrictive to just give cash in a card. They are a pain to redeem with tons of T and C's attached. Not worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭BarryM

Have Ryanair changed their policy re France?

Booking Eindhoven to Marseilles for 30 March 2 April, Easter, arriving 21.20 return 19.40. That would look like an aircraft overnighting in France. For quite a while they avoided that.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

BarryM wrote: »
    Have Ryanair changed their policy re France?

Booking Eindhoven to Marseilles for 30 March 2 April, Easter, arriving 21.20 return 19.40. That would look like an aircraft overnighting in France. For quite a while they avoided that.

Doubtful that they'd base any crew in France.

I know when they operated Shannon-Beauvais, they operated a W pattern with a Shannon based aircraft, going Shannon-Beauvais-Marrakesh-Beauvais-Shannon. Hence making it look like Beauvais-Marrakesh was based, when Infact it was using a Shannon based aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭joeysoap

I know it’s not by much, but as predicted,Ryanair now that they have a acclimatized us to booking seats, have increased the price of seats in the past week or

Prediction: Priority booking to increase in price as a result of the new bags policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭Kat1170

joeysoap wrote: »
    I know it’s not by much, but as predicted,Ryanair now that they have a acclimatized us to booking seats, have increased the price of seats in the past week or

Prediction: Priority booking to increase in price as a result of the new bags policy.

Flying to Bhx next month, seats €2, still won't be buying them. Seat prices change depending on the flight destination, location on plane, time to departure. They always have.

• Advertisement

It's a while since I travelled with family on Ryanair - but they have definitely changed their "randomised" seating algorithm over the last year.

As a family of 3, we always ended up sitting together without having to pay extra for seats. Plane seats filled up in a seemingly pre-determined order, row by complete row, so it was hardly random at all.

Now it appears the "randomised algorithm" deliberately allocates middle seats first (within the 4 day free seat allocation window) to create seating splits. Despite there definitely being seats left together, my 12 year old son and I were allocated seats at different ends of the aircraft. Another new feature since we last travelled then offered a second opportunity to switch those seats (at a non-discounted price) to ones that are together. Risking familial strife (which of course Ryanair exploit), I declined. Mutually agreeable seat swaps soon sorted it out though prior to flying, and we weren't the only ones on the plane doing it.

Of course, it all makes sense why last year they introduced the policy of forcing under 12s parents to buy at least one seat now.

"Always Getting Better"? Draw your own conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That has been like that for about 7 months now... Ryanair still cling to the bullshit that they have not changed anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Meh I couldn't give a hoot where my random seat is. Once I can keep flying to European cities for less than the cost of car parking at the airport, I'm quite content.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I love Ryanair and will pay for what works for me. It is destination driven, and direct from Dublin too.

Too many penny pinching people will just try to buck the system. It is a business decision and it will work over time.

Oh and BREAKING NEWS... if you do NOT pay for priority boarding your wheelies will go in the hold. From January 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Starts 15 Jan....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,201 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Oh and BREAKING NEWS... if you do NOT pay for priority boarding your wheelies will go in the hold. From January 2017.

15 January 2018!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,669 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Now, what'd they do if everybody on board paid for priority? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Introducing Priority Plus...

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement

Advertisement